Cruising The Canal May 1, 2015 (Roll Call in Post 1)

Hi :wave2: I would love to get in on the group rate at the Doubletree! I will send a PM with our names to you as soon as I post this. :) P.S. I see that you will be flying BOS to FLL. We will, too. Which airline do you use? We prefer JetBlue, but will go with Delta or AA, whoever has the best times and airfares when we book.

Try JetBlue from Worcester to Ft Lauderdale. Tix are ~$80 pp. We take JetBlue from Long Beach to Boston at the end of the cruise. ~$100 less than going from San Diego. Worcester is so cheap, we used to drive to Providence for Southwest!

Thanks for ALL of the DT PMs. We have over fifteen rooms and I've submitted a request to lower the rate. I am awaiting the response. The bus is expensive, still working on that. We need a BIG bus:banana:

happy 1st day of Summer! 314 days until embarkation!

I have info. from everyone who sent a PM, no need to resend.

I won't be able to make changes to the group proposal after it's submitted.

THE DOUBLETREE GROUP IS NOT FULL.

DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 7/15/2014.

We have seventeen rooms in this group now, anyone else is welcome :)

Hi there. Please add us to the roster for this cruise. Hubby (Sean) and I (Becky) will be booking this cruise in November when we are on the Dream. This is our second time through the canal; the first time was EBPC in 2008. It was the best cruise ever! (sad we aren't going to CC though)

Hi Brixton:

I sent you a PM a little while ago, asking to be removed from the Doubletree reservation because my brother booked a hotel for us using his Marriott Rewards points, so it won't cost us a penny.

Thank you for handling all of this, and I'm sorry for the trouble. :flower3:

Hi there. Please add us to the roster for this cruise. Hubby (Sean) and I (Becky) will be booking this cruise in November when we are on the Dream. This is our second time through the canal; the first time was EBPC in 2008. It was the best cruise ever! (sad we aren't going to CC though)

Welcome

Hi! I sent a PM the first day but I am not sure if it went through. I want to be sure we are in the group! Thanks!

Hi,

We are jumping onboard and will be celebrating DH's 50th birthday during the cruise. Looking forward to this trip. Please add us to the roll call.

Melisa & Mike
:beach:

Hi and welcome. Have added you to the roll call :)

Hi Becky, I am excited that we will be sailing with you again and am also sad that we don't get a Castaway Cay stop. Have added you to the roll call :)

Welcome to all who joined the group:yay:

It's hot and muggy up here today, an excellent predictor of cruise weather:)

FYI - I have all PMs, changes, updates, cancellations, and additions to the DT hotel list. Please let me know before 7/15 if you'd like to join us.

Enjoy your day, fellow DISers:cool1:

Hi all,

We just moved our October 2015 Panama Canal reservation over to this cruise.

It will be myself (52), wife (46) , and daughter (7).

I haven't read through the thread as of yet - we literally just received our confirmation back from our TA. We'd be interested in an FE exchange if there is one going on.

Also, we don't do anything on Facebook, so are hoping we can get all of our information here.

Thanks, and look forward to cruising with you all.

Hi and welcome.
You'll find information concerning FE in post 5, ravensilverlight is the organizer.

There are already quite a few pages to read, but there are a few different things going on, like a dedicated American girl FE, hotel group rates and so on, so if you have a quiet moment it might be an interested read.

In my experience, every important info from the facebook group, like FE or hotel stuff is always posted here as well, don't worry :goodvibes.

Hi all,

We just moved our October 2015 Panama Canal reservation over to this cruise.

It will be myself (52), wife (46) , and daughter (7).

I haven't read through the thread as of yet - we literally just received our confirmation back from our TA. We'd be interested in an FE exchange if there is one going on.

Also, we don't do anything on Facebook, so are hoping we can get all of our information here.

Thanks, and look forward to cruising with you all.
We are so excited by this news! :banana: These folks were our table mates on last year's EBTA and we've wanted to cruise with them again since. :welcome:

We are so excited by this news! :banana: These folks were our table mates on last year's EBTA and we've wanted to cruise with them again since. :welcome:

Isn't it WONDERful to cruise again with awesome tablemates? Our kids think Lexa and crew should be on every cruise we take! Especially on long cruises, perfect tablemates make a difference.
Are all the SPH cabins in this group? Does anyone have SPH cabin experience? I am thinking of moving to one without SPH.

Hi guys!

I'm not going on this cruise butttt was wondering if anyone has taken the Panama Canal cruise before with disney?! My Fiancé and I will be sailing with captain Mickey through the Caribbean for our honeymoon but wanted to book the Panama Canal on our honeymoon for the early booking discount.. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated as I have heard that you chose another cruise line for this particular itinerary!

Thanks guys!!!

SO we are hoping to get on the Sept Cruise and if not we will be doing this one, so thought I would say HI!
My husband Brian and I are hoping to go on this cruise. we did the December 2012 cruise and had a great time.
My parents and Aunt are also hoping to go with us.

Hi guys!

I'm not going on this cruise butttt was wondering if anyone has taken the Panama Canal cruise before with disney?! My Fiancé and I will be sailing with captain Mickey through the Caribbean for our honeymoon but wanted to book the Panama Canal on our honeymoon for the early booking discount.. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated as I have heard that you chose another cruise line for this particular itinerary!

Thanks guys!!!

Hi,

There are some interesting trip reports from the recent PC cruise from dolphingirl (in the UK trip reports section), Flossbolna and ShakeyShakey (both in the cruise trip reports section), maybe reading them will help you with your decision.

Hi guys!

Thanks guys!!!

I sailed the PC with DCL in 2008, and it was the best cruise ever. Ship always had something going on during sea day, entertainment was awesome, and you had time to really get to know the ship.

Thank you mimmi and minneyandmickey

I will definitely check out the cruise reports before I book!! Thank you minneyandmickey for your input!! I always love hearing how great DCL is because well it's disney and we ALL love disney!! ;)

Hi guys! I'm not going on this cruise butttt was wondering if anyone has taken the Panama Canal cruise before with disney?! My Fiancé and I will be sailing with captain Mickey through the Caribbean for our honeymoon but wanted to book the Panama Canal on our honeymoon for the early booking discount.. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated as I have heard that you chose another cruise line for this particular itinerary! Thanks guys!!!
All I can say about cruising the canal with DCL is this: certain have done all 5 Westbound transits they have done. Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

pixiedust:HELLO FE PARTICIPANTSpixiedust:

I have just sent an interim update to everyone on the list. If you haven't received an email (or, in one or two cases, a PM here on the DIS) from me in the next few minutes, please let me know so I can try to figure out why I missed you!

Isn't it WONDERful to cruise again with awesome tablemates? Our kids think Lexa and crew should be on every cruise we take! Especially on long cruises, perfect tablemates make a difference.
Are all the SPH cabins in this group? Does anyone have SPH cabin experience? I am thinking of moving to one without SPH.
Yes! We have linked our dining with another couple from last year's EBTA (that we didn't sit with) and will also link the folks we sat with last year and it just makes it all seem even more exciting. Getting to see old friends while doing something magical.

We stayed in one of the SPH rooms on the Wonder for a MR cruise and loved it. Lots of fun to have a porthole without paying for one :goodvibes. I think Viking53 was hoping to snag one and they were all taken already. They had one, I believe, on last year's EBTA.

We'll be in a 10C, so no porthole for us. :coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter