Cruising to Alaska- question

Pinocchio #1 Fan

Believer in the power of Hakuna Matata!
So we are not leaving until September of 2012, but tonight we paid off the cruise, and we are gonna start looking into a hotel in Seattle. Anyone have any suggestions for a place to spend one night in Seattle, close to the port? We'd also like to know what pier the ship departs from. Any input from those who have taken DCL from Seattle would be awesome!
TIA!

DCL is sailing to Alaska out of Vancouver this year so you won't get much Seattle-specific info until next May.

We just returned from a cruise to Alaska on the Sapphire Princess and stayed at the Hyatt Place near the space needle...one of the best Hotels I have stayed at(free shuttle service within one mile of hotel)but a $15 taxi ride from pier 99...Cruising on the Dream in October:cool1:

We stayed 1 night in Seattle just a week ago at the Mayflower Park Hotel. Awesome hotel and we would definitely stay there again. They do offer cruise and stay packages. The rooms were very comfortable...beds were great and the staff was terrific.

I'll be on that cruise with you! :woohoo: My travel agent did some digging for me and found out that the ship will be sailing out of Pier 91. The two hotels that Disney is doing pre-cruise stays through are the Fairmont Olympic and the Sheraton Seattle so they have to be fairly close to the pier one would assume. If done through Disney, the Fairmont is $274 and the Sheraton is $214.

I'll be on that cruise with you! :woohoo: My travel agent did some digging for me and found out that the ship will be sailing out of Pier 91. The two hotels that Disney is doing pre-cruise stays through are the Fairmont Olympic and the Sheraton Seattle so they have to be fairly close to the pier one would assume. If done through Disney, the Fairmont is $274 and the Sheraton is $214.

If the Wonder will be sailing out of Pier 91, the two closest hotels are The Edgewater and the Seattle Marriott Waterfront. Both are very nice hotels. The Edgewater has some fun history attached to it and it is actually the only hotel in Seattle that is on the water.

The distance from the downtown hotels to the port is not that bad. You can walk from most of them, but a taxi would be much better. Both the Fairmont and the Sheraton are very nice hotels. The Fairmont is very historic. The Sheraton had a recent renovation with a new tower added. I have stayed there many times and I like it.

Please come early and spend some time in Seattle. It is a very nice city with a lot of things to do and see.

Enjoy your cruise next year!!!

We stayed 1 night in Seattle just a week ago at the Mayflower Park Hotel. Awesome hotel and we would definitely stay there again. They do offer cruise and stay packages. The rooms were very comfortable...beds were great and the staff was terrific.

My DH and I stayed there for a weekend away a few years ago and loved it. I would defintely stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter