• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crush 'n' Gusher... reviews?

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
I suddenly remembered that the last time we were at WDW they were just beginning to build a new waterslide at TL which I later discovered is called Crush 'n' Gusher. Now that we're planning a trip in 5/08 I'm excited to try it! :woohoo: From what I've read, it sounds pretty cool! I'm looking for some reviews though, because despite the fact that I love most waterslides, I must say I detest any that are super steep and fast. Are there any sections of this ride that I should be wary of? Overall, what do you think of the ride?

thanks,
Laura

We'll be on it next Monday!:banana:

Is there a height requ for this puppy? Passporter says 48", but the Disney site has nothing.

We did it last week and it was soooo much fun. If you arrive early you have a pretty good chance of riding it several times before the line gets to long. One piece of advice they don't give riders... Hold or Clinch your butt. hahaha I had a woman give me that piece of advice when we were taking her raft and I didn't understand what she meant until after my butt hit the first dip. Everybody in my party gave the piece of advice to everyone we handed our rafts to. Butt(lol) all and all it is a TOTAL Blast. Be sure to smile as you near the end of the slide, they take Photopass pics of everybody. They've even got one of me holding up my bathing suit top after I gave everybody there more than a simple smile. HAHAHA

Toya

Not at all. They have waterproof passes on a wristband that they give to everybody that comes down the slide you can use that same pass to take more pics all over the park and since you have it on a wristband/keychain thingy you don't have to worry about losing it. You can combine those pics with the photopasses you already have at the end of your trip. That's what we did.

Toya

we rode it a few years ago. its a pretty fun ride. the only water coaster that I know of.

Oh, I wish we had made it to TL on our recent visit!

That I'm not sure about, I have two little girls 9 and 2 so obviously the 2yr old stayed with grandma and played in the sand while my 9yr old rode with no problems, but she is tall even for her age. But I would imagine the height requirement would be some where around 48 inches cuz the measurement of the water at the bottom of the ride is 3feet. So I'm sure they want to make sure the child can atleast stand in 3 feet of water.

Toya

word of caution - you REALLY need to lift your butt on the conveyor belts. I didn't and my lower back looked like someone took a bat to me for a few weeks after. It hurt like heck.....

The biggest tip of all - KEEP YOUR BUTT UP!!! No kidding - if it drags it will hurt! Real fun ride tho! :)

DS6 was about 49" and he had a hard time keeping his butt up, but he still talks about Crush and Gusher to this day. I can't remember the name of the slide, but the center line has the best slide. We went on a rainy day and rode it about 50 x no kidding!!!

It is 48 inches and they are very strict. My DS's head touched the bottom of the bar but she could forcibly move the stick so he couldn't ride.

I didn't think it was worth the wait in line. OK but not that great as far as I'm concerned.

I don't remember my butt hurting at all and neither does anyone in my family, I just asked.

If it really hurts that much, can you bring a towel to sit on? I'm afraid that my kids won't remember to keep their bottom's up!

No you could not sit on a towel it would get caught in the conveyor belt.

My DH daughter and myself rode it many many times, last year it was our favorite ride. My husband always sat in the back of the three person raft, he talked about his butt hitting but did not get bruised, he complained of having to lean way back and use his stomach muscles ( which he rarely uses :rotfl2: ) to hold himself up so his butt would not dragg.

I only have heard of the adults butts dragging, maybe it has something to do with the fact that typically we weigh more than the kids, so we sit lower in the tube.

Great wolf lodge has the same ride but their tubes have bottoms, I wish Crush and Gusher had bottoms.

we were there last week. Crush n Gusher was my favorite thing in all of WDW! It was awesome. No super steep drops, not too fast to be scary. DH and I rode it over and over again. There are three lines: Banana, Pineapple, and Coconut. We never got to ride Banana, because the line for that one was a lot longer than the other two. We liked Pineapple the best! I can't convey just how much we loved this. Oh, and we didn't hurt our bottoms. I don't know how we managed to escape it, because we rode this several times. You absolutely have to ride this though!

Keep your bottom up! I too had bruises for weeks after riding. Be careful how much weight is riding with you. I had my 2 teenagers on the raft with me and couldn't lift my butt. I felt like I was getting spanked during the entire ride -:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter