• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising on the Disney Dream for Halloween 2014

BigDogHU75

DIS Veteran
Who will be joining me on the Disney Dream for Halloween 2014 (Oct. 31, 2014 - Nov. 3, 2014). It will be me, DH, and DS (7).

WELCOME FELLOW OCTOBER 31, 2014 HALLOWEEN DREAM CRUISERS

Getting to know all of you DISers before the cruise helps make the cruise more enjoyable.

MAGNETS
If anyone has requested magnets from DISigners or has created magnets specifically for this cruise and you would not mind sharing, please post a link to the magnets and I will post them here.

OUR FACEBOOK GROUP

FACEBOOK
We have a group on Facebook - the A Not So Scary Disney Dream Facebook group page. If you are on Facebook, please stop by and join us.

For those travelers with children who have a Facebook account, someone can create a Facebook group for them as well, if you want.

ROLL CALL

Arrgh Dream
BigDogHU75 sailing with DH, DS(7)
Disney52303
Huggups
MomsOf2boys sailing with DP, DS(22), & DS(18)

AND WE ARE FROM:

Connecticut
Disney52303

Maryland
BigDogHU75

STATEROOM ASSIGNMENTS

Please feel free to let me know your stateroom number. You never know who might be staying near you.

DECK 5

DECK 6

DECK 7

DECK 8

DECK 9

DECK 10

DECK 12
12506 & 12508 -MomsOf2boys & family

Pre & Post Cruise Stays

Pre-Cruise

Post-Cruise

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE SIGN-UP
______________ has volunteered to keep track of the people who would like to participate in the fish extender exchange list. There will be one group for both those who signed up on the Disboards and Facebook. Leslie will keep the list and send it out to or post it for everyone. If the list gets too big, Leslie will split the list. Deadline for signing up is ____________________. The deadline is set so those who are making homemade gifts will know how many to make it & those ordering gifts will know how many to order.

Participating in the Fish Extender Exchange is completely optional. Feel free to do or spend whatever you're comfortable with. As for the Fish Extender itself, some people buy them, others want to make theirs, whatever you choose is fine. The same rule applies to the "goodies"! You can buy or make them!

What is a fish extender exchange?
If you're not familiar with what a fish extender exchange is, check out these links:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

DIS MEET
One has not been scheduled. Is anyone interested in meeting while onboard? Let me know the date and time and I will post it here.

PORT CAMERAS
Some people like to view the Disney ships as they leave port. So, if anyone is interested in watching, here are the port cameras:

Port Canaveral Webcam
Two Palms Webcam
Ron Jon Resort Webcam
Cocoa Beach - Port Canaveral Webcam
Raddison's Webcam

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

When can I book excursions, reservations at Palo/Remy, and/or register the kids for the kids' clubs?

120 days before the sail date if you are a Platinum Castaway Club Member (sailed with DCL 10 or more times)
105 days before the sail date if you are a Gold Castaway Club Member (sailed with DCL 5 or more times)
90 days before the sail date if you are a Silver Castaway Club Member (sailed with DCL once before)
75 days before the sail date for everyone

Can I ship boxes to the ship ahead of the cruise? If so, how?
You are able to ship boxes to the ship before the cruise. So, if you have fish extender gifts or other things that you do not want to lug with you on the plan, then definitely ship a box ahead of time.
• ONE box per stateroom, no exceptions.
• The package must have the guest full name, ship, sailing date, stateroom number or GTY if you have not been assigned a stateroom number.
• The package also must have a packing slip attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. For prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient. Your list may or may not be read but it must have one. Write packing slip on the outside of the envelope.
• NO FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC.. Items that cannot be shipped to the Disney Cruise Line Warehouse and delivered to the ship include: food products (any and all food products including baby food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals, and luggage. These items will not be accepted at the warehouse and will be returned. This may cause the dogs to hit on your box and that would be a bad thing.
• The required size of the cartons you are shipping down have to be about the size of a record storage box 12 inches on a side and should not weigh more than 20 lbs.

Address your package(s) to:
Disney Cruise Line Warehouse
Guest Name / Stateroom # (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)
8633 Transport Drive
Orlando, FL 32832
Phone: 407-566-8196

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information:
ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING
*Name
*Sail Date
*Ship
*Stateroom Number
*Packing slip that details contents of the package (for prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient)
• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 7-Night Cruise.

If your box is hit on by the screening dog or chosen for additional screening they will open the list and the box and look through it. They will close it back up and provided nothing bad is in it then it will be in your room as usual later after boarding. These boxes will be coming on the ship with the crew mail among other things so they may be in the staterooms later then they were before as they are low priority in the scheme of things for Disney.

Whatever else you want me to add to this post last me know. I plan on keeping it updated. For example, if people are staying at a resort before and/or after the cruise, I can post it here. If people are interested in linked dining someone can spearhead that and I will post the names of those interested here. I can also post stateroom assignments. As I said, this thread is what you make it. Let the ideas flow. Let the chatting begin.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :cool1:

Have a great cruise!

The cruise date has changed from October 30 to October 31, 2014.

Hi. I am a newby here. Please forgive me. I just booked our first cruise. The Dream for October 31, 2014. So excited!!! Not sure how this forum works but we would appreciate any tips anyone is willing to share. Thanks!

Hi. I am a newby here. Please forgive me. I just booked our first cruise. The Dream for October 31, 2014. So excited!!! Not sure how this forum works but we would appreciate any tips anyone is willing to share. Thanks!

Welcome aboard! Just post and ask questions. We are here to get to know one another on this thread. Is this your first Disney cruise?

Welcome aboard! Just post and ask questions. We are here to get to know one another on this thread. Is this your first Disney cruise?

Thanks so much, Marsha! Yes, this is our very first cruise. So excited!!! :yay:
We originally planned to go the following week, but we were told that Nassau is being taken off many of the itineraries. My daughter desperately wants to do the dolphin excursion. Is anyone else here planning on skipping Nassau and staying on the ship?

I will be skipping Nassau and staying on the ship since we have visited Nassau twice before.

Hi, :wave2:My husband and I will be be sailing this cruise next year. I'm hoping since it is Halloween night that DCL will have a costume party planned.

We just booked today! There are 4 of us, my DP, DS 22, and DS 18. This is our 4th cruise, 2nd time on the Dream.

Hi, :wave2:My husband and I will be be sailing this cruise next year. I'm hoping since it is Halloween night that DCL will have a costume party planned.

:welcome: I'm sure DCL will have a costume party planned. They are having one on this year's Halloween cruise. I'm starting to look for costumes now.

We just booked today! There are 4 of us, my DP, DS 22, and DS 18. This is our 4th cruise, 2nd time on the Dream.

:welcome: This will be our second time on the Dream too and our 6th DCL cruise.

I can't believe I'm posting here :) I'm calling to book today! This will be our very first cruise!!!

Our first trip to WDW was in May 2011.. I'll be going back for my 5th trip this December, 6th time in June and 7th in October 2014 with the cruise following. Disney has changed my life, gave me a job (travel agent) and I just LOVE it! I can't wait to experience this part of Disney!!!

budafam said:
I can't believe I'm posting here :) I'm calling to book today! This will be our very first cruise!!!

Our first trip to WDW was in May 2011.. I'll be going back for my 5th trip this December, 6th time in June and 7th in October 2014 with the cruise following. Disney has changed my life, gave me a job (travel agent) and I just LOVE it! I can't wait to experience this part of Disney!!!

Welcome! You're going to love it!

This is my first post. My husband and I will be taking our first Disney Cruise Dream on October 31, 2014. :wave2:

We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.
pixiedust:

We are very new to cruising, but are very exicted:cool1:

Parr

Welcome Parr! How exciting to be going on your first cruise and that it's a Disney one! There is so much information on these boards but feel free to ask any question you may have. Are you going to the parks before or after the cruise?

We just booked this cruise yesterday :) Our 1st Disney Cruise. We are Dh, Myself, DD 9yrs and her Friend 12yrs. We are doing 2 nights before the Cruise at ASMo and then 11 nights after it at POR. Then on to Harry Potter :) We are so looking forward to this long trip !

I am interested in this Fish Extender and not sure how we sign up ??? I have a year to think of what to make and get it made :)

And we will celebrate my birthday while we are on the cruise too :)

Catrinabeach said:
We just booked this cruise yesterday :) Our 1st Disney Cruise. We are Dh, Myself, DD 9yrs and her Friend 12yrs. We are doing 2 nights before the Cruise at ASMo and then 11 nights after it at POR. Then on to Harry Potter :) We are so looking forward to this long trip !

I am interested in this Fish Extender and not sure how we sign up ??? I have a year to think of what to make and get it made :)

And we will celebrate my birthday while we are on the cruise too :)

Welcome! Ww also have a Facebook page that is a bit more active if you'd like to join.

If you have any questions let us know. Theres a couple repeat cruisers and a couple of TAs in the group.

I'm not sure if they have started the FE list yet or not. Room number and the info above should be all you need. Maybe allergies if any.

Have you cruised other lines?

We have done a RCC before and we are booked on a Carnival one in Jan :) But this is our first Disney one.

Catrinabeach said:
We have done a RCC before and we are booked on a Carnival one in Jan :) But this is our first Disney one.

Well I've only been on disney so I can't help with comparisons but I would love to hear your comparison after being on Disney.

Well I've only been on disney so I can't help with comparisons but I would love to hear your comparison after being on Disney.

I am hoping it is way different LOL We are paying way more :)

We have done an inside room on RCC, and this Jan we have an Oceanview booked on Carnival.

We got a fantastic deal on RCC. 2 cabins, 1 with 2 and 1 with 3. Paid $1000 for that cruise. It was 3 night I believe.

Carnival we have 3 cabins, 2 with 2 and 1 with 2. This time we are paying $ 2400. It is a 4 night

Our Disney one is just one cabin but we picked the Deluxe Family oversized Balcony cabin with 4 people. Paying $2400. For the 3 night :)

The price difference makes me hope Disney is way better :) But we loved RCC so we will love it no matter what.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter