• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cryptic Hints on Closing Attractions

DISPrincessMom

Mouseketeer
Hi,
So, on the way home to French Quarter from one of the parks late at night last week, we had a particularly chatty bus driver. He was rambling on about the upcoming 50th anniversary and changes that would be happening. One of the things he said was to 'enjoy all attractions to the fullest during this trip because many of them aren't going to be around in a few years'. Of course, he couldn't share any details because 'the Mouse keeps a close eye on them' and we would 'have to ask someone not wearing a name tag' what attractions would be closing.
This was kind of a weird and unsettling ride, to tell the truth, and i'm wondering if anyone 'in the know' has heard rumors of specific attractions closing? The way it was worded sounded particularly ominous like we were going to be losing some favorite things.

So, on the way home to French Quarter from one of the parks late at night last week,
we had a particularly chatty bus driver.
He was rambling on about...

Anything that comes after that phrase is, how shall we say... questionable.

(And, I'm not really kidding.) ;)

The Disney Bus Drivers are absolutely NOTORIOUS for telling the wildest tales in WDW!!

Last edited:

Anything that comes after that phrase is, how shall we say... questionable.

(And, I'm not really kidding.) ;)

The Disney Bus Drivers are absolutely NOTORIOUS for telling the wildest tales in WDW!!

I was wondering what would motivate him to be saying this stuff. Just trying to hold our attention? I mean, you would think they would not be allowed to say stuff like that. He also said that WDW would be running on 100% solar by the 50th which i did believe.

I was wondering what would motivate him to be saying this stuff. Just trying to hold our attention? I mean, you would think they would not be allowed to say stuff like that. He also said that WDW would be running on 100% solar by the 50th which i did believe.

The Bus Drivers have been the harbingers of tall tales since the first bus left the barn in the 1970's.

The solar thing is coming (but it will not be "100%.")

That's just too obvious. I mean, why not go for the heart and soul of WDW? Plus it comes with the added advantage of ousting those out of date princesses. ;)

Fairytale hall replaced by a cadre of storm troopers? Walt and Mickey replaced with Emperor and Darth Vader?

Tomorrowland Speedway may be gone next when TRON comes (or maybe it will just be updated). I've also heard Journey into Imagination may get repurposed at some point, but there is enough space in the already empty pavilions in Epcot that space is not really at a premium right now.

One of my co-workers is a former Disney bus driver (he retired and came back) and I asked him about the tall tales told by bus drivers. He thought it was funny that people talk about that because according to him it's really just a combination of the rumor mill being like a game of 'telephone' and the fact that they get bored driving around all day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter