Crystal Palace Lunch or Dinner

Atotty

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We always eat dinner at CP. This time, however, my picky eater will be a Disney adult aka 10 year old and I'd rather pay $20 for one scoop of macc and cheese than $27 for it so I'm considering eating lunch there.

What is the difference? Especially in meats? My oldest is a carnivore and meat is very important. ;)

We have to make this choice soon. We are coming in June and need to book before its all booked up. How many time slots do they offer for these meals?

Mike

My husband & I have eaten there for lunch & enjoyed it very much. My husband is a meat & potato guy and he absolutely had no problem finding some type of meat to eat. They had chicken,pork,beef. I would do the lunch due to the cost of the buffet and you get just as much variety at lunch as you do the dinner. pooh:

Ellen,

I heard eons ago when we planned our first family trip that lunch only had cold cuts for meat. From your post I think my memory must be wrong or Disney changed (imagine that :) . So there is real meat at lunch time.

:banana:

There was a great carving station when we were there for lunch. Actually CP lunch was one of the better meals we had. There is a salad and cold cuts "bar" but then there is a hot entree/side dish/carving station area as well. The desserts were good too -- not quite as good as 1900 Park Faire, but better than Chef Mickey's.

We have done both lunch and dinner and I prefer lunch. Again, there is a carving station and a good variety for children to choose from also.

Oh, oh! It looks like the edge goes to lunch. I just changed lunch ressies to dinner a couple days ago. And for the poster who was thinking the choice had to be made soon before it's booked up, I made ressies 9 days out. I asked for 5:30-6:00pm, and got 5:45! I've seen they don't have Tres Leche cake for dinner, only lunch, so I now know that's one strike against dinner (I love Tres Leche Cake), but hopefully it'll still be good. I'll post a review when I come back.

Bad news! The Tres Leche dessert is no longer on the menu. It's been replaced with a "Whisky Soaked Chocolate Trifle." Chocolate cake, chocolate pastry cream, Kahlua, Bailey's, and whiskey. It is sooooo good!:thumbsup2

Bad news! The Tres Leche dessert is no longer on the menu. It's been replaced with a "Whisky Soaked Chocolate Trifle." Chocolate cake, chocolate pastry cream, Kahlua, Bailey's, and whiskey. It is sooooo good!:thumbsup2
Yes, I found out first hand that at supper, at least, there's no Tres Leche cake. Maybe it's because I don't drink much, but when I bit into that "Whiskey Soaked Chocolate Trifle", wow!! It was definitely much too strong a bite for me. And yet, I love chocolate and I loved the non-alcoholic trifle I've had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter