Cruising March 12, 2005!!

Welcome newcruiser05. :wave2: Nice to see a new addition to our group.

Vivian: Did you book directly thru Disney or with a TA? Just curious as to when our documents might arrive...I expected it to be much later in Canada. We booked the cruise through a TA (not by choice and I have been very unhappy with their service :(). We're spending a week in WDW before the cruise so I'm hoping they get them to us in time.

Isn't it getting exciting everyone? :banana: We've started getting suitcases out and have been throwing a few items in so it's starting to seem more real every day. After a year and a half of planning, I can't believe it's almost here. :flower:

TTFN

Hi Lisa...

My parents also confirmed they received their docs in Montreal today!

This is the first year we booked directly with DCL. (On board the Wonder last year.)

Last year we booked with a TA and boy was I ever unhappy. I was providing info to her on Disney as well as Disney Cruise since we did the Land and Sea package. Our docs did not reach my hands until I believe it was 7 days prior to our trip. The travel agency called me to ask when I was planning to pick the documents up...low and behold they had fired the TA and the docs had arrived 6 weeks prior and they were filed in the cabinet ???? Another..cruiser last year had a similar experience as we had experienced. The year prior to that we had also booked via a TA and they came approximately four weeks in advance.

So....Long story short blame it on me..and ask the TA that a fellow cruiser received their docs when can you expect receiving yours?

Sorry I babbled so much...I am a little excited :banana: :banana: :banana:

So am I. :banana: :banana: :banana:

The TA had better not expect me to pick them up...they're in Toronto & I'm in Ottawa. :( I think I'll give them a call tomorrow but I'm dreading it...they're so crabby (to put it nicely ;)).

BTW...did you get them in the mail or by courier?

Lisa,

I received the docs via UPS. They were left on my front porch. (No signature required.)

It really irks me when people do not receive the customer service that they are supposed to receive. You would think that they would treat their paying clients with a little more appreciation!

I have also heard that if your docs don't make it on time to contact DCL and you can pick them directly at the port. I know that is not as fun as receiving them prior to leaving.

If they don't make it on time..the only other thing I may suggest to you is that I would be more than happy to bring them along for you and your family. The offer is open..I hope that you won't need to use my offer because you would have received the documents..but please don't hesitate to let me know if you need my assistance. I can PM you my address to send the docs to. The offer is there if you require it!

Thanks...I cannot seem to keep my answers short..

Thanks Vivian...I'll let you know how I make out when I call the TA. :worried:

Welcome Newcruiser05! I have a DD8! Fantastic to hear of another girl her age! Hopefully we will meet on the first day at our DIS Meet!

This will be our 3rd cruise. At ages 5 and 6, she was in the Oceaneer's Club. As a 8 year old, she's excited about being in the Lab full tiime.

Docs??? We haven't gotten ours as yet........ I would love to start packing but force myself to await the arrival of the all-important doc's!

I'm in Connecticut and booked directly with DCL, but have NOT received my docs yet....from various posts I've read they really seem to come at all different times.....but I hope they come soon because I am prone to obsessively worrying about things and I am really trying to be more laid back this time. :rolleyes1

Hi, more newbies here:)
We'll also be on the March 12th cruise, it's our first ever cruise so we're really looking forward to it, and I seem to have developed an addiction to board lurking....There's 4 of us, DH, DS aged 3 and a half, DS aged 16 months, and myself. We're going to WDW first for 8 days, staying at the CBR. Look forward to meeting everyone there:)

Katherine

Well now we are getting somewhere!

I can't believe how close we are to cruise time. My DD 12 and DS 8 would be happy to correspond with other kids. Let me know through this thread or send me a pm and we can exchange e-mails. My DD did it for the weeks leading up to the cruise and it worked out great! Sometimes when kids meet it makes it a little easier for us parents too.

My DD is a seasoned cruiser (her 2nd) and looking forward to all the activities she is happiest when active. My DS is really looking forward to being in the Lab he liked the Club but wanted to be with the older kids last time.

I will propose the Promenade Lounge on the first day (even though it's crazy it will be great to put a face with a name). I don't have a time suggestion though, would right after the lifeboat drill (after you put away your jacket) be a good time? Meet a few people, shake some hands, have a drink then off to the sail away party.

I can not wait. I have started packing mentally, maybe it's time to break out the suitcase.

PS. We got our doc today too!!!! :cheer2:

I have a DD12 and a DS8 too...not to mention a DS10. I will send you a PM with my email address and it would be great if the kids could start a correspondence.

....still no docs here, though! :sad2:

The plan sounds good to me! Looks like a good group of 8y/o DS's :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: Any little sisters?? No docs here yet. I think I'll start to panic when that happens :Pinkbounc Anyone dressing up for pirate night? pirate:

HI everyone,

May I propose 3pm to meet at the Promenade Lounge?

Last year when I organized the meet it seemed to be the best time since the drill begins at 4pm and after that everyone goes back to their rooms and then prepares for the send off Party. :banana:

We can all meet and say a friendly hello and get to put a face with our log on id's. My next question is should I organize a quick event to get to know one another better..like an ice breaker? Or any other suggestion someone may have??? Open to any and all suggestions...

Looking forward to meeting you all..
Vivian

The Promenade at 3:00 sounds great!

A follow up would be fun too. I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions right now. On our last cruise we had a wine tasting and met in the Disney Suite because a generous Dis-er invited us all. That was a bit unusual.

I'll keep thinking !!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Does everyone have their excursions picked out? What are you doing at Cozumel, I still can't decide. We plan on doing our own thing but 'where' is the question???

I would love to invite you all to our 'suite' unfortunately we would not all fit (Category 9)! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The very first time we went on a cruise someone had organized a listing of all the Diser's and their cabin numbers as well as what they were celebrating on the ship and their names and ages of their kids. They also exchanged postcards with their names and addresses on the reverse to keep in touch. I had prepared everything and then shied away from attending. I don't want a 'make work' activity...but something fun..I will post on the cruise board and see what responses I will receive....

All suggestions would be great!

Thanks
V

Promenade at 3:00PM it is...now I just have to find it.....received our documents today...Yay! Seems like a lot of details.

Hi everybody,

We're cruzin also on the magic on March 12, 2005 with DW, DD (9), and DSIL (disney sister in law.) Have previuosly cruised on the 4 day Wonder back in March '03.

Just tell your waiter that you are celebrating a birthday and they will bring you a small cake with candles, sing Happy Birthday with the other waiters ( it's a hoot when they sing) and the birthday person might get a Disney Birthday Pin).

Have booked a stingray snorkel excursion thru Captain Marvins (www.captainmarvins.com). Did this tour (in Grand Cayman) on a previous cruise (Carnival) back in October '03. Booked it thru their website. If the ship doesn't come in you don't pay. They will take a credit card # and then when you get to Grand Cayman you can pay them at that time.
The stingray tour is amazing and the boat with Captain Marvins only holds about 20 people (I'M guessing). The crew are great, explain everything, help you out in the water and made the kids have fun. (They let my dd pilot the boat) They also have a diver on board who video's the whole tour and then you can buy the video or DVD ( they mail it to you. Took about 10 days to receive) The video is edited with everyone on the boat and also to some great Carribean background music.

Cozumel we are just doing the beach thing (already swam with the dolphins before )Just not sure which beach we are cabbing to.

Any questions feel free to ask.

No documents as of today Feb 11, 2005

They're here, they're here. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

How exciting...now I know we're really going on a cruise. :cool1: :cool1: Can you tell I'm just a little excited? ;)

Hi,

Our agent is posting the docs for the cruise to CBR as we're staying there beforehand, and with us being from England they thought it might be risky to post them out to us. Is there anything in the docs that would be useful to know about before we leave? Are there lots of forms to fill out, that kind of thing?

Thanks

Katherine

Welcome Aboard to The Brechun's and to kmt 1!!!

Lisa ...so glad your docs have arrived before you leave to Florida...it is exciting when they arrive!!

kmt 1 there are not too many papers to fill in...but you should have them completed prior to registering..it will make the process that much quicker and smoother.

I am still looking for some ideas for our meet...I have looked on the cruise meets board and boy oh boy some of the groups are REALLY planning some creative and great things! I am not oo sure I can committ too much time in preparing for the meet since I am challenged with time as it is due to some work committments..I should have thought about this earlier..sorry! I will continue to look and search for something easy and quick that will be fun as well!

Look at our counter folks it is fast approaching..can't wait especially since there is another winter storm warning for our area....Ahhhh to be on the beach right about NOW :smooth:

:cool1: :banana: :wave: :bounce: :cheer2: Everyday we are getting closer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter