Cruising March 12, 2005!!

Hi newcruiser05daughter :wave2: My 8 y/o nephew and I had such a great time "swimming with the dolphins" a few years ago that we are going to do it again. There is a great website where you can see what it is all about. www.dolphindiscovery.com i think. :hourglass :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc 20 days to go :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hi newcruisor05,

Shirley is just about worshipped on the DIS boards for her giftbaskets. That's why I'm going to order from her! Her website may give you some ideas (http://www.theperfectgift.cc), but she will do anything you ask. Just tell her what you want in the baskets and she'll get it for you! Her number is 800-950-4559. I'm ordering one for my DH and one for my DD8!

jhb3569, my husband is originally from Philadelphia (Springfield actually) and DOES NOT miss that snow!

Just want to make sure we stay on the first page!

I don't think anyone else has mentioned this but we will be sailing on "St. Patricks' Day!" (which is considered a holiday here in Boston,...well almost) will anyone be joining us in the wearing of the green??? Do you think that it will be acknowledged it at all? Just curious?

We are flying in the night before and staying at the Hyatt MCO. I didn't want to take a chance with a snow storm.

Staying at the Hyatt the night before as well. Are you taking the DCL bus to the terminal? Wonder if they are doing anything for St. Pats, it is a national holiday in my house. Many inches of snow here, looking forward to some sun. @ pirate:
LDinCT

We are staying at the Hyatt the night before too, but we are getting in fairly late since my kids have school on Friday. We are taking the DCL transportation the following morning. We love ST Paddy's day in our family, but ST. Joseph's Day (the 19th) is an even bigger day as that is my DH's birthday - this year he will be 40. See you all soon.

We're at the Hyat MCO the night before as well! Nearly enough of us for a DIS meet!

Soon, soon!!!

Hi all,

Finally got our documents. Wow, there is a lot to read - luckily I know a lot of info already from these boards!!

Regarding sailing on St Patty's Day - I didn't think about it so I am glad you mentioned it. I definitely need to make sure we all take something GREEN to wear.

Regarding our Disney Meet - if you all meet up at the Hyatt, are we still planning on meeting on Satuday - Promenade Lounge at 3:00???

Our flight leaves Ohio at 5:40 a.m. on Saturday - blah. That means we have to be at the airport by 4:30 a.m. at the latest, which means we have to leave the house by 4:00 a.m. which means I have to get up by ?*&@#!
:rolleyes2

The kids will be tired and grumpy all day. Heck, I am going to be tired and grumpy all day. They better be ready to entertain us!! :cheer2:

Thanks for the info on Dophin Discovery. My daughter wants to do it but we did it in Acapulco and I think it is the same thing. I might just wait until I get there and try to get her in the Mexican way rather than sign up now. It is probably full anyway.

What size suitcases work the best? Somewhere someone said they fit under the bed. What size fits?

Anyone doing a roll on cooler with wine, water, etc. besides me? I will have to bring it from OH. Any issues with carrying it on as long as it meets the carry-on size restrictions?

Well, gotta go work to earn money to pay for this trip.

See you soon. :hourglass

My countdown says 16 days! The good news for us, though, is that it's not 3 days - my DD8 appears to be coming down with a cold.... No surprise as most of the kids in her class have been sick this winter. She's typically pretty healthy, but I'm afraid she was surrounded with germs this year! So, I'm glad to have a bit of padding to get her back to 100% before we leave.

I don't think we are really having a meet at the Hyatt. Promenade Lounge at 3pm is still the plan.

We'll have our wine in tow as well. We carried it on last year and were really glad we did. It was nice to have a glass of wine on the Verandah whenever we wanted and our bar bill was A LOT less than the previous cruise! We had it in a roll-on suitcase rather than a cooler -- absolutely no problem at all. The room steward kept it packed in ice for us the entire week.

Regarding luggage we have roll-a-board type luggage that is small enough that it technially can be a carry on. Granted, between the 3 of us we bring FIVE of them... but they all fit under the bed with no problem. I don't recall the bed being so low to the floor that a "typical" suitcase wouldn't fit under it.

I am considering bringing something on board, but I don't want to bring it on the plane. We are staying at the Hyatt the night before, and are doing our own limo service to the port. We splurged on our last cruise and just loved it, its about an hour ride so we felt worth it for us. I had the driver stop and grabbed two bottles of wine to carry on board, so may do that again.

We hope to get to the hotel around 7pm, and figure we'll grab a bite to eat and hit the pool, or maybe do both at the same time if we can get food by the pool. I've never stayed at the Hyatt before.

We have been shopping like mad the last few days. The kids were in desperate need of some clothes, almost nothing fit from last year. We are in pretty good shape now I think, I hope.
One way or another we'll be ready!

Any divers out there on the March 12, 2005 Western Cruise?

I came across a dive operator (straight A's in the Rodales Scubadiving magazine) Aldora.com that is slightly cheaper than Disney, but more importantly, limits their boats to just 4 - 6 divers AND supplies two 120 cf steel tanks. They also offer dive computers, quality Zeagle equipment for rent and nitrox.

If we can get 4 - 6 divers interested, they'll run a boat just for us. Let me know. I've been on similar "6-packs" before, and they are the only way to dive!

Hi scubadad:

DH is booked on Disney scuba excursions for Cozumel and Grand Cayman but I'm sure he'd be game for this one in Cozumel instead. I booked all of mine & DD's excursions (Dolphin & Stingray) myself but booked DH through Disney simply because he's too busy to look into it & I have no idea what to look for (I don't dive)...figured Disney was the safest bet. He decided to join us on this cruise at the last minute so he could get a bit of diving in (he's not a Disney fan :confused3 ) so as long as he's diving, he'll be happy...sounds like this place would be great. Just let me know if you want to go that route and what we have to do. Thanks. :)

Congrats on receiving your docs...isn't it exciting. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc We have a SPR as well. If I recall from another thread a long time ago...we're in the same room on opposite sides of the ship. :)

So...... long we have all waited and now our departure time is nearing so quickly. I have been so busy at work that I have not been able to concentrate on the cruise as yet.

I have tried mutliple times trying to reach Shirley and have been unsuccessful. There was a 1-800 number that did not work from Canada..so I have been dialling the direct number and no luck...BTW any ideas for a basket for our son? Any input would be appreciated.

Can't wait to meet you all at 3pm on the promenade!!!..we will be staying at the Radisson the night before and hopefully will be able to make our PS at Ohana's:) Still thinking of something to do..if nothing then we will meet and chat :chat:

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!!! Isn't it exciting to receive those docs..makes it feel like its real!
Vivian

We leave a week today...will be on the plane this time next week and a week & 4 hours from now we'll be at MK. :banana: I've spent today packing & YIKES...there sure is a lot to pack. Between clothes for a week in WDW, clothes & formal wear for the cruise, shoes, scuba stuff & room left over for souveniers...looks like we'll need 2 suitcases each...I sure hope there's room in the cabins to store all the suitcases. If I do it right, maybe we can leave a suitcase or two behind in the car at the port.

So everyone...2 weeks from now we'll be meeting on the promenade deck. :cool1: I can't wait to meet everyone after all these months of chatting. For a while it seemed like this day would never come.

Roll Call :wave2: : how are everyone's preparations coming along...let's hear from you. What time is everyone planning to arrive at the port?

Vivian: Have you reached Shirley yet? Maybe you could post on the main cruise board where she might see it. As for items...the only ones I can think of are towels, pails & shovels etc..the type of thing she has on her site. Has he been to WDW before... I could pick him up a Guest of Honor badge for you while I'm at WDW if you'd like. I'd be happy to do it...just let me know.

First the Weather Forecast
:cold: Monday: 3-6" of Snow in Philadelphia (possibly more depending on which forecast you watch) :cold:
:cool1: Monday: 87 deg. on Grand Caymon Island with Partly Cloudy skies :cool1:

Well we have begun to make the piles of clothes to take with us. I may need to charter my own airplane to take this stuff down. Between the Formal Attire, a couple of Semi-Formal nights (we plan on Palos) and then the beach/pool clothes and stuff to go clubbing at night, we have a lot of stuff.

Spoke with my doctor's office the other day, and they suggested BONINE instead of DRAMAMINE. They commented that DRAMAMINE doesn't mix well with "adult beverages". So that's a suggestion. (I am not a Medical Professional so don't sue me if it doesn't work for you.) :rolleyes1

Is anyone else staying at the Hampton Inn on Friday night? We won't arrive until around Midnight (flight arrives at 10:30pm). I am still trying to figure out how early we should get back to the airport to meet the DCL Bus. We want to be on an early bus so we can get on board early.

:drinking1 Also, does anyone have any suggestions about bringing wine aboard. First, I have never taken wine on a plane. I assume carry-on, but any other suggestions, so my carry-on isn't full of wine and glass when we land. Also, should I bring my own cork-screw? We plan on enjoying it on our Verandah. Finally, I have heard that we can bring our own wine for dinner. What about corkage charges and can you "travel" with your own wine all week long?

See you all on the Promanade at 3pm. Can't wait.

We can't use the countdown timers any more...looks like a lot of people haven't read about it though so you're not the only one. Here's the info: Countdown Timers

Sounds like you're getting close to being ready to cruise. :)

jhb3569 said:
First the Weather Forecast​
:cold: Monday: 3-6" of Snow in Philadelphia (possibly more depending on which forecast you watch) :cold:
:cool1: Monday: 87 deg. on Grand Caymon Island with Partly Cloudy skies :cool1:
Sounds great to me. :banana:

Spoke with my doctor's office the other day, and they suggested BONINE instead of DRAMAMINE. They commented that DRAMAMINE doesn't mix well with "adult beverages". So that a suggestions (I am not a Medical Professional so don't sue me if it doesn't work for you.) :rolleyes1
I get sea sick so bought some Bonine for the trip. I tried it out today & DH tried it last weekend...neither of us had any side effects. :) DD will be trying it tomorrow and then we'll be all set. DH & DD don't know how they'll feel but I know I'll be taking it for at least a day or two. Maybe I should have a glass of wine or two tonight to test that side of it out. ;)

13 Days and 13 hurs according to my timer! WooHoo!!!!

We're staying at the Hyatt MCO Friday night and will try to be on one of the first DCL buses in the morning. We like to get to the terminal early before the lines get too long.

jhb3569, we'll have our wine with us as well. Last year we wrapped the bottles in bubble wrap and had them in a carryon. We also brought our own corkskrew, although I'm sure the room steward could have gotten us one if needed. They will definitely bring you wine glasses for your room, so don't bother to pack those.

Vivian, I hope you can get through to Shirley! I spoke with her a couple of days ago - she is such a sweetie!

Promenade Lounge at 3pm! See you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter