Cruising with 2 yr old & 7 month old

vcnpierce

Earning My Ears
I know that kids still in diapers can not go into pools to swim - but are the water fountain "splash" areas by Mickey's pool good enough to keep a 2 year old happy? I know I won't be able to keep him out of the water for 7 days.

We are about to book a cruise and I am hesitant that maybe my son will not be able to participate in much. Another question is can I take my kids into the play area for a little while if I stay with them -? since neither one will be 3 years old.

Thank you.

Yes, there is one of the Mickey ears that is designated for kids who are NOT potty trained yet.
They must wear swim diapers!! they do sell them on board, however they sell out fast and are very expensive, so bring plenty with you!!!

Sometimes when the kids are out of the club doing a special activity the counselors will let you bring in your younger kids. You must talk to them first and make sure it is ok with them and what times the club will be available. Counselors do have the final word on this, but they usually have NO problem with it. I know people who have done this. Plus I have read several posts on the subject where people did do just what you are asking about.

I know this sounds strange, but when we had our 2 year old GS with us he loved sitting in the large port hole windows by the clubs. near Rock n bar D or wave bands, depending on which ship you are on they have a few BIG port hole windows that have a padded bottom to them. many people sit there and look at the ocean, Our GS just layed back and watched the sea. I saw many little kids sitting there over our past few cruises during the day, so you might want to check it out too.

mom x4,grandma x4

My ds6 can swim, dive and snorkel, but he had the most fun in the ears this past July. They sort of have this small sprinkler that the kids love. I bed he'd be fine in it.

we took DD when she was 18m and 2nd DD when she was 10m....there is a ton for them to do - I think even people watching at some points was very entertaining for them.
However...the Mickey ear...I think it is great for the age that is not walking and will sit there but my DD's saw the bigger pool and the other kids and wanted out of the ear. Not to mention that the black part of the ear gets HOT, I burned my bum when I sat down the first time, so take a towel to sit on.

I have to admit we were a little disappointed with the ear pool. I didn't realize that the sprinklers would be alternating on for 5 minutes, off for much more than that. My daughter (23 months) seemed to just get into them and then they would be off for several minutes.

Mostly my daughter wanted to be out of the ear and into the other side of the pool, particularly because my 3 year old was in there and she didn't like being separated from her and watching her sister do something she couldn't. My 3 yr old came into the ear on occasion to play with her sister but left once the sprinklers were off.

One tip I noticed- some babies had a few water toys in there that might help keep kids occupied; also, we went first thing in the morning rather than mid morning or later in the day. It got much more crowded as the morning wore on and almost hard to find a spot sitting on the ear! But right after breakfast (i.e. 8:30 or so) it was almost always pretty empty.

I brought my 23-mth old daughter into visit a few times, sometimes while my 3 year old was in attendance and sometimes not. It never seemed to be an issue- I had heard from these boards that itwas ok so I just sort of indicated that we wanted to visit when we got there...the counselors never questioned it and just gave us a visitor sticker and sent us right ahead in. I don't know if it was b/c we had a child registered for the club or not, though.

vcnpierce said:
I know that kids still in diapers can not go into pools to swim - but are the water fountain "splash" areas by Mickey's pool good enough to keep a 2 year old happy? I know I won't be able to keep him out of the water for 7 days.

We are about to book a cruise and I am hesitant that maybe my son will not be able to participate in much. Another question is can I take my kids into the play area for a little while if I stay with them -? since neither one will be 3 years old.

Thank you.

Our son was 2 when we went, he was fine in the fountain for about 20-30 minutes before he tried to get into the Mickey pool, after that it was a battle.

But...on the 2nd day someone put a bunch of beach toys in the fountain area and they kept him, and a bunch of other kids happy for hours. So..I'd recommend bringing some toys, he kept filling up buckets of water in the fountains them dumping them on his feet (or my feet).

Parents are always welcome in the club. :) You can stay with your child if they are not three years old. Your 2 yo would probably enjoy the Mouskateer training activity. They march in a line, tap drum sticks together, learn to make Mickey ears (fists on top of their heads like his ears ;)), and give high 4s (Mickey has 4 fingers). After they do this Mickey comes in and leads them in a march then goes around & give each child a high 4. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter