• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising the Magic after the Fantasy

pwhitt1

Earning My Ears
Hi! We have been on the Disney Fantasy twice and absolutely loved it. We have a cruise booked on the Magic in November and we are worried the ship won't live up to the Fantasy. Has anyone gone on the new refurbished Magic after experiencing the Fantasy. Was the experience as nice as the Fantasy?

Hi! We have been on the Disney Fantasy twice and absolutely loved it. We have a cruise booked on the Magic in November and we are worried the ship won't live up to the Fantasy. Has anyone gone on the new refurbished Magic after experiencing the Fantasy. Was the experience as nice as the Fantasy?

we love cruising on all of the ships. Each ship is great in it's own way!

We cruised the Magic & Wonder many times before the Fantasy. Today if my family had the opportunity to cruise on the Magic again, I'm sure all of us would jump at the chance and love it. :)

Many cruises on all of them, prefer the Wonder and Magic over the Dream and Fantasy.

We've sailed all 4 and the Magic is our favourite. It's the smaller size that appeals.

Fantasy is a fantastic ship, now I have been on the a Magic eight times, not since the refurbishment but I do not think the enhancements change it too much anyway.

Any ship is good, I sail for the ports of call not the ship do it doesn't matter but each cruise is great.

I have been on Fantasy and Magic Refurb also. DS and I really liked both. Pools are bigger and slides better on Magic, but fewer places to sit on pool deck and deck set up is very disjointed. Lobby felt small/cramped compared to fantasy. Missed mid ship detective agency and miniature golf and Remy.

DS likes the kids club on magic better. I like shows better on Magic

Service and food are great on both. I don't think you will be disappointed.

We have done both ships. They each have there pluses and minuses. I prefer the Classic ships. The smaller size both in ship size and number of passengers make for a mre relaxing and slower pace cruise. You will find the day at CC to more enjoyable. They both have great entertainment and food. They both have excellent CM's and plenty of things to keep you busy. I do not believe you will be disappointed. It will be a little differnt experience.
Happy Cruising!:wave2:

We've done them both, in the opposite order. IMHO I think both ships are fabulous! I would give the nod to the Fantasy as the better ship all-around, mostly because of the plethora of activities and the excellent splash area for non potty trained kids. But I can't imagine you wouldn't have fun on the Magic. We've booked the Magic for next summer, and have no reservations about sailing her after the Fantasy.

I sailed on the Fantasy last June and recently attended an agent education program on the reimagined Magic. Both ships were at capacity when I sailed. At first, the smaller size of the lobby and elevators bothered me, but I got over it really quickly. You do not get that expansive feel that you do on the Fantasy BUT it is a lot quicker to get from one place to another on the Magic. Overall there are fewer people, so everything just feels less crowded. Castaway Cay seemed empty in comparison! The Magic felt more cozy in a good way. I loved Carioca's and I actually preferred Animators Palate on the Magic. I did miss Enchanted Garden because it is my favorite restaurant on the Fantasy.

Yes, it is missing a few things that the Fantasy has but I would not hesitate to sail on the Magic again!

I think Pirate night on the Magic is better than Pirate night on the Fantasy. I also like that there's a character breakfast on the 7-day Magic. And, (even though I get all bummed and teary-eyed) I love the way the dining team says 'good-bye' with the flag parade in the MDRs (on the Magic.)

I think Pirate night on the Magic is better than Pirate night on the Fantasy. I also like that there's a character breakfast on the 7-day Magic. And, (even though I get all bummed and teary-eyed) I love the way the dining team says 'good-bye' with the flag parade in the MDRs (on the Magic.)

Do they still have the Friendship Rocks show?

Keep the responses coming please, we have also only cruised on the fantasy x2 and the dream and are booked on the magic next January!

-I was wondering if they still did the character breakfast
-and the free tea with (insert princess name)
-They still have shuffleboard like the fantasy
-the sports deck has fooseball
-ogills has board games
-the slides look AWSOME on the magic!

We did this last year. September on fantasy and November on magic. It was great. Ok I don't think anything surpasses the fantasy. She's a true beauty. But we loved the magic. Keys is great and the ogills is huuuuge. Bigger than the one on the fantasy. So it's fun on both. You'll have a great time, I'm sure. :)

We prefer the Magic, hands down. We've cruised the Magic 4 times, The Dream once, last Fall. Although the Dream was beautiful, it was too crowded. All other cruises on the Magic, we never felt that way. My husband made the comment "I think we'll stick with the classic ships". The Cast Members on the Magic were way more personable, because they had time to be. They were not stretched to please so many people. The Magic felt like home, the atmosphere was fabulous, and we preferred the show in Animator's Palate on the Magic over the one on the Dream.

There are plenty of people on these boards who will say the exact opposite - that the classic ships feel more crowded because of much less space in public areas - YRMV

There are plenty of people on these boards who will say the exact opposite - that the classic ships feel more crowded because of much less space in public areas - YRMV

Yeah... I'm always so surprised when I hear people say the classic ships feel less crowded. I felt *MUCH* less crowded on the Fantasy than the Magic, particularly on deck but really all over the ship. There really was no comparison... I wonder if it really has more to do with the dates and types of sailings you do. While both of the cruises I took sailed full, when I cruised the magic there was a KSF promo so it's possible that one had many more 3rd, 4th, and 5th passengers making the ship more crowded. Likewise, when people travel with kids they're probably less likely to hang out in their staterooms as much, making the public areas of the ship more crowded... just a guess...

From what I recall, the Fantasy felt more crowded in the atrium and checking in and out of kids clubs. The great thing was staying on the ship at port. We only got off at CC and having that huge ship to ourselves was great!

I would imagine with a KSF promo ANY ship would fel more crowded.

We prefer the Magic, hands down. We've cruised the Magic 4 times, The Dream once, last Fall. Although the Dream was beautiful, it was too crowded. All other cruises on the Magic, we never felt that way. My husband made the comment "I think we'll stick with the classic ships". The Cast Members on the Magic were way more personable, because they had time to be. They were not stretched to please so many people. The Magic felt like home, the atmosphere was fabulous, and we preferred the show in Animator's Palate on the Magic over the one on the Dream.

Have u been on the fantasy though? It's quite lovely and better than the dream, at least I think so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter