• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crush 'n Gusher 3 slides

ms.ojo

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me more about the 3 different slides? It has been at least 5 yrs since we were there and as I recall it was sort of like the 3 bears: one slide was sort of a beginner "easier" ride...one was more intense and one was in the middle.

1) I know they each have unique names, can anyone tell me more about each of them. Banana, Pineapple & Coconut?
2) are they all double passenger only now? No single rafts available to carry up? If no other single rider can a single ride a double tube solo?
3) I think the one to the far left had its own queue? while the other 2 went up on the right stairwell and then split further up?

I know I might only be able to get up all those stairs once or twice and want to hit "the best" slide...then wondering how the rest of my family will be able to enjoy it as 3 ppl and not 4. Thanks in advance for you help!

In my experience (WP AP holder) the three slides are basically all the same. They all have 3 down slopes where the slide is open at the top and water pushes the raft forward, and several tunnels of darkness for brief periods. Only one slide allows single riders now (coconut crusher I believe - the slide on the far right hand side) so that line is typically longer. The line does branch off for Banana Blaster on the left as you mentioned. The raft is the same size for all - a double raft, but if you ride single, you just sit in the back portion. Best is in your own opinion - I can't tell you any real noticeable differences that would be "better" than the others. We typically hit all of them 3 times in a row early in our day, as lines are super short the first hour of the day most of the time when we go.

have fun when you go!

Thank you! One more question since you are an AP WP holder (woo hoo, wish we lived close enough to be one too) How quickly does the line get long at the "new" Missadventure falls family raft ride? That is, if we do a few CnG slides, will we still be able to do a couple family rides on MissAdventure? Or if the Raft Ride is now more our speed, should we start there, and as long as the kids get over to CnG within an hour of opening can they expect to hit that a few times? We will be there (gulp) over 4th of July week!

It is not very long for the first hour either. You should be able to get several rides on C&G and misadventure falls before any line is longer than 15 minutes. Falls rafts only hold 3 or 4, not 5 or 6 like TS at BB, so the line doesn't move quite as fast as that one, but it's still pretty quick loading. 4th of July could mean none of this matters, but the water parks are never as busy as the theme parks. Just be there 15 minutes prior to open to park and get into the park.

Rode it years ago and loved it. Have herniated discs now and stairs kill me
So I am guess no Crush n Gusher for me ??

Rode it years ago and loved it. Have herniated discs now and stairs kill me
So I am guess no Crush n Gusher for me ??

I have had 2 surgeries for herniated disks and blew another disk that we decided not to treat. I have a numb leg and my other leg is weak. I plan to hit all three of those slides and the family slide at park open. Then I will rest. I no longer get local water park tickets because I can’t do much but I will power through those things if it kills me lol. Plus my daughter needs someone to ride with. One thing I can’t do is lay on my back in an inner tube like in the lazy river. That hits right where my lumbar issues are so I need to be on my stomach. Might not even be able to go all around it without getting off and walking Climbing steps sucks but I am able to power through. I am not fast though so people behind me either blow by us or stay behind going slow. I don’t turn around to see if they are mad or not. Don’t want to know. I am not super slow just not fast. Anyway that is what I am able to do with my particular situation.

I have had 2 surgeries for herniated disks and blew another disk that we decided not to treat. I have a numb leg and my other leg is weak. I plan to hit all three of those slides and the family slide at park open. Then I will rest. I no longer get local water park tickets because I can’t do much but I will power through those things if it kills me lol. Plus my daughter needs someone to ride with. One thing I can’t do is lay on my back in an inner tube like in the lazy river. That hits right where my lumbar issues are so I need to be on my stomach. Might not even be able to go all around it without getting off and walking Climbing steps sucks but I am able to power through. I am not fast though so people behind me either blow by us or stay behind going slow. I don’t turn around to see if they are mad or not. Don’t want to know. I am not super slow just not fast. Anyway that is what I am able to do with my particular situation.

Thank you so very much! Makes me feel better about going next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter