Crusing Magic 1/11 TV and docking question

Sabor

Mouseketeer
Departing on the Magic 1/11 and was wondering about the TV reception (are there any times when you do not get any)? I know this may sound trivial but I am a huge NY Jet Football fan and it seems we have a huge playoff game Sunday 1/12 at 4:30.
At this time we will have been cruising for a day and would probably be as far off from any land point. Does the ESPN Lounge have any different set up.
Also my plan is to have my wife take the kids to our early seating and then we will go to Palo later.
One other question on the USVI web site that list how many boats and there docking position , says there will be 5 ships in port at St Thomas and lists the Magic as Inner Anchorage does that mean we will have to tender? the other two times the Magic is St Thomas I think it was kisted as CCCI

but it seems to me that around 4:30, we were doing our mandatory fire drill etc. Once the drill was over we went immediately upstairs to ESPN and while it was "open" there was no one there and nothing was showing on the big screen. I have friends on the ship now and will ask them when they I see thenm. Since this is Monday I guess they are technically "off" now.

Except that if the game is on Sunday, Jan 12 then there should be no problem as the drill would happen on Saturday, Jan 11...

I'm guessing you accidentally read the message wrong :)

Jen

You MAY get the game but satellite reception is pretty spotty on the sea days on the Eastern cruise.

Typically the Magic docks in St. Thomas but it is not unheard of for it to be one of the ships that has to tender in instead.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

We will be on the 1/18 Magic so football tv reception would not be an issue except for all star game but I couldn't resist:

J--E--T--S JETS JETS JETS!!!
J--E--T--S JETS JETS JETS!!!

Arlene:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We'll be on the 1/18 Magic Western. Thankfully the ship will be at Key West on the 19th so we can watch the Bucs win the NFC Championship (yes, I AM confident!) :p

Diana

If the ship is listed as being at the Inner Anchorage, then it will have to tender. There are two cruise ship docks at St. Thomas. The WICO (West Indies Company) pier and the Crown Bay pier. I believe that Crown Bay can handle two ships, but they must be somewhat small. The WICO pier holds three. There is also an outer Anchorage, but the only ship I've seen there is the ms Norway, which is an older ship and has a very deep draft, so cannot come into the harbor. On the 15th, the website shows only the Golden Princess and Navigator of the Seas at the WICO pier. These are two of the biggest ships going, so there may or may not be space on the pier. Sometimes there is construction going on at the pier, and that takes up some space, too.

I have heard that recently the ship was scheduled to anchor and tender, but they found out the night before that they received a spot on the WICO pier. I'm not sure what the inner workings of determining which ships go where are. I do know that the Magic occasionally has had to rotate with other ships from week to week during the high (winter) season when there are more ships in port than spots on the dock.

As to the Jets game, on the Eastern cruise, there are times when there is no TV reception. They can pull in the satellite feed from ESPN and ABC, but unless they make a special provision, as they do for the Super Bowl, they can't get the feed from FOX or CBS. I think the Super Bowl is on ABC this year, so that won't be an issue, but there is probably a fair chance that you won't get to watch the Jets game on Sunday. If they can pull the broadcast feed, then you can watch it. If not, you're out of luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter