• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising on the Wonder Jan.29, 09

You guys planning a meet for EPCOT? If so... I'm in.
Just let me know the details!

Also - Shawn found out about the cruise!!! :sad1: I have details on my TR. But it's ok. Now I can talk to him about it and can stop telling him that I'm making stuff to sell on ebay (your FE gifts) :rotfl:

-nat

Are you going to join us at Epcot? I am finally getting excited about going since it is so close.

Gosh, I haven't read any posts in this thread since leaving the cruise behind.
Fill me in. I would love to meet you guys :)

Cool! I have not been to Epcot since the first year it opened, so have been lurking on the theme park boards to get an idea of the must do's there. Any recommendations? We have a reservation at Coral Reef for lunch.

Hi Iris! I can't believe it is almost time for our trip - you're right - the ship has filled up! Have a great time at WDW! :wizard:

Hi Beth,
I can't believe you've stayed away from Epcot. It has been my boys and DH's favorite park since they were 11 years old.
It's the park we visit most often to keep DH happy with beer in every country, heehee

I love Epcot. Test Track is awesome. DD17 loves MS (original one)
My fav though is the World Showcase.
I tease the kids and tell them that I am doing the drinking tour of the showcase. lol. A drinkie from each country. ;)
We love most of the Pavillions
I like Norway also. I collect Trolls , so I always go through the shop. Maelstorm is a fun ride.
Kids love the Japan Pavillion. Packi all around. I think they have plans to buy a ton of it.
The Morrocan pavillion is full of cool photo opps.
There are just a lot of cool nooks and cranies everywhere in the Showcase.

Does anyone else have ADRS for Epcot?
Since DH is along this time, we can't get too exotic so we'll be at Rose and Crown for dinner that day. We were hoping for Le Celliar but to no avail.

It sounds like we all need to plan a time that most of us can meet in Epcot. I don't have ADRs for much of anything this year. Chef Mickey's on Monday night is the only one I made! I usually have one per day but the family wasn't very interested in the food part this time. They seem to think they will have plenty to eat on the ship.

Guess what I got today?

A PIN CODE FOR 40%!!!! May be able to talk DH into going again later this year with that!

You guys planning a meet for EPCOT? If so... I'm in.
Just let me know the details!

Also - Shawn found out about the cruise!!! :sad1: I have details on my TR. But it's ok. Now I can talk to him about it and can stop telling him that I'm making stuff to sell on ebay (your FE gifts) :rotfl:

-nat

Well he had to find out eventually. lol. .. It was cool that you kept him in the dark for so long. How did he react?

Just a quick FYI for you fellow cruisers...it looks like FedEx came by today with our cruise docs...

It sounds like we all need to plan a time that most of us can meet in Epcot. I don't have ADRs for much of anything this year. Chef Mickey's on Monday night is the only one I made! I usually have one per day but the family wasn't very interested in the food part this time. They seem to think they will have plenty to eat on the ship.

Here's our land plans

25th-MK
26- MGM- only night that we are there that they have Fantasmic
27- Epcot
28- AK/the part of the day at MK or DTD. Whatever strikes our fancy
29-Chef Mickey's for breakfast then.. well you know:wizard:

I'm open to meet at Epcot on the 27th

AWESOME!!! :cool1: I want my cruise docs!!!

Shawn was very excited when he found out! It seems more real for me now also.
I think the travel channel has DCL on today at 3 or 4pm

-nat

It must be my day today. Just checked my reservation and saw that they moved our room. We are now 6040 so a Cat. 6!! Guessing they had a bunch of people booking the free kids and are moving all of us that paid more for our cruise.

Where did you find that your travel docs have been sent out? I can't find that and I am too lazy to look much longer.

It must be my day today. Just checked my reservation and saw that they moved our room. We are now 6040 so a Cat. 6!! Guessing they had a bunch of people booking the free kids and are moving all of us that paid more for our cruise.

Where did you find that your travel docs have been sent out? I can't find that and I am too lazy to look much longer.

We got ours in the mail today so yours should be on there way! :) Congrats on the upgrade, that is always a nice surprise.

I've been moved also, although it's not an upgrade, still a cat 6.

My new cabin number is 7108. My husband's ex wife got moved again too, so they remain right next door to us.

The 3 cabins with our kids, none of them got upgrades either, one still in a cat 8 and two still in those cat 12's.

I'm still at work so don't know if I have any docs waiting at home for me.

We have no plans for while we are at WDW. I'm so not a planner and we do lots of park hopping. I know we are eating lunch at DHS on the 25th, AK for breakfast on the 26th, Epcot for lunch on the 27th, MK for dinner on the 28th and our last morning we are eating at Cape May since we are staying at BC anyway.

I've never been with a 4 year old so I had no idea how to plan so decided to go with the "anti-plan". lol.

Do you guys know if a lot of people do the pin trading on the cruise. My daughter loved doing that everytime we were at Disney and I wondered if that is something very many do on the cruise. We will be at Disney one day before the cruise so she can do it there if she wants to also.
Tina

Congrats on the upgrade... what cat did you book?

-nat

Hi guys!

Congrats on the upgrades! I can't believe you guys have your docs already! We haven't even gotten them for our 1/25 cruise yet! Hopefully today...

Nat, I'm sorry Shawn found out about the surprise...but like you said now you have someone to share in the excitement! I laughed when you told him you were making things to sell on ebay, because I had told my son the same thing when I was buying some stuff for the FE - I told him it was such a good deal I would be able to make some $ selling on ebay! (the FE's are a surprise for the kids)

Thanks for all the info on Epcot! We only get one day in the parks this year :eek: , so will be there on the 24th. We have an ADR for lunch - I will have to check the exact time - it's early I think. I'm a little concerned because I measured Jacob the other day and he is 39.5" and he and the kids really wanted to do Soarin, but you have to be 40" so it doesn't look like he will get on that :sad2: I'm feeding him a lot and hoping for a growth spurt in the next couple of weeks :laughing:

Renea, not sure if they have any organized pin trading times, but I have seen CM's outside of the restaurants and in the gift shop trading with guests.

Hey Candis - We got an onboard credit for the fuel surcharge - more $$ for shore excursions! :cool1: :cool1: Congrats everybody on the upgrades!

hm21999, is the extra adult in your cabin male or female? I've got things for the females that I don't think the males will want! LOL Did you have to ask for the credit on the fuel surcharge or did they automatically apply it?

Nat we booked a Cat. 9. The only bad thing is now my ILs are right next door to us rather than down the hall! DH really wanted them a little bit away from us but still close. Boys are excited about it though. LOL

Pakey I'm surprised that they didn't bump your two in the Cat. 12s out for someone paying less. Wonder if they will get surprise upgrades at port?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter