Cruising With An Infant ????

You mentioned that you were anxious to introduce your babe to Disney, and thought a cruise would get you there sooner... I wanted to tell you that actually the easiest trip to the park that we ever did with our kids were when they were babies! Disney Parks and babies are great together.

We took our son at 4.5 months, and it was the PERFECT time for it. He loved being outside all the time, was perfectly happy sitting in his stroller and taking it all in. We could bring him on rides in our arms or in his baby carrier. He napped in the stroller when we walked around the park, so that was perfect. It was literally so easy to take him then!

We did a cruise with my daughter when she was 8 months (not Disney) and it was ok. It is definitely true that there is a TON more stuff to take with you!!

What is the youngest your child was when you cruised?
5 months

What did you like?
Not being far from the room. We actually did a cruise and the parks that trip and we enjoyed the cruise far more because we got to just run back to the room for things.

What did you dislike?
There's honestly nothing I can think of except maybe my overpacking craziness

What did you need to bring?
Stroller ( although at 5 months I ended up just using a carrier), diapers, wipes, bottles, sponge and dish soap, blanket for crib

What was the best way to pack diapers, wipes, etc?
We actually had them delivered by garden grocer to our hotel at WDW before getting on the ship so I didn't have to add the weight to our luggage for the plane. It was great.

How were the kids clubs?
Love love love the nursery. We had late dining and put her in the nursery. At that age she wanted me to hold her at every meal so it was a great rest for me. She was asleep every night we came to get her. Now that she's older she's still up at 11 when we come to get her. Now at 2.5 she does not want to nap with us because she's afraid she's going to miss something. We put her in there from 1-3 and she naps every time. Just some food for thought.

TIA

We have taken our 2.5 yo on 7 cruises. She went when she was 5 months, 16 months, 18 months, 26 months, and a 3 in the last 2 months. They have all been enjoyable and just get better as she learns the ships more and we have crew that remember us and are watching her grow. We actually had the same person in the nursery from when she was 16 months again when she was 26 months and he was so excited to see how she's grown. For us the worst part is always the plane ride because she doesn't want to keep her seat belt on, but that too is getting better. If you have any more specific questions then please don't hesitate to PM me. Cruising is our favorite way to travel with DD. In fact we love it so much that we've already booked our next one on the panama canal cruise and I'm only 8 weeks pregnant. good luck! :goodvibes

Just thought of something I wanted to add. We actually cruise so much that we have a specific stroller for parks an cruising because it folds up so compact. You can even put it in the overhead compartment. Any way we love our Mia Moda Cielo and it's great for the stateroom because it gets so small and the fold is so simple!

Cruising is our favorite way to travel with DD. In fact we love it so much that we've already booked our next one on the panama canal cruise and I'm only 8 weeks pregnant. good luck! :goodvibes

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Just thought of something I wanted to add. We actually cruise so much that we have a specific stroller for parks an cruising because it folds up so compact. You can even put it in the overhead compartment. Any way we love our Mia Moda Cielo and it's great for the stateroom because it gets so small and the fold is so simple!

Will have to look into one of those!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter