Cruising with kids

goofymota

Earning My Ears
My mom and mother-in-law want to take my girls on the disney cruise in 2010......I don't like boats so this makes me very nervous. I am sure the ship is safe for my 6year old and my 4year old.......Can anyone tell me a little more about it to calm my nerves? Thanks.

Help with the planning and you will soon see what the excitement is all about. Before too long, you'll begin questioning why you aren't going. Something about that "mouse" that removes the fear and brings the joy. Odds are. . . you'll go with them and you'll be enjoying one of the best vacations with your children that will give you a lifetime of wonderful memories.

TRUST THE MOUSE ! :thumbsup2

Thank you.........I might have to go. I don't think I can let them go without me!!!!

I never had any desire to go on a cruise, but after an exhausting trip to Disney World, I stumbled across the the cruise section of the DIS board and found the perfect vacation for me and my girls.

My kids love the cruise, you walk onto the ship and you forget about the real world and just have a good time. DCL is so good at making everyone feel special and important.

Take some time to read trip reports especially ones with pictures and you see the joy in the kids eyes and you will soon be eager to share this with your kids. In my signature is a link to a couple of trip reports I did for a girls only perspecitve.

I found the ship to be perfectly safe and was not worried at all once onboard about the safety of my children. The kid's areas are great and there is so much to do. It's really like being in another world when you are onboard. You will definitely want to join the group!

My DD was 7 on our first cruise & she LOVED it. We had to actually go & pick her up at the kids program late at night & she didn't want to go. She loved it! We 'lost' her on our 2nd cruise, she was 9. She actually got disoriented going down , one deck, to get a drink. We were watching her from the upper deck! My DH assured me she would figure it out & come back. (I'm OVER protective, DH is more laid back) When she didn't come back, he went to look for her, couldn't find her. I asked him, can I worry now :confused3 I went to a man in white & tried to explain to him what happened. I couldn't keep myself together, was crying to beat all. He assured me she was here & she didn't go over board! That is where my thought went!:confused3 Sure enough, she went right to the kids program! Oh my, that was a trip! But, she loved it then too! She is now 13 almost 14 & is looking forward to going back.

Your kids will love it! As would you if you went :)

I hope you change your mind and you go for it...

As this cruise will be my 4th and my children now 12 and 9, they loved it very much and they asked us to book it again...

At first time, I was worried about my son as he have another problem then he refused to go on any rides in park at Florida... then I thought myself what if he refused to go on Cruise but turn out he was so looking forward to step in and he was crying when departed the cruise...

yes, it is safety and lots of fun for your kids too...

I am sure your girls would love it very much...

We all loved it...

Scottishwee35

As a grandmother I would not hesitate to take my grandchildren(5-8-10-12)without their parents.

I think you should give it up and go with them only because of the wonderful adventure you would be missing.

My mom and mother-in-law want to take my girls on the disney cruise in 2010......I don't like boats so this makes me very nervous. I am sure the ship is safe for my 6year old and my 4year old.......Can anyone tell me a little more about it to calm my nerves? Thanks.

No, no, they are far too young! The only solution is that you must go with them!! :banana:

Problem solved!!! :laughing:

We just got off the Wonder with a 3.5 year old and a 19 month old. My wife and I are borderline paranoid about the safety of our children, and will not just blindly leave our kids with anyone. That being said, we had a very positive experience. The ship is very kid safe with high railings and plexiglass covering any opening in railings. We let both our kids roam freely on deck (while right next to them, of course, and never felt nervous. Our oldest son spent a few hours in the kids club and loved it, and our 19 month old (who dislikes being separated from mom and dad) had no problems with Flounders. We checked on him once and one of the workers was rocking him to sleep! The funny thing is that I think our 19 month old had the most fun of anyone in the family! I would not have any reservations about taking your children on a Disney cruise, they will love it.

Railings are very high, and covered with clear plexiglass. DS is 10, DD6. DH is 6'1", so that will tell you how high they are.

DSC02283.jpg

This is deck 9 near Topsiders. Deck 9 was enclosed all the way around with the exception of at Topsiders, where they had the high railings. There are floor to ceilings windows around the rest of the deck.

DSC02265.jpg

Hope this helps you a little... I know I wanted to SEE pictures of the railings and such when researching our cruise. I never once felt that my kids were unsafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter