Cruising on the Wonder Jan.29, 09

I just noticed you are from Missouri? Where at? I went to college in Missouri, got my bachelor and masters at SW Missouri in Springfield.

I went to college at Drury for undergrad and then SMSU for grad. I live in Joplin now.

I think I might get time to read the boards now that birthdays and Christmas are over. I love this time of the year, but it is so busy. Just have our New Year's Eve party to do and then can get the house back under control.

On my 1/25 cruise meet board, we had somebody check in yesterday from the cruise prior (1/22) asking if everyone had gotten their room assignments yet - they are still waiting too & they are less than 4 weeks out! Maybe the longer it takes, the more chance you'll get an upgrade??

That was me!! I just got our assignment today - same cat we booked so no upgrade. At this point I'm just glad we have a room! Whew! Cutting it close - 3 weeks to go!!!

Help me! What types of things do we need for the fish extender gifts? Brain dead over here and needing to stay on a budget so DH doesn't murder me! LOL

I hope that I'm the right track with the fish Ext gifts. From what I've read it is "trinkets" and small gifts. Some are homemade . I hope that I'm right any ways.

I hope that the docs come soon. I have had our room number since we booked, but I just like the "something material " in my hands.
This should be a fun time. It is really wonderful to us that we are going aboard with people that we have been getting to know (on here). I hope that we all get to actually meet.

What a great start to 2009. :dance3:

Help me! What types of things do we need for the fish extender gifts? Brain dead over here and needing to stay on a budget so DH doesn't murder me! LOL

I made a gift for each family plus I'll be getting some sort of trinket for the kids and teenagers (not the same ones tho; can't imagine a teenager wanting same thing as a 2 year old. :rotfl: )

That was me!! I just got our assignment today - same cat we booked so no upgrade. At this point I'm just glad we have a room! Whew! Cutting it close - 3 weeks to go!!!

Too bad on the upgrade, but I'm glad you finally got your assignment!!

Nat, yours should be soon now...

Here is a thread which shows some FE gifts to give you some ideas - there are other threads out there on this but I can't find them right now - the search isn't working...:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1774643

We have another snowy day here in RI, can't wait for vacation!

Hey everybody Happy New Year!
We are getting really excited about the cruise!
I am doing the same as Pakey for FE gifts - one thing for the family that i am "making" and small things for the kiddos - should be a lot of fun!
I am trying not to stress and just enjoy the process at this point -
(Very hard for a Virgo not to overthink things :laughing: )
It has been interesting helping my DBF's mom pack - she hasnt traveled in 18 years and isnt really aware of all the travel restrictions now in place - security tackling the 68 yr old 5ft 3 in woman for carrying tweezers, nail clippers and little scissors in her purse is not my idea of a fun time - :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Happy new year, everyone!

I'm on the same cruise with my wife and 3-yr DD. This will be our first DCL and second overall. My DD is very excited about the cruise and asks me to play the DCL youtube clip all the time. We took advantage of the kids sail free promo and got a great deal.

How do you check whether your room is assigned?

Hi acegolfer and welcome to the dis and to this cruise thread.

You can find out if you have a cabin assignment by going to the disney cruise website, under my reservation, plug in your information and it will pull up your reservation.

Nat, one of our fellow cruisers, has been checking often and keeping us posted. I know when she posts that she has cabin assignment, it will be time for me to check on the assignments for my sons.

Wow! I havn't posted since last year!!

:welcome: acegolfer!

Pakey - It's good to hear someone can benefit from my craziness! :lmao: Still no room number!

-nat

Welcome acegolfer! :)

Happy New Year everyone! The first thing my DD said to me this morning when she woke up was that we now have 22 days until we leave for vacation! :banana:

Happy New Year to Everyone!!!!

Hello and welcome to the dis Acegolfer! :goodvibes

We told our ds and dn about the cruise yesterday - they had no idea in spite of a few conversational slip ups over the last few weeks :lmao:

Now it finally seems real since we can plan some things with them.:yay:

Hi Acegolfer!~
Welcome aboard!:flower3:

Been working on my fishextender today. It started off as a Mom/Daughter project with my 17 YO. HAHA...Guess who was abandoned..:rolleyes1
We also went out and got some more goodies for the exchange. DH thinks we are nuts.lol. He does'nt get it yet.
We are so ready to leave. Can't we start early? :cutie:

Hope that everyone is having a great 1st day 0f 2009.
My oldest and her DBF will come over for dinner later. roast chicken and veggies.

Hi Everyone!!
We will be joining all of you on this cruise! My family of 4 and my mom and my daughter's friend are going. The day the cruise leaves will be my daughter's 16th birthday. We are all so excited! I have a few questions that I cannot figure out. Does anyone know which night is Pirate's night for us....and how can I find out our dining rotation. I am trying to decide if I want to do Palo or not.
Thanks!!!
Tina

Hi Everyone!!
We will be joining all of you on this cruise! My family of 4 and my mom and my daughter's friend are going. The day the cruise leaves will be my daughter's 16th birthday. We are all so excited! I have a few questions that I cannot figure out. Does anyone know which night is Pirate's night for us....and how can I find out our dining rotation. I am trying to decide if I want to do Palo or not.
Thanks!!!
Tina
Hi Tina!
Welcome to the cruise!! What a great 16th birthday!!!:cool1:

I think pirate night is Friday, we booked Palo for that night at 7 so that we will be finished by party time. I don't think you will know your dining rotation until you board the ship, but I'm not an expert on this and I'm sure someone here may know for certain!
Jane

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
Looks like Shawn is getting laid off for the rest of January. No Biggie... we have planned for it. BUT - I need you guys to tell me ASAP when your docs arrive at your door!!! I have to be on the look out double time so that he doesn't get to them first!!!

For those of you who have cruised recently (samily) what date do you think we should start to see it? Just a guess. :confused3

-nat

Welcome acegolfer and reneab!!! :woohoo:
Nat - i work from home some days so i will keep my eyes peeled and post as soon as i get mine - I am in awe of your ability to keep this whole thing a secret - :worship: :worship: :worship:

Welcome Tina! Great way for your DD to spend a bday!

Nat, I just went back and looked at the meets thread from October - we were sailing 10/2 and it looks like around 9/10 people started posting that they got their docs - so about 3 weeks out. I'll let you know when we get ours for our 1/25 cruise, then you can be on the look out for this cruise.

Also wanted to mention to you, it looks like another person got their room assignment today for the 1/25 cruise though there is still one more family waiting for theirs.

Hope everyone is doing well - we are getting close!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter