• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crystal Palace - Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

jen42002

DIS Veteran
Wondering which meal is best. We are not going to be able to be there for an early, pre park opening breakfast. Want to definitely have a ressie at CP but not sure of what meal. Opinions as to your favorite meal?

Thanks!

We ate there for lunch on our Honeymoon and really enjoyed it. :lovestruc I felt the character interaction was fantastic! We received a Magical Moments certificate signed by all the characters, had Mickey confetti on our table in the shape of a heart and Tigger proposed to me! The food was also quite good and there was a nice variety. The restaurant itself is a very pretty setting as well. We have an early morning breakfast planned for our next trip. Based on our experience, I think any meal you choose would be great! :thumbsup2

early dinner there. We just don't do TS breakfasts at Disney on park days so that meal is eliminated. The lunch and dinner menus are similar at CP. There are a few items added at dinner (for an additional charge) so we opt for that meal.

Everybody raves about the breakfast so that is what we are trying. But we are doing a pre-park opening breakfast.

IMHO you will be happy with which ever meal you choose. We have done breakfast and dinner at CP and been very pleased with both. We like breakfast there better, but a lot of that has to do with the early entry breakfast. We feel that walking down an almost empty Main Street is a major bonus to the wonderful breakfast and character interaction at CP.

We have only done breakfast in the past an hour before park opening and just before park opening.

An hour before park opening was the best, Main Street being empty we took tons of pictures before and after.

But when we ate close to park opening we were able to ride one of the vehicles down Main Street, take pictures etc. before breakfast. But then when we exited CP after eating on that day MK was sooo crowded, it was crazy how crowded it got in just under an hour!!! If you choose breakfast and can't get the earliest slot, then I suggest making a late breakfast and enjoying some of the park before you eat.

This year we are doing dinner for variety. Really the food is good, but the atmosphere is what we enjoy most.

We have done all three meals and we LOVE the breakfast with a ressie before park opening time. Going again this year. It is a ritual.:banana:

We're doing breakfast, early entry, at CP on my DD's 10th birthday. That's assuming I can get her up early enough. I booked it, as others have said, to get into the park before opening. Being for California. it's harder for us to get to the parks early but since her birthday is 7 days into our trip I'm hoping we'll be adjusted.

Last year we did a late dinner at Tuskers on an EMH p.m. day. It was wonderful leaving AK after closing. (The dinner was only so-so, not many diners and the food wasn't very hot/good)

This will be our first meal at CP.

:wizard: We always do breakfast at Crystal Palace...we do it on a day with early morning hours and instead of trying to get into the park early to eat, we do all the attractions that are open first and then have breakfast around 10:00 am...It's a "must-do" for us every trip!!

We've only done breakfast and it is a must-do breakfast every trip for us. We won't try lunch or dinner. After two horrible experiences at H&V and a so-so meal at Chef Mickey's the last time, we've given up on lunche/dinner buffets (with the exception of Biergarten).

We usually do lunch there and my whole family loved the food choices. Am thinking this time maybe a late lunch just to get out of the heat.

I seem to have different tastebuds than some of our dissers, as I didn't care for dole whip or LeCelllier, although I would try them again. I do, however, agree about CP at breakfast time. They have some really unique items, like the puffed french toast and breakfast lasagna (yum!) and a really large variety. The restaurant is really pretty too. I've always had a bit of a wait past our ADR times though.

We have been at lunch before too, and I wasn't impressed, except for the bostom creme pie (cake actually) - it was delicous!

Like others said, it's cool to get into MK early too.

I like all 3.

the only difference in Lunch and Dinner is shrimp. and since I don't eat seafood it doesn't matter to me.

I like the veggie pasta they offer during lunch and dinner, but I'm not a big breakfast eater. I love egg whites, and have never had a problem having them make them.

I think one of the safest choices is breakfast. You can't really mess up pancakes, eggs, and sausage.. I've never been to a Disney breakfast buffet that wasn't good

Crystal Palace also has that awesome breakfast lasagna!

but we loved it so much that we're doing it twice when we go back in August! The food was to die for and the characters were wonderful. We loved the breakfast lasagna and puffed french toast, and I think my son ate his weight in fresh strawberries!

Honestly, breakfast is the best in my opinion. I love it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter