• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising March 12, 2005!!

Hi Everyone :wave2:

DisneyLisa...That is such a wonderful offer!! I will confirm if I will be taking you up on it by Wednesday. As long as it it not too much trouble for you. I can even send you the money prior to you leaving if I Fedex it..let me know!

jhb3569....If I am not mistaken I heard that there is a dispenser filled with BONINE outside the medical area on board. But I would rather you be safe than sorry taking my advise ! I would feel very guilty :sad2: if they did not have it readily available there. There is a corking charge ..I can look it up for you if you wish..why $25.00 rings a bell I am not too sure??? But again don't quote me on that!

We have been trying clothes on all weekend and now have a shopping list....and I LOVE shopping :banana: :banana:

Have a gr8 Sunday all...can't wait to meet everyone...

Off to swimming lessons for our son.

Vivian

I don't really have anything new to add, but I'm just so excited as the date gets closer. I am a little worried about the snow. We have had so much this year (including a new storm heading our way tomorrow) that I am worried that it will snow when we are supposed to be flying out. I'm 99% packed for me and the kids. My DH is on his own.

Looking forward to meeting all of you at "The Meet."

Oh oh...I'm in big trouble. As I posted yesterday, I tried the Bonine. Now I did have a short nap yesterday afternoon but I often do that if I have a chance so didn't think it was the Bonine. Well by 9pm last night I couldn't even keep my eyes open. :sad2: I headed to bed and didn't get up this morning 'til 10am. Even a tylenol makes me sleepy so I guess in return for not being sick I'm going to be sleeping the cruise away. :sad1:

Vivian...I don't mind picking up a name badge for you...I'm picking one up for another Ottawa DISer so it'll be no trouble at all. You can pay me on the cruise (or buy me a drink LOL) :drinking1 ...I'm not too worried about it. I'll just need the spelling of his name so I can be sure to get it right. If you can PM me by Friday that would be great (we leave Saturday AM). I'll also have my laptop with me & will be checking my email while at WDW and our Downtown Disney day is Tuesday (which is when I'll be picking it up) so just be sure to PM me by then.

lisamcd: Good luck with the snow storm...I sure hope it doesn't interfere with your flights. Sending you some PD for good weather. :wizard:

CBEB & jhb3569: Now we all know which rooms will be having all the fun. ;)

Less than 2 weeks! More snow up here in CT! Really need some sun. DisneyLisa, I heard from Nativeway once many days ago via email. I wrote back and said yes, def wanted to book it and I haven't heard back. I wrote again today to ask if we can reserve. So hopefully we will be on same excursion.
Looks like a lot of people are at the Hyatt the night before. My son has school as well, although I will have to sneak him out a couple of mins early to make our 5:30 PM flight. With all the snow we've been having lately, glad to be going down the night before. Sort of wish we were going to the parks for a few days too, but oh well!
Looking forward to our 3:00 meet? I read it was on the Promenade? Where is that? I've been on the Wonder but not the Magic, so I don't know
pirate:
LDinCT

ldinCT said:
DisneyLisa, I heard from Nativeway once many days ago via email. I wrote back and said yes, def wanted to book it and I haven't heard back. I wrote again today to ask if we can reserve. So hopefully we will be on same excursion.
It took her a few days to get back to me to confirm our ressie as well. I did the same as you, emailed her with some questions then again to say I wanted to book it. Each time it took a few days to hear back so hopefully you'll hear soon. It'll be nice to know someone on the excursion...I'm really looking forward to it. :) See you on the promenade at 3pm...I have no idea where it is either but I'm sure it won't be hard to find. :)

FYI

The Meet is in the Promenade Lounge, which is on the 4th floor (I think, better check your map). It is a little lounge that has big porthole windows on one side and a bar/cocktail seating area. It's a great spot for ending the night, DH and I would stop in, listen to the entertainment and grab a nightcap to bring back to the room with us.

See you there! ;)

I am still struggling with where to go in Cozumel, Paradise Beach or Mr. Sanchos. Anyone else debating either of these?

HI there,

We have been to Mr. Sanchos and liked it..however Paradise sounds like lots of fun...but from the reviews I get the feeling it is crowded. I had two links that I will research and provide to you, it gives you an overall review of the beaches in Cozumel. There was another beach that I also was interested in. Cannot remember the name at this moment when I get back from work I will post once again..

Sorry not a very helpful post for you.
have a gr8 day ..10 more sleeps everyone :cool1:

LDinCT: Sharon from Nativeway called this morning for my CC and I mentioned that there was someone on our cruise waiting to hear back from her...didn't know your name but she said she'd check her emails. I hope you have heard (will hear) back from her. :)

DisneyLisa- reached NativeWay and they have confirmed Res, they just need to call me to get cc. So, we'll see you there. This is the only excursion we've booked and am looking forward to it.

Wine- always bring a couple of bottles in a padded wine bag. You can buy these at larger liquor stores. I prefer to bring my own and pay the corkage fee. If you don't finish it they save it for the next night. I'm hoping DH who is not coming with us will let me borrow his wheelie wine bag. I had a bad incident several years ago on American with some red wine. Needless to say the next flight was delayed a couple of minutes while they cleaned up my mess, how embarassing! So I am more careful now.

Can't wait for 3/12- we've had 3 snow storms in the last week and are expecting at least one more.
See everyone at 3 PM>
pirate:

Just must reiterate what I have seen over and over again on these boards - Shirley (The Perfect Gift) is just so wonderful!!! Thank you so much Shirley!!

Have you guys started packing? I'm scared. I always pack too much!! See you all soon. We're in single digits :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

newcruiser05: I've just re-read this entire thread from start to finish & realized your DD asked a question about Dolphins a few pages back and no-one replied. I just want to apologize to her as I think we all just got caught up in other discussions (receiving documents, etc.) and missed her posts :confused3 ...please tell her that we didn't mean to ignore her.

We leave in 2 days...can you tell I'm excited...it's 7am and I'm up and on the computer...just can't sleep...too hyper :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

DisneyLisa...Hope you have a safe trip tomorrow. I am sure you are very anxious!!

If the offer is still open I will take you up on the Guest of Honor badge and will pay you when we meet.

Can't believe it is fast approaching!

I will try to make a sign to indicate the spot to meet.

Can't wait to meet you all,
Vivian

First my usual weather forecast:​

:cold: Today in Philadelphia is barely peaked above 30 deg. :cold:
:sunny: Tomorrow in Cozumel is will be 84 deg. :sunny:

Well we have all our clothes, now the big question is can we fit it in the suitcases. It looks like we have enough clothes for a month.

We can't wait to get out of the cold and into a warm Caribbean sunshine. We still need to pick up some wine :drinking1 and some last minute items, but we are just getting excited about the flight down.

For those staying at the Hyatt (or anyone else arriving on Friday evening) the first bus leaves MCO at 10AM. We are shooting for that bus. We want to get in line early, so we can book our Spa and Palo's reservation. We'll split up when we get in line.

See you in the Promanade at 3PM.

DisneyLisa, I think someone actually did answer my DD and give her info on DolphinDiscovery. Thanks for thinking of her though!!

I packed my stuff on Sunday - just have a few little things left to do. Easy to pack since I really have NO need for shorts and swimsuits here in our 18 degree weather!!!

Still have to pack for the kids. DH is on his own.

Can't wait to meet up - I am so excited. Had a panic attack the other day thinking about the life boat drill - I wish I had not seen Titanic ever in my life. It is stupid I know but the fear is still there!!! What time is the drill - 4? Can I have a few glasses of wine in me by then??????

For the sail off party - do they supply the streamers, confetti, or whatever? Do I need to bring anything???

Anyone know the movies yet? What number do we call?

See you soon!!!

Here is a list of everyone who has posted to this board for the March 12 Western Cruise at one time or another:

Erminda
AKB
Vivig
DisneyLisa
Grumbo
PeachyK
Disneywithkids
lisamacd
LisaTex
CBEB
garytam
DrBob
newcruiser05
kmt1
TheBrechun's
IdinCT
jhb3569
Scubadad

Hope to see you all on the 12th!!!

Don't forget to bring something GREEN for St Patty's Day.

I just called to ask what movies are showing and he gave me the following list and said these are possible movies on our cruise:

Around the World in 80 Days
Brother Bear
Finding Nemo
Ice Princess
The Incredibles
Ladder 49
Mr. 3000
Mary Poppins
National Treasure
The Pacifier
Pirates of the Caribbean
Huffalump
Princess Diaries

Thats the list he gave me - think I will try to catch the new ones: Ice Princess, The Pacifier and Huffalump but still have not see National Treasure nor Mr. 3000.

Julie

Thanks for all the information on the movies and the DIS people, newcruiser05. Have you checked out some of the other Cruise Meet Dates....some of them have "a gazillion" different posters. It will be nice to meet you in such a comparatively short time now. :hourglass

Thanks for taking the time to create this listing newcruiser05!!!

It will come handy when we all meet!

To try to respond to your questions below....I don't re-call them providing anything for the sailaway party. We had brought our own bubbles the first time around..and the 2nd time we were at the sail off party and did not realise we had pushed off since we were having fun in the crowd.

In regards to movies I do not have the answer to help you...perhaps to post on the main board to see what they are currently showing on board.

Have a gr8 weekend,
Vivian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter