Cruising with extended family, tell me it's as great as I hope it will be!!!

MScott1851

<font color=font color=royalblue>Got a link for th
My Dad retired in December, was diagnosed with lung cancer in January, had surgery to remove part of his right lung in February, and is in the middle of a 16 week round of chemotherapy that will be over in July.

His dream of retirement was for he and my mom to travel to all the places they've never been, and I want to help make that happen for them, sooner than later.

So....I booked them airfare and a cabin on the same cruise that DH and I are going on in late September (as part of our land/sea package,) and am giving it to them for their 40th Anniversary in June!!! I hope they like it, they've never cruised before, and I want everything to exceed their expectations, that's why I chose DCL. I would have booked them the entire Land/Sea package, but I think that 4 days at Disney in the heat and humidity of September would have been too strenuous for both of them...

So, now DH is throwing the idea up to his mom and her husband to go with us as well. I think it's going to be great, they get along really well with my parents, and I'm thinking if they go, the four of them can hang out a little while DH and I enjoy some alone time!

I know a lot of you have cruised with the in-laws and out-laws before, so how did it turn out?

We've cruised with up to 20 people on one cruise (meaning my family :rotfl2: ). We had a great time. Basically, we all had dinner together but didn't always see each other during the day. Sometimes I'd be with one group and sometimes I'd be with another. There's so much to do and everyone has different likes and dislikes. I actually have a great time when there's a group of us. I'm going in September and there's only four of us (I'm doing a 7-day and the rest of the crowd is actually doing a 4-day in July as they can't go in September with the kids in school - plus one is a teacher).

You'll have a great time!:thumbsup2

WOW! what a beautiful thing to do - you are such an amazing daughter and then to add your in-laws too - just think of the memories all of you will make -

I have only cruised with my siblings - we were all together at dinners but took time to ourselves during the days and on excursions -

have a total blast and take lots of pics!!

On our 1st cruise there was 16 of us and on our 2nd cruise there was 14 of us. We really had a blast & are all booked again for August 2009!

Have a wonderful trip with your family!

I planned a DCL family reunion in 2006 for 25 of my DH's family. Loved it! We had t-shirts made, brunch at Palo in the private dining room for the adults. We also hired the ships photographer for a private sitting which my inlaws paid for. We had great family shots taken under the Christmas tree. My only complaint was that my inlaws didn't spend any time at all with the grandkids. Not one minute! It was a huge let down for my sil's and I. Hopefully it will be better for you...

We cruised with 18 family members on our last cruise, did the 7 day land and sea. 8 kids and 10 adults it was great. I think you all will have a great time. I think what you are doing is wonderful and I will keep your father in my prayers :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter