Cruising on June 28trh

Welcome Spanky! What dining do you have- main or late and where are you staying the night before the cruise?
We are having a DISboard meet portside on Deck 10 at the Sailaway Party! Hope to see you there...:Pinkbounc

Great minds must think alike Samsma! We must have posted at the same time!! BTW- I am hoping for the PLAPLAP rotation for dinner- that is what we usually get and it works out well with the formal/semi formal nights. See you in about 20 days or so!

This is our first cruise too(myself, husband, daughter 9 and son 5). We're feeling a little overwhelmed at all we need to remember to take with us. I'm sure we will have a great time and are looking forward to finally setting sail!

I believe that the magic is powered by engines so I guess technically rather than "setting sail" we "turn the crank, hoist anchor and power - up". Somehow that just doesn't have the same romantic sound to it as "setting sail".

Welcome to our slightly askew group. My current obession is to worry about whether or not the excursions we pre-booked will be there. My DH just shakes his head and keeps mumbling something about his wife needing to chill. :p

Before my first cruise I didn't sleep for a month. I am a little better know, but this is our first cruise with the kids. I'm just trying to get through the end of school madness. DD 12 has a project and 5 exams next week!! Has anyone had the dreams yet?? You're on the ship and you miss getting off on an island or you can't find your room. They'll be coming. I have found all the worrying is for nothing, but it does make the vacation that much nicer and remember there is a Target at Port Canaveral for those forgotten items. Deep breath everyone - it is almost time!!

I am usually the worried nervous type but not where cruising is concerned. I just blast Radio Disney while ironing and packing like a crazed lunatic for the few days before we leave. Everything works out just fine. I hope! :p

Stewblue- SLIGHTLY askew group- underestimated for sure :D

Ironing? ?? Surely you jest. I am quite sure that it was banned in the last treaty convention or found to be hazardous to human health in the latest scientific study -- or at least that is what I tell my family.

Rocking away to Disney Radio sounds like a wonderful way to get into the mood. I think that part of my worry is due to the family reunion "thing" and me being the eldest child. Such a truly awesome responsibility is difficult to bear. I keep telling my sisters they need to keep bringing me lots of those funny drinks with the cute umbrellas but they just don't listen. Oh well... guess I'll have to make the sacrifice and get them on my own.

I like the idea of sending critical clothes out to be pressed once on board ship. Let the pampering begin! :bounce:

You know, come to think about it, ironing has given me Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. I send all my DHs and my dining clothes to the cleaners and ask that they be bagges seperately. I heard that this is supposed to keep them from wrinkling as bad (the plastic bags). I pick it up tomorrow. I have packed my DDs bag, my formal evening bag, and my DHs bag. Mine will be closer to the time we leave.

Julma- when is school out in Mass? What grade is your DD completing? Mine DD will be 12 in Oct but just finished 5th grade. In FL she missed the cutoff by 1 month so she is almost 1 year older than some of her classmates!

See everyone soon. Keep the Disney tunes blasting!

I have a question! My daughter was asking if we will be having fireworks on the 4th? I told her knowing Disney, they will do something special! I hope I was correct, can anyone help me out on this one?

Thanks and look forward to talking more with you all before we set sail and hope to meet some of you as well.

Thanks

There was an earlier post that said that Disney was planning on some type of fireworks for the 4th. However, I don't believe there is anything official from Disney. It might be that since the 4th will be at Castaway Cay, Disney would be able to do a fireworks show on the island. Just speculation on my part.

We were assigned to the late seating but would like to eat at the earlier time. How do we go about changing?

Also, I have a 9yo daughter and a 5 1/2 yo son. I noticed others with children about the same age. Is there any time you are getting together early in the cruise so the kids will "know " someone to pal around with?

Many of you seem really knowledgable about DCL. Thanks for any info.

Platypus-
What I have alwasy done precruise- is let DD email with another child her age if possible.
If you are staying at the Raddison, we will be done by the pool Friday evening, eating pizzas and having cold drinks, if you around, please feel free to join us. There are 4 in my family - myself-34, DH-40, DD-11, and DDFriend-11.
We are also doing a DISmeet onboard- Deck 10 portside at the Sailaway Party! My family will be wearing denium DCL shirt and khakis- I will be wearing a red denium shirt with khakis- a DCL laynard with a lime green ribbon tied to it with a Alien green mickeyhead nametag that says Julie!

Texag87- We'll have white t-shirts with Mickey and friends on them. Also, it will say Eastern Magic cruise and our names(mine will also say Dis'er). Please join us. Do you have any children sailing with you? If so, what are their ages. Mine are DS20 and
DD14. Hope to see you there.

Stewblue- I must admit when I board I must have ironed clothes but as we sail it becomes a who really cares. I have sent out everything to the cleaners except the shorts and my new seersucker shirts. I bought them because I DON"T have to iron them and they got really wrinkled on the way home. I know you are going to say you iron shorts! Yep nuts! :p

Callahan- you are too organized and its making me nervous. Don't mention packing its frightening me. I am way behind what I had done last year. No stress life is too short. Must be calm and enjoy packing for the cruise. We are lucky to be going.

Have a nice day everyone.
Hi Samsma! How have you been? Don't say you are done packing or I'll just die. :D

Platypus - Good luck on switching your dining time. I have a boy 10 and a girl 4. Surely out of our big bunch, our kids will find a new buddy or two. We're staying at the Radisson too to get in some pool time before the cruise. This is getting to be quite a big Dis group!!!

Texag87 - how old are your kids?

Oh, and hi thedisneymom - I see you're here this morning too!

Wow -- gone a couple a days and we added a bunch of people! Great! I'm on late seating and wait-listed for early. If we end up on late, I'm just going to feed the kids somewhere else early and put them in the kids program at 8;30 -- no way they can wait to eat until then.

I'm bad at remembering names -- sorry -- but one of y'all have a shy 8 year old. My daughter, Celia is 8 and she is really good with kids who are on the shy side. We'll be on deck 10 for the Party, so lets be sure they meet. Once your daughter gets to know a couple people and gets comfortable, she'll do great.

I've started my packing list. Best idea I saw on the boards is to pack one of the collapseable hampers for laundry.

Does everyone bring juice boxes, water, etc? I thought it would be good for the room -- and save money.

The only Disney excursion we are doing is getting snorkeling equipment on Castway Cay. One the islands we'll do independently (I've been to St. Martin a bunch, St. thomas a couple times). Should I go ahead and book it?

Time to get realllllllllllly pumped!

Armyof6
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

callahanjulie10 - DD is in 6th grade (middle school). She will be 13 in Nov. The cut off here is September 1. She is on the older side for her grade. I'm glad 6th grade is over (hours of homework). You'll see next year, it's a tough grade, but it is great to watch them grow into young adults.

Hope everyone is enjoying making final preps!!! Can't wait to meet everyone.

We are first time cruisers and going also on the june 28th cruise. I also have never posted anything on a message board before, but am so glad that I have found this one. It has been very informative. How do I get to the site where I can print a navigator. That would be very helpful. If anyone has anything that would be helpful to know for first time cruisers I would appreciate all the info. We have 4 kids who are 15, 11, 7 and 5 going with us.

I am getting more and more excited as the time gets closer. I am a single dad and my daughter will be turning 9 before we cruise. This will be my 5th cruise and my daughters 1st. She is also very excited. Her grandparents, my parents will be traveling with us but being such an age difference between me and my parents and my daughter and I, we all have different things planned throughout the whole trip.
We are staying at the Hyatt Airport the night before.

Greetings everyone, My family of 5 from Southern California will be joining you, Myself (41) Wifey (?) DD (11) DS (8) DD (6) and Grandparents. The night before were staying at the Radiason and before that visiting Disneyworld, I’ve heard the meeting place is on Deck 10 so hope to see everyone there.

So long for now! Mark

Welcome rdy2cruise and socalmufasa!
Our group is growing every day now!!
Yeah! I finally got my documents. Everyone else was getting theirs. I waited an extra week. Then finally called my TA. Good thing I called, my docs were sitting there waiting for me. Guess I'll never use that service again!
Army of 6-- I'm the one with a shy 8 year old and I know that she'd love to get together with Celia. Please keep in mind that she's very slow to warm up. I told her that maybe she would find a friend and she was very excited.
RDY2cruise, you can find a navigator at www.dcltribute.com
It's getting closer!! I am so excited!

Dizzy Laura
:tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter