• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising with older teens... Need advice please

Bambi D.

Earning My Ears
We are traveling with two older teens. 16 and 18. We've put them in their own stateroom but dcl requires one person over 25 years old be in each room. So when we booked we split up. The reservation has one parent and one child in each room. How will we work out our key cards? If they are used to identify us to board and/or admit them to specific areas, we can't just swap key cards with one of the kids. Will the CMs at port understand and have a solution or is it best to not say anything. At all? Perhaps, they could make some of cards open both doors?????

Each person will keep the key with their name on it Go to Guest Services and get an extra key for people that are switching rooms. This key card will be blank and will open cabin door that they are not assigned to.

just got back from a week at dw with 15 year old dd.my advice.....leave them at home.dont realy know but we will be doing the same in nov.dw and i are split on the res but we were just going figure it out when we got there.

Each person will keep the key with their name on it Go to Guest Services and get an extra key for people that are switching rooms. This key card will be blank and will open cabin door that they are not assigned to.
Thank you!!

FYI: the keys open the doors by just tapping the key to the lock. But you can only tap one key at a time. You will need to keep the key with the name on it and the blank key separate from each other.

I like to carry my key card in a lanyard so I got an extra card pouch and did this.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter