Cruising The Canal May 1, 2015 (Roll Call in Post 1)

Hmm. My daughter has a Maplelea girl which (who?) is Canadian. Same size as American Girl except, oddly, the feet. This is something I would consider. It might be a hassle to bring the doll on the flights from Canada. But maybe worth it? I don't know how many more years of doll-play are left, should make the most of it! (*sniff*). She will be ten.
My daughter will definitely bring hers. She discovered the brand on our last cruise (as, of course, it's totally unknown in Austria) and bought a doll in Chicago last year. Now I keep facing the challenge to get my hands on gift cards for occasions like christmas, easter and birthdays :crazy2:, all my friends who go on business trips to the US are involved in this challenge. I guess we will have to visit the Miami store on the day before the cruise (my husband will be delighted :rolleyes1)
Yes, my daughter has brought one of "the girls" on our last few vacations, including our Magic voyage last year. I am sure she will do it again! No idea how we'd survive 2 weeks without!
Yes, my daughter has brought one of "the girls" on our last few vacations, including our Magic voyage last year. I am sure she will do it again! No idea how we'd survive 2 weeks without!
I'm am so excited to hear that other little ones will be bringing their AG (or similar) dolls. Here is my FE idea...let me know what you think :). We could do 13 "dolls" in the group so that a present is delivered everyday. I was thinking it would be great to be assigned days and items. I can make a list and everyone can choose what they'd like to make/share/bring. It will be a small FE group so we'll be able to focus and really WOW our daughters :) Here is the list of days/ideas I have so far - UPDATED JUNE 2, 2014 - 2 spots left!! 1. Girl/Doll coordinating necklaces TAKEN
2. Girl/Doll coordinating bows TAKEN
3. Blanket or sleeping bag TAKEN
4. Pillow TAKEN
5. Nightgowns TAKEN
6.??
7. Scavenger Hunt TAKEN
8. Outfit TAKEN
9. Bathing suit TAKEN
10. Beach Towel TAKEN
11. Play "disney" food (I saw some ADORABLE Mickey bars and waffles on etsy) TAKEN
12. Doll/me photo book TAKEN
13. ???
I will get everyone's doll names in case you'd like to personalize your gifts and any special needs - ie bigger feet, 15" bitty twin vs 18" AG doll. What does everyone think? I will only coordinate 1 group so basically the first 13 dolls to sign up will be in! I have an Etsy site and would LOVE to be responsible for the bows and necklaces :)

I would be interested in joining, if you set up a FE. Please let me know. I could make patchwork quilts with disney themes.

Krissy Tran, daughter Kira 8yo

I'd be interested in learning more about an AG FE. Our girls have never brought their dolls on vacation, but it sounds like a cute idea:thumbsup2 Also, if the is an AG theme, it might be fun to create a scavenger hunt for the girls and their dolls...a Disney Doll Adventure???

Does anyone know how many kids in this group? (I suppose I can go to roll call and count them)

My daughter would LOVE to bring her AG doll and do a FE exchange for the dolls too!!! Great idea!!!!!!

I would be interested in joining, if you set up a FE. Please let me know. I could make patchwork quilts with disney themes. Krissy Tran, daughter Kira 8yo
I'd be interested in learning more about an AG FE. Our girls have never brought their dolls on vacation, but it sounds like a cute idea:thumbsup2 Also, if the is an AG theme, it might be fun to create a scavenger hunt for the girls and their dolls...a Disney Doll Adventure??? Does anyone know how many kids in this group? (I suppose I can go to roll call and count them)
My daughter would LOVE to bring her AG doll and do a FE exchange for the dolls too!!! Great idea!!!!!!

I'm excited that Krissy and Janice are in! 4 spots filled, 9 still available. Brixton if and when you'd like to officially join just let me know.
Krissy I'll put you down for the blanket, Disney patchwork quilts sound adorable!!
Janice I'll put you down for swimsuits.

Brixton an AG scavenger sounds so fun! My girls are not going to want to come back home after all the fun they're going to have :)

I will get everyone's doll names in case you'd like to personalize your gifts and any special needs - ie bigger feet, 15" bitty twin vs 18" AG doll. What does everyone think? I will only coordinate 1 group so basically the first 13 dolls to sign up will be in! I have an Etsy site and would LOVE to be responsible for the bows and necklaces :)

Count us in with the Canadian Maplelea doll! My daughter will love this FE! Will send info soon.

Count us in, too. I saw your post yesterday and planned on reading it s-l-o-w-l-y
during the weekend :rotfl:.
I'm not sure yet, what I'll have to do but as I have one year to figure it out, I'm feeling up to the challenge.
Bummer, that I can't tell my daughter about it. She would be super excited about an AG FE but doesn't know about the cruise, yet.

Count us in with the Canadian Maplelea doll! My daughter will love this FE! Will send info soon.
Count us in, too. I saw your post yesterday and planned on reading it s-l-o-w-l-y during the weekend :rotfl:. I'm not sure yet, what I'll have to do but as I have one year to figure it out, I'm feeling up to the challenge. Bummer, that I can't tell my daughter about it. She would be super excited about an AG FE but doesn't know about the cruise, yet.
Great! Wildeyed and Mimmi I'll put you on the list! 4 spots left. Here is the list of items still available to choose from. There is also one "gift" spot left open if anyone has any ideas.

1. Girl/doll coordinating necklaces TAKEN
2. Girl/Doll coordinating bows TAKEN
3. Blanket or sleeping bag TAKEN
4. Pillow TAKEN
5. PJs
6. Slippers (3-6will be SO fun for the overnight kids club slumber party!!)
7. Scavenger Hunt TAKEN
8. Outfit
9. swimsuit TAKEN
10. Beach Towel/sunglasses/beach bag TAKEN 11. Play "disney" food (I saw some ADORABLE Mickey bars and waffles on etsy) TAKEN
12. Doll/me photo book TAKEN
13.??
Just let me know what you'd like and I'll mark it as TAKEN :)

Hi All, :wave2:

We just booked this cruise (upgraded from b2b out of San Diego) and are sooo excited!!

We have two rooms for my DH, myself, our twin DDs (9), and a family friend. Deck 2, main dining. This will be Disney cruise #5 (Mexico, Alaska, Bahamas (2)) for us and we are excited to finally be Gold! :)

Also worried about school for my girls and crossing my fingers the teachers will help us with providing assignments.

I requested to be added to Facebook and would love to be part of the FE as well. :)

Looks like a great group!

Great! Wildeyed and Mimmi I'll put you on the list! 7 spots left. Here is the list of items still available to choose from. There is also one "gift" spot left open if anyone has any ideas. 1. Girl/doll coordinating necklaces TAKEN 2. Girl/Doll coordinating bows TAKEN 3. Blanket or sleeping bag TAKEN 4. Pillow TAKEN 5. PJs 7. Slippers (3-7 will be SO fun for the overnight kids club slumber party!!) 8. Outfit 9. swimsuit TAKEN 10. Beach Towel/sunglasses/beach bag TAKEN 11. Play "disney" food (I saw some ADORABLE Mickey bars and waffles on etsy) 12. Doll/me photo book to use after the cruise for all of the great photos our daughters will have 13.?? Just let me know what you'd like and I'll mark it as TAKEN :)

We are in too!
I will do something for the food one! My daughter will be so excited!

:yay:Yay! Our tablemates have arrived! My kids are SOOOO excited to see Lexa and her family! I am excited, too, especially since we've had to cancel the last two PC Cruises!:yay:

Welcome to all who've joined the group, it's going to be a great cruise :)

Re: Shore Excursion Ideas...
Like Alan, I don't get off the ship. However, my DH and DDs will go to Las Caletas in PV, Las Americas in Colombia, and the ruins (on their own) in Cozumel. By the time we get to Cabo, we are sad it's almost over so we hang around the pool - usually with frosty beverages:)

358 days 'til Miami

This one will one of the best cruises....we were really lucky last time, got paired with our wonderful tablemates and we will sit with them again. Thank you Shelby to link our dinning!

As for port excursions....we had some great ones last time, mostly for our kiddos and I think we will repeat them. Specially ziplining adventure at Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta.

Hi all,
My wife and I are seriously thinking about joining you all on this adventure. Once I can figure out if the airfare knocks it out of the budget or not. Any tricks? Since these are 2 one ways seems VERY expensive. Philly --> Miami the SD--> Philly

Hi all, My wife and I are seriously thinking about joining you all on this adventure. Once I can figure out if the airfare knocks it out of the budget or not. Any tricks? Since these are 2 one ways seems VERY expensive. Philly --> Miami the SD--> Philly
Hi, somewhere near neighbor! This will be mine and DH's second PC out of Miami and I know all of us on the thread hope you'll join our crew!

We found that it can be daunting to look at airfares, but with a little flexibility it can be done. Try looking at flights into Fort Lauderdale, for instance. Southwest is our favorite airline (Can't beat the free baggage, especially when you're packing for two weeks!) and they don't fly into Miami at all!

We actually are close enough that we look at flights into and out of Newark, Philly, and Atlantic City. Prices can vary greatly! If not leaving your car at the airport, and it's an option for you like it is for us, consider using a different airport on one leg! Last year we did Philly to Ft. Lauderdale and returned LA to Newark. It can be done!

One last piece of advice: BOOK now. Even if it's just a dream at this point. Lock in the rate and put down a deposit...prices WILL go up the longer you wait. You can always move the deposit to another sailing or cancel it altogether, but you can't guarantee the price you see today will still be there tomorrow! It's likely this sailing will have *GT rates, but by no means is that for sure. So don't wait for the increase!

Hi all,
My wife and I are seriously thinking about joining you all on this adventure. Once I can figure out if the airfare knocks it out of the budget or not. Any tricks? Since these are 2 one ways seems VERY expensive. Philly --> Miami the SD--> Philly

If you can fly Southwest, they don't seem to charge any differently for one way flights vs. round trip, so the cost should not be as much of an issue.
That is one of the things that has discouraged us from doing a transatlantic is the one way flight to or from Europe is more than the cost of the cruise for the two of us.

Also, book your cruise now as the price will go up as the ship gets more booked.

Hi all, My wife and I are seriously thinking about joining you all on this adventure. Once I can figure out if the airfare knocks it out of the budget or not. Any tricks? Since these are 2 one ways seems VERY expensive. Philly --> Miami the SD--> Philly

I am seriously, geographically challenged, so won't even try to guess what all cities are near you; however, will give the trick we used last year. Book Allegiant into/out of Sanford (SFB). It is the northeast side of Orlando, but easy access to I-95 or Florida turnpike and was a quick and easy drive to Miami. We arrived a day early and zoomed down the road.

For 4 airfares, saved a lot of $$$$. They book one-ways like southwest; however, they DO try to nickel and dime you on everything else, including luggage charges. I just pack super light and do a load of laundry or two mid-week to save money. I don't accept any of their other "upgrade" fees like picking my seat or boarding early. Base rate is great for me!

We will be looking at them next year and probably do home to SFB and LAX to home. I will price shop, but Southwest airports are two hours from home for us at minimum.

Booked this morning. Well moved a dummy cruise to this cruise anyway. I am 99% sure we will keep it as it appears I can use miles to pay for one of the airline tickets so that will help a great deal.

Got the same stateroom as our Alaska trip!

We are Andrea and Joe from Mount Laurel, NJ. (outside Philly). We will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (although belated, because I messed up those reservations for August 2014, real anniversary date, and did not get the dog sitter before he booked up) and Andrea's birthday on board

Looking forward to catching up on the 19 pages of posts. I did also request being added to the Facebook page!

Looks like there are a lot of seasoned cruisers but happy to answer questions as well. We have been on 8 cruises with Disney, we have been on all 4 ships. Does a 2 week cruise count as 2 cruises??? I wish! We are slowly getting to Platinum status!

I haven't logged on here for about a month, so :welcome: to everyone who's joined us since I last dropped by!
Hi All, :wave2:

We just booked this cruise (upgraded from b2b out of San Diego) and are sooo excited!!

We have two rooms for my DH, myself, our twin DDs (9), and a family friend. Deck 2, main dining. This will be Disney cruise #5 (Mexico, Alaska, Bahamas (2)) for us and we are excited to finally be Gold! :)

Also worried about school for my girls and crossing my fingers the teachers will help us with providing assignments.

I requested to be added to Facebook and would love to be part of the FE as well. :)

Looks like a great group!
We also have twin DDs who are nine :goodvibes. Our girls will be ten when we sail. And it will also be our fifth DCL (Mexico x2, EBTA, Med). And I'm worried about the girls' school as well and just hoping it all works out well.

If you can fly Southwest, they don't seem to charge any differently for one way flights vs. round trip, so the cost should not be as much of an issue.
That is one of the things that has discouraged us from doing a transatlantic is the one way flight to or from Europe is more than the cost of the cruise for the two of us.

Also, book your cruise now as the price will go up as the ship gets more booked.
We did the EBTA and the first Med last year and the airfare was brutal. It was more than both cruise fares. Granted, the TA is cheap, but still, it was a lot. Doing the EBTA and airfare ends up costing more for us than doing the WBPC and airfare even though the cruise fare is significantly more expensive on the PC than on the TA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter