• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crying at WDW

beedee12

Mouseketeer
Real talk time ;).... I haven't been to disney world as an adult. My husband and I are going in December for our anniversary. I already tear up when I watch disney videos on YouTube! I just know I'm going to be a sobby mess when I first see the castle and when I see wishes! Does anyone else get this way?!

Real talk time ;).... I haven't been to disney world as an adult. My husband and I are going in December for our anniversary. I already tear up when I watch disney videos on YouTube! I just know I'm going to be a sobby mess when I first see the castle and when I see wishes! Does anyone else get this way?!

Yes! As soon as we hit Main street the first & last day. And when we go back to reality. Every. Single. Time. ;)

Oh I KNOW I will cry! Been there a few times before, and always get emotional at the fireworks, etc... but this year is different after losing my Disney-obsessed sister last fall, knowing she'll never get that first glimpse of the castle again, etc. etc. all of the things I'll be seeing will just put a lump in my throat. I know I'll cry on the PP ride, it's our favorite ride in the parks hands down. I hope that I don't get too emotional and ruin my dd's experience, but I think once I'm there and get it out of my system the first day, I'll be able to just take in ALL of the joy and experience of seeing it through my dd's eyes for the first time.... Tears are good. Tears of joy are awesome.

Last month's visit, I teared up:

-at the MK opening show. We had driven all night, got in at 4:00am and this was the first moment of being at a park for the trip.

-walking down Main Street thereafter with the castle in view.

-at Voyage of the Little Mermaid show. My daughter used to pretend she was Ariel in our claw foot bathtub when she was little. She's now away at university and I miss her.

-at the Frozen Sing-A-Long. That dang "Let It Go" song and Elsa made it snow, I tell you.

I think it simply shows how Disney can touch you, no matter how old you are. Also, I think that being adults and having adults responsabilities, when you get in a Disney Park and you leave everything behind, stress is gone, and tears are in!!

With that being said, we're starting to think about going on a trip next october, with our first child, who is supposed to be with us by the end of next month! Can't wait to see how many times we'll cry seing him in Disney for the first time!

Yep ~ just like MikeandAllisMom ~ I cry as soon as I see the castle down main street, and MK is always our last stop before going home ~ and yep, I cry then too.:sad1:

Yes, as soon as I step onto Magical Express, I start....and pretty much don't stop. :rotfl2:

Stepping onto Main Street.....Wishes.....IllumiNations.....Soarin' (for some unknown reason).

This past trip I cried many times as my family rode Tower of Terror over and over again without me. It's my favorite ride and I couldn't go because I was 19 weeks pregnant at the time. I literally sat on a bench and cried each time...

Were annual passholders and go usually at least twice a month for the day... And EVERY time I see Wishes I'm a sobbing mess!! I cry at Disney movies and music. I cry at beauty and the beast show, voyage to the little mermaid, and the frozen sing along show (like others have said). Part if my problem is that we got engaged and married at Disney so it holds such a special place in my heart :)

I'm going in December too, I'll keep an eye out for you so I can point and laugh! :) Just kidding, I wouldn't say I cry but there is a feeling that comes over me when I drive in and see that Walt Disney World sign over the road. It gets strong each step I get to the park (whichever one I go to first).

We will be at the world starting Monday and it will be the first trip since losing my beloved husband this year. I can hardly speak about the food and wine festival without crying much less being there without him. His favorite park was Epcot and he enjoyed the WSP And Off Kilter. I can't imagine what he would have said about both of these acts being replaced. I know it's going to be very hard to be there without him and I will be a blubbering mess. Only 5 days and hopefully can manage to have a decent time with my best friend who has supported me throughout my loss. My daughter and grandson will be coming down after we are there so will have their support also. They were there in May and said it was hard but dad would want us to continue our disney trips, so if you see a lady crying frequently it's me trying to survive without my dear hubby who will be there in my heart and thoughts.

I cried on my first visit to WDW. I cried the first time we took our oldest to WDW. And I cry every time I see Wishes! I'm a big cry baby, lol.

When I see the monorail I start tearing up lol! It's bad my son is like mommy what's wrong lol. I'm always like darn allergies lol

I will be crying for sure on my next trip. Going with my sis and her family and kiddos have never been. We have bfast ressies at CP at 8:15 our first day. Pretty sure I'll be a mess when pooh and tigger get to our table. Those are the kiddos faves. I also cry at Wishes and Soarin. I think the Lion King show made me cry last time and Nemo always does too. I cry for a lot of emotions...not just being sad.

Just reading this thread has got tears in my eyes. WDW is so special to so many of us. I am very thankful for being able to go and make life long memories for our family. Of coarse I am a bit Disney obsessed at home as well, to me Disney is much more the just the parks. I do love the parks.

I tear up several times a trip haha...but I'm an emotional person. Specifically the first time I see the castle, and the last time I watch Wishes.

Oh I KNOW I will cry! Been there a few times before, and always get emotional at the fireworks, etc... but this year is different after losing my Disney-obsessed sister last fall, knowing she'll never get that first glimpse of the castle again, etc. etc. all of the things I'll be seeing will just put a lump in my throat. I know I'll cry on the PP ride, it's our favorite ride in the parks hands down. I hope that I don't get too emotional and ruin my dd's experience, but I think once I'm there and get it out of my system the first day, I'll be able to just take in ALL of the joy and experience of seeing it through my dd's eyes for the first time.... Tears are good. Tears of joy are awesome.

We will be at the world starting Monday and it will be the first trip since losing my beloved husband this year. I can hardly speak about the food and wine festival without crying much less being there without him. His favorite park was Epcot and he enjoyed the WSP And Off Kilter. I can't imagine what he would have said about both of these acts being replaced. I know it's going to be very hard to be there without him and I will be a blubbering mess. Only 5 days and hopefully can manage to have a decent time with my best friend who has supported me throughout my loss. My daughter and grandson will be coming down after we are there so will have their support also. They were there in May and said it was hard but dad would want us to continue our disney trips, so if you see a lady crying frequently it's me trying to survive without my dear hubby who will be there in my heart and thoughts.

I hope you both have wonderful trips.pixiedust:

I cry at the shows a lot. When they play the Disney theme music we all know and love I just tear up. I'm tearing up now, just thinking about it. Wishes, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic, or any time I hear "When you wish upon a star".

I never cry...ever. I am a big tough man...
But, it seems to me that something in the air at WDW does cause me to get a salty discharge from my eyes...someone must be cutting onions during the "When you wish upon a star" song. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter