• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising March 12, 2005!!

Thank you Vivian! I wasn't really sure what kind of docs to expect with it being our first cruise. Can't believe it's less than a month away now:)

Katherine

Hi Katherine,

The docs come in a little cardbox shaped like a treasure chest. Inside you will find your Bahamas immigration form as well as the form Disney requires you to sign prior to boarding. It also includes the information in regards to the cruise and what to expect.i.e. formal evening, semi-formal etc... You will also be asked to fill in how you would like your account settled on board as well as if any family members will not have charging privleges on their KTTW card. There are CM's who can assist you to complete the forms at the port prior to entering the line up. We always try to complete the forms prior to arriving at the Port.

Hope this helps a little better...

Glad to find the thread for this cruise. Traveling as a solo parent with DS 11. Saw some other posts with kids. My 11 year old son has been on 6 or so cruises, it's his favorite type of vacation. Haven't been on DCL since a Wonder cruise about 3 years ago, looking forward to the 7 day and Western itin.
Is there still a meeting planned? This thread was very long. Only a couple of weeks now. pirate:
LD in CT

Thanks Vivian, I'm glad I asked the agent to send it to the hotel now, they were going to let me collect it at the port. At least I can get all those forms filled in beforehand now:)

Welcome to the board LD!

Katherine

This will be our first cruise ever. Just DH and DW. Can't wait. I need to get away from the cold Northeast.

We are looking forward to a nice relaxing, romantic week. Any suggestions for shore excursions. Niether one of us has been to any of the stops and the lists on Disney Cruises is quite long. Ideas?

:cool1: ::MickeyMo :earsgirl: :earsboy: :sunny: :love: :love2: :cold:

Welcome jhb3569. :wave2:

This is our first cruise as well. DD & I are doing the Royal Dolphin Swim in Cozumel and the "Rays, Reef & Rum Point" excursion in Grand Cayman (booked both on our own)...DH is doing a scuba excursion at each port (booked through DCL). For Key West, I think we'll just do a Trolley Tour.

I know how difficult it is to choose. The only easy one for us was the Dolphin Swim in Cozumel...it was DD's sole reason for choosing this cruise for her grad trip I'm sure. ;) As long as she gets to swim with dolphins she won't care about anything else. Good luck with your decision.

Welcome ldinCT. :wave2: Wow...your son is quite the experienced little cruiser...lucky boy. :)

I think we have a meeting of some sort planned. Vivian has kindly taken on trying to get something organized. I'm game for anything...just let me know when & where & we'll be there. :cool1:

Vivian...if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. :)

Hi All,

I am looking forward to meeting everyone on the Promanade at 3:00 pm. Like some others - I don't know where it is but we will find it. Our cast is: DH, DW, DS14 and DD8 (almost DD9!!)

The only excursion we are doing is the Stingray City Snorkel at 1:00 thru Disney and my DS14 is doing the Fury Catamaran Teen Cruise in Cozumel. Otherwise, we are on our own. I think we plan to grab a cab to Chankanaab in Cozumel because everyone seems to rave about it.

In Key West I think we will just wander around. Probably will spend more time on the ship since it is all so new to us and we have done Key West before.

I think the only night we will not eat dinner on board will be in Cozumel. Probably go for some local cuisine. Unless we get some really great restaurant.

My DH and I both plan to dress up for formal night - DH in tux - me in long dress with jacket, kids have already been told they have to dress and dine with us that night so we can get our Christmas photo taken. I know it is early but that will save me lots of time next October!!

When is Pirate night and what is pirate night? Do I need special clothes? Right now we do not plan to dress because we don't know anything about it. I cannot wait for the 2nd cruise so I will know what I am talking about!!! BTW - it is not yet scheduled. It took a lot to talk DH into this one.

For you experienced Disney Cruisers - can you request a special rotation or is it simply assigned to you? What is the best night to do Palos? Or maybe the better question is - which restaurant is the best to skip?

Anyone know the movies yet?

We have NOT gotten our docs yet. I called and they told me I should not expect to see them until 14 days prior to the cruise. I figured next week.

We are second seating which suits me fine - since we have older kids and I doubt they will dine with us much. Any thoughts here?

Other thoughts: I plan to prepay my tips, I plan to buy a photo package and still take about 20 rolls of film, I plan to bring wine on board with me, not sure about the beer and water yet. I have a LONG list of what to bring gathered from the board, and I am getting SOOOOOO excited (and a little nervous - seasickness? Titanic stuff? final cost? etc).

I cannot wait to meet everyone. I am so sorry I just found this board about 2 weeks ago. Would have loved more time to read everything.

Hello

Just started looking at excursions and things.... Has anyone been to Paradise Beach at Cozumel? We're thinking of going there as it seems child friendly enough (I could spend all day looking round the shops but I don't think DS3 and DS1 (not to mention DH) would think much of that)

We're going to visit the Pirate Museum while we're in Key West. I believe it's quite new and DS3 is into anything to do with pirates. Any more suggestions for what to do in Key West with young kids?

Hi Newcruiser05 - this is our first cruise too, also getting a little nervous, but happy nervous/excited:) I've no idea if we'll get sea sick, bought some meds just in case, but can't seem to get hold of the recommended ones in the UK. Might try and buy some better ones when we get to the States.

About Pirate night, like I said DS3 is really into pirates, but he's on Peter Pan's side and got very upset the other day when I joked that Mum and Dad might dress up as Pirates on the cruise - although he does think Johhny Depp is cool in Pirates of the Caribbean. Go figure!

Regarding seating plans, we've got late seating cause we only booked last month, but we're going to try and change it to early when we board.

Looking forward to meeting everyone there,

Katherine

Oh, I forgot to add, I think Pirate night is on the day we go to Cozumel. Isn't there an extra late buffet for it? And regarding rotations, I think they're already assigned to you. Not sure if you can change them when you arrive though.

Katherine

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to keep the thread up the top!

I can not wait to go, the beach, sun, warm water, being waited on hand and foot ahhhhh.....

Back to reality, just for 23 more days! My family (Me, DH, DD12, DS8) did a Dolphin Swim on our last cruise and loved it. This time we are planning our own excursions, I think maybe a trolley tour in Key West, little shopping, etc. In Cozumel I'm leaning towards Mr.Sanchos due to rave reviews on this board, I want to go to one spot for food, drink (alcoholic in nature) ,chairs & umbrellas (for us irish folk) , sand & water. I understand Mr. Sancho will have all of these things for a reasonable price.
Grand Cayman is where I am still undecided. That looks like it will be a on board decision after consulting with crew members to get a good all around beach recommendation (see above requirements). Castaway Cay, my whole family is trying parasailing!!! DD and DH have done it but it will be mine and DS first. I figured what better place to try.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about Pirate night, I will probably just go tropical. I loved Pirates of the Carribean, but I'm just not into the look.

Looking forward to meeting everyone Promenade Lounge 3:00pm :wave2:

Look forward to meeting you all. DisneyLisa did you book the Rum, Reef and Ray through nativeway? Was thinking of doing that too, but they haven't answered my email. Only thing is DS11 and I are not big snorkelers, wonder how much time you spend snorkeling. I'm really into the Rum and Ray portion though. pirate:

Yes I did book it through Nativeway. It took a day or two to hear back from them but they've been very helpful and I've read a lot of great reviews about them on another board. Those reviews also say that they do sometimes take a while to get back to you but everyone has been happy with their service.

I'm not a snorkeler either and they said I could just wade around or stay on the boat...like you it's the stingray & beach portion I'm looking forward to. Here is part of the email they sent me:

The tour departs the pier at 9 AM Eastern Time and completes around 2:15
PM Eastern Time. We ask that you check in around 8:15 AM Eastern Time AND no
later than 8:45 AM Eastern Time. When you come ashore, look for the person
carrying the sign that says Native Way Watersports. You may also ask for us
at the information booth at North
Terminal.

You will spend about 35-40 minutes at each of the snorkeling locations:
Stingray Sandbar and Barrier Reef. You will spend about 1.5 hours at Rum
Point.

We provide free use of all snorkeling gear and vests, food for the Rays,
and complimentary punch and bottled water. After the tour, you have two
options for drop off: back to the pier, or, at 7-mile beach (where you can
taxi back for $4 per person).
They also told me there were others already from DCL on the tour when I booked it. When did you contact them? Let me know if/when they get back to you? It would be cool if you were joining us. :)

Does anyone know what time the first bus leave the airport for Port Canaveral on Saturday morning? We are staying at a local Hotel (Hampton Inn) and need to know when to get there. From what I am reading the earlier we get to Port Canaveral the better, so I don't want to have to wait for a later bus. . .

Can't wait. It's 30 deg. in Philadelphia right now, and 81 deg. in Cozumel right now. Where whould you rather be?

Hi Everyone!

I've finally hit the point where the wait is driving me crazy! This is going to be a very long 21 days!

Tonight I embroidered T-Shirts for DH, DD8 and I to wear on embarkation day. My husband now wants me to make shirts for our past cruises (i.e., dated 2003 and 2004) to wear during the cruise! He's every bit as excited as I am.

We're flying in the day before and staying at the Hyatt MCO. This is our 3rd DCL in three years, and probably the last for awhile. Everyone on the DIS boards talks about how wonderful the Hyatt MCO is so we decided to splurge.

Excursions? We're just going to do our own think in Key West - wander around, perhaps take the trolley. For Grand Cayman, DD8 is very much into turtles -- so the turtle farm for us is a must. We've booked the DCL island tour that visits the turtle farm and also does the swim with the stringrays. For Cozumel, we're heading to the beach - Playa del Sol I think. DH and I were planning on no excursions for CC when DD8 piped up that she loved the Glass Bottom Boat and was so excited that we were going to do it again! Oh well.... It was not the greatest IMHO, but we are booked!

And finally, I plan to order surprise baskets from the famous SHIRLEY for DD8 and DH. I've been noting ideas for basket stuffings probably for the last 6 months! Now it's time to call Shirley!

Can't wait to meet everyone in the Promenade at 3pm!

Tell me - Tell me - who is Shirley and how can I order a surprise basket?

I want to do something special for my family but can't figure out what.

Well we booked our excursions today. . . Island Tour and Snorkeling with Stingrays for Cayman Island and Horseback Ride to Mayan Ruins for Cozumel. My boss gave me a list of bars to hit at Key West, she said that was better then the excursions, especially for the first day out.

:cold: Well they are predicting 3" to 5" of snow tomorrow night. :cold:
:cool1: Meanwhile it will 84 deg. in Cozumel tomorrow. :cool1:

I can't wait. See you all in 20 days.

Hi all :wave2: ...can't wait to meet everyone at 3pm. In the meantime...is anyone planning to wear lime green at the cruise terminal? I'll have my lime green Mickey head hanging from my fanny pack...just thought we might have the chance to meet and chat if we see eachother at the terminal as I hear it can be a long wait to board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter