Crystal Palace Character Breakfast

pirate: We love CP for breakfast. We can't wait to get there again in October. DW loves the made-to-order eggs!

We have never had brek at Cp, however we had dinner there are last night in Feb 05. It was horrible! We had PS and still had to wait in line for an hour! It was cold outside and the Mk was packed! I finally went and told the lady at the door that I wanted to cancel my reservation, as long as my cc wouldn't be charged for the PS. They did take us inside and had us seated next, I wasn't tyring to be a grump and get ahead of everyone at that point I just wanted to leave. They insisted we come inside, and eat. We did, and I was still disappointed with the food! For the $$$ it was hospital food! Chef Mickey's is much better! That whole experience broke my heart because that dinner at CP was for me, because I love Eeyore! We won't even consider going back to CP again, it Chef Mickey's all the way!

We had breakfast at CP the last day of our trip in 2005. We had 8:05 reservations. DD was dressed as Aurora and DD was Peter, minus the hat. We must have been the first couple in with children, because one of the waiters told us they needed a child to open the buffet and which one would we prefer. We went with DD because she was older and could appreciate it more.

She got a signed paper chef's hat, a signed certificate, special Mickey head pancakes and we all got to pose with all four characters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD was on cloud nine all day. I felt bad for the couple next to us who tried to bribe their sons with the Mickey pancakes. I had to tell her they were special for DD. She became upset because she had the same reservation time, but arrived late due to the monorail.

The food was incredible! I fell in love with the breakfast lasagna (pound cake, waffles, pancakes, berries and creme brulee all mixed together) and asked the waiter for the recipe. He disappeared. I thought that meant no. He returned a few minutes later with a gold-embossed card with the recipe!!!!!!

DH said that was the best meal we had and wants to go back.

That will be in about 130 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, the quick hint, dressing your child as a character tends to get you much better service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have an 8:05 am ADR for dd's 13th birthday, and I can't wait! Thanks for adding to the excitement!

Beth

Glad you enjoyed your breakfast. :) This is the one Character meal we always do, even when it's just the two of us. We really like the breakfast food here. The puffed french toast is yummy. :thumbsup2

My mom ate at CP last time, and loved it! We made dinner reservations for this trip. I'm excited. I hope our food doesn't taste like hospital food too :(

Next trip I will definitely be booking CP for a before park opening breakfast!
Thanks for the good review! :thumbsup2

BuzzBelleMom said:
We had breakfast at CP the last day of our trip in 2005. We had 8:05 reservations. DD was dressed as Aurora and DD was Peter, minus the hat. We must have been the first couple in with children, because one of the waiters told us they needed a child to open the buffet and which one would we prefer. We went with DD because she was older and could appreciate it more.

She got a signed paper chef\\\'s hat, a signed certificate, special Mickey head pancakes and we all got to pose with all four characters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD was on cloud nine all day. I felt bad for the couple next to us who tried to bribe their sons with the Mickey pancakes. I had to tell her they were special for DD. She became upset because she had the same reservation time, but arrived late due to the monorail.

The food was incredible! I fell in love with the breakfast lasagna (pound cake, waffles, pancakes, berries and creme brulee all mixed together) and asked the waiter for the recipe. He disappeared. I thought that meant no. He returned a few minutes later with a gold-embossed card with the recipe!!!!!!

DH said that was the best meal we had and wants to go back.

That will be in about 130 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, the quick hint, dressing your child as a character tends to get you much better service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have an 8am ADR on Tuesday so maybe we will get lucky! We are at the Poly so it won\\\'t take long to get over there but I will make sure we are there early! My dd\\\'s don\\\'t want to dress up this time though :( they did for CRT last yr but this yr they all say no dresses!! boohooo!!

I am making them wear disney t shirts though and they got tiny braids all over their hair today they look very festive!!

thanks for the advice

I am very ready to try a park opening at least once this trip!

heartsy77 said:
We have never had brek at Cp, however we had dinner there are last night in Feb 05. It was horrible! We had PS and still had to wait in line for an hour! It was cold outside and the Mk was packed! I finally went and told the lady at the door that I wanted to cancel my reservation, as long as my cc wouldn't be charged for the PS. They did take us inside and had us seated next, I wasn't tyring to be a grump and get ahead of everyone at that point I just wanted to leave. They insisted we come inside, and eat. We did, and I was still disappointed with the food! For the $$$ it was hospital food! Chef Mickey's is much better! That whole experience broke my heart because that dinner at CP was for me, because I love Eeyore! We won't even consider going back to CP again, it Chef Mickey's all the way!

We have always enjoyed CP. I am PICKY and I think it is awesome. I am also a nurse, and it is a jillion times better than the food served at my hospital. I am so sorry you had a bad experience, maybe in a year or two after the "bad taste" leaves your mouth, you should try it again. :wizard: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter