Cruising on June 28trh

DizzyLaura - okay you're right. Maybe just a few shrimp? I'm too lazy to change my clock. We're not leaving now until Thursday morning 6:00 am. When I set it we were staying at the Poly before cruise. Now at AKL after cruise. It had better be good to make me miss watching fireworks from the Poly beach.

Is anyone else going to the "world" after our cruise?

I wish we were BUT our passes expired and I think that this year I might go in for the Universal deal. I know that I am going to be in pain because we usually do WDW about 4 times a year and I haven't been since last Nov/Dec. We stayed at AKL then and had a wonderful time. I have never stayed at the Poly so I don't know what you will be missing- but I can tell you- no fireworks! and no monorail!! We loved it though.
Hey Dizzy- I don't do desserts (gasp!) either. Actually it is mainly chocolate that I don't eat. I have been known to divert attection elsewhere to get the last piece of cheesecake!!!
See you all in 7 days- some I will see in 6:bounce:
Are you ready- get set-......

Stewblue- So sorry to hear about your MIL and the problem you are having as well. Don't worry we'll find a few handsome strong CM's to "carry" you to tea if necessary. I know the trip will be fine don't worry. You can sit onyour verandah with your leg propped and an umbrella drink.

Samsa- I see you are leaving soon. Enjoy your trip. See you soon.

I'm the one that is starting to pack and iron today. Oh joy.

I am going to WDW after the cruise for 5 days. We are staying at WL. We haven't stayed there before so were looking forward to it.
Callahanjulie-ok, I admit, I too enjoy the occassional cheesecake, and I certainly wont pass up creme brulee. However, I am trying so hard to lose weight right now that desserts are not an option!
My reward will be loosing a lot of weight. It will be at least another year, but I'll get there!
disneymom- I just started packing too. I tried to start earlier,but just couldn't get into it. Well now it feels right!

DizzyLaura
:tongue:

I am really enjoying watching everyone's countdown clock. We're down to less than a week!! Not only haven't I started packing, I haven"t really done any shopping. My summer vacation just started yesterday (schools in So. Ca. just let out). I guess I'll be busy this week. Is there anything I absolutely must get that hasn't been mentioned so far?

I'm looking forward to meeting everybody at the sail away party on deck 10.

The real countdown has begun. Today we begin to pack!! Went out last night - I vowed not to drink too much, eat too much or get home too late - oh well - I did all three. So in advance, I am blaming all my packing mistakes on the cheap wine that gave me such a headache! It is raining sooooo hard in Boston. I never thought I would be looking forward to this trip for the weather. Can't wait to see you all - I hope everyone is in good health!

DizzyLaura - WL huh? I have made up my mind that I'm going to do some resort hopping and WL is definitely on my list. My plan is to leave MK at about 1:00 pm (EE day) eat lunch at Kona, and visit WL and FW by boat!

I finished packing for DH and DD a couple of weeks ago! BUT I haven't packed for myself yet.
Platypus- I remember the 1st cruise we went on- when we got to CC I hadn't brought any flips or a bathing suit coverup to wear on the beach. I felt so self conscience and it is funny to look at the picture of me in my nightgown (used it as coverup) and barefooted! How embarrassing. Good luck.
As for Dizzy and Samsma- Please take me with you- I am missing WDW so much I am dreaming about it ;) Do you feel sorry for me? It is hard for my DD to grow up and not want to go to WDW for the first time since she was 4! She has opted for US/IOA and we won't be visiting until October. I hope you girls have a great time.
Se you soon:bounce:

Almost have all my stuff packed, about to head out and pick up some of the misc. stuff. Get my daughters things on Wednesday and finish everything up Thursday, I am sooo ready! See ya soon!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

samsma-Well, I am envious of you staying at AKL. That is actually our first choice, but I got lucky with Wl and it fit into our budget. Unfortunately AKL does not. Everyone seems to love AKL. You'll probably have a great time. Maybe I'll see you at WL. We are getting together with the family tomorrow to plan our itinerary. We've made a few PS's but havent really decided what to do each day. Can you believe that?
Callahan Julie-I know how you feel. This is only my second trip to WDW and we had to wait 5 years. I'm lucky in that i get to visit Disneyland a lot. (I'm in Northern Ca so its a short flight). However, wdw is such a treat.
I think we are all going to have the best time ever.

DizzyLaura
:tongue:

I wanted to stay at the Poly, but the kids and DH saw the Travel Channel Special on AKL and had to stay there. I'm sure its great, but a little far removed from everything. We stayed at OKW last time, and it was a major ordeal to get anywhere. I wanted to stay in the middle of the action. But I have heard that the AKL buses make very good time, since it has only one stop and doesn't share with any other resorts. That just goes to show you, no matter what you have you always want something else! The WL look very nice too. We like a kitchen on our long stays, and I'd love to get a look at the VWL for the next time. I wonder if they'll let me peek if I ask very nicely.

Well, I just finshed packing my daughter's and my suitcases... we fly out at 6am on Wed. ( we are suppose to be at the airport 2 hours early, but the don't actually open until 5am, so I guess I will plan to be there at 5!!!) I am just sooooooooo excited. the count down has really started to speed up. :eek: one more working day until we leave... :crazy: I took Tuesday off to do all the last min stuff. When is everyone getting to Florida (if you don't live there) and how long is everyone staying for after the cruise? :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I forgot to ask... I've never been to Florida... how are the bugs, do I need to bring some bug spray for misquitos? Thanks

Sorry to say that mosquitos are pretty nasty this time of year. It's all the standing water from the rains we get. I would definitely pack some repelent. If the mosquitos don't get you the no-see-ums do. And you don't know they bite you until a day or two later when it itches.

I'm down in Ft Lauderdale and have been to Orlando at least 4-5 times a year. Better safe than sorry!

Have a great time!:cool:

We have had some trouble in the past at the beaches, so I always bring bug stuff. I found some in a wipe form. They come in a container like a hand wipe. I thought this would be easier to pack and much less likely to leak. Hope this helps some of you.

Last time we went there were no bugs. However, from what I hear that was just luck! It was dry that year also!! Hopefully, it wont be so bad. We'll just have to wait and see.
Samsma-I've been wanting to check out the villas as well. We're hoping that the'll let us take a peek. I agree that it is great to have a kitchen. We just couldnt afford it this time. How long are you in WDW? 4 More Days!!!!!!

DizzyLaura

I just checked the NASA website, we might be in for a special treat! They have a lift off of the Mars Expolorer on the 28th no earlier than 11:56pm that night, we should still be close enough to see it or at least see it on the launching pad!!.

DizzyLaura - Going to be at AKL from the 5th to early on the 8th. We have a PS at Boma at 7:00 am on Tues. then back to Illinois:( you'll have to come over to check out the AKL! That's really cool about the Explorer. I was someday hoping to see a shuttle launch, but who knows now:(

Hey everyone - It may rain out our Dis Meet at the Sailaway. Do we need to made alternate plans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter