• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising March 12, 2005!!

Yeah...I just saw my counter...Ladies and Gents we are now tracking in the 50's ...can't believe almost a whole year has passed by since we booked on board last spring break.....Exactly two months left for departure date for us.. :cheer2: :flower1: :cool1:

My goodness you're right - less than 2 months :cheer2:
I'm getting a little frantic - no excursions booked yet :guilty: I'm a DA(aunt) taking my DN & DN (niece & nephew) and my parents (they don't swim) any suggestions??? I would think on the snorkeling trips you could go along for the ride and not actually get in?? Anyone know for sure?

Also, do most guys wear a tux for formal night?

Can't believe will need to start packing before you know it!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

LisaTex said:
Also, do most guys wear a tux for formal night?
My DH will be wearing a suit. I spoke to a neighbour today who did the 7-Day Eastern recently and she said most of the men wore suits...she said she saw very few men in tuxes. I've read mixed reports on what they wear but as I said, my DH will be in a nice suit. :D

For the last two March Magic's, my DH rented a tux and had it delivered on board. We don't often dress formally, so it was fun for us. There were plenty of others in formal wear, but certainly most people were just dressed "nicely" - i.e., not the usual casual.

I don't know if he'll rent a tux this time or not, or just opt for a suit. DD8 is not really into dressing up so is lobbying that we don't go formal this time!

LisaTex, my DH doesn't swim either. We've done catarmaran rides where he can enjoy the boat but I can do a bit of snorkeling. Go Longhorns!

59 days!!

As I look out my window to about 2 feet of snow (and still falling!!!)
I think today is a great day to get out the luggage!

I can't believe we're less than 50 days away.

We are all very excited here; myself, DH, DD (12) and DS (8).
Since this is our second cruise, we are planning on just doing our own excursions definitely a beach day in Grand Cayman, we may just get off for a few hours in Cozumel or do a half beach day. Looking forward to enjoying the ship, especially those lounge chairs on deck 4 and hopefully meeting some new friends :wave2:

So...

Would you all be interested in a DISBoard quick gathering on the first day? We can all meet in the Promenade Lounge and say a simple hello.

Let me know..or if there is someone else who would like to organize the meet that's great to:)

I can't believe that we are now in the 40 day range...

Have a warm and happy Sunday
Vivian

We'd be game for some type of meeting. I think it would be a shame, after communicatiing here for the last year, if we didn't get to at least meet eachother. :D

Glad to hear that there is some interest..so I will wait and see what others say...

I also think it's great meeting new people.....

I love looking at my count down calendar.. :cool1: :cool1:

We would be interested also.

On our last cruise we met for a quick hi in the Promenade lounge (I think right after or before fire drill? now I can't remember) any way it was great to put a face to a tag name. We also had our own wine tasting on our first at sea day which was Monday, that was fantastic because someone in our group was in the Walt Disney Suite and invtied us all to meet there. Each family brought a bottle of wine we opened them all up and started sampling, it was a lot of fun. Plus I got to see "The Suite" a view I just don't get from my lovely deck 2 room.

Count us in, Promenade lounge sounds great.

Count us in. :Pinkbounc Hoping my neice and nephew will get to at least meet your kids for a few minutes, then maybe there won't be so much drama when they go to the kids clubs for the first time. My nephew turns 8 the 3rd day of the cruise and wants to go with the older kids. His sister just turned 6 and doesn't like going places without her brother so........ maybe a familiar face will help. :rolleyes: Just let us know when and we'll be there. :wave2:

I will be on the 3/12 Western cruise and it is our families first. I have 2 kids - a daughter who is 8 and a son who is 14. Anyone else have kids around these ages?

Not only is this my first cruise but it is my first time using these boards so I don't know all the lingo yet but I think DD is for daughter and DS for son??

Anyway, can't wait!!!

I just saw your post (First Time Cruiser NEEDS TIPS) on the cruise line forum board and was going to direct you to this site. I have a DS who is 8, but no 14 year old. It is our first cruise too and we are very excited. If your husband wants to wear his tux, then by all means I think he should wear it. My husband does not own one - so it will be a suit for him. My two DSs would love to wear tuxes, but alas - do not own them.

I've actually started to pack. I've got my two DSs stuff all set, but my DD is going to be more difficult as she is 12 and overnight has become very fashion conscious. I never would have believed that would happen.

See you soon. :Pinkbounc

Wow, a reply. I feel so silly because everything is so new to me. I see a lot of posts about meeting the first day. And I would love to do that. Where and when is everyone going to meet?

And I would love to have our daughters meet. They may not get along but at least they will have a familiar face. My daughter has already told me she will not be seeing a lot of me. I told her I want her to do dinner with me the formal night so we can get a good photo for the xmas cards next year.

I just cannot wait but need lots of help!

Actually my 8 year old is a son - DS (not DD). Sorry. He gets along well with kids of both genders though (or so his teacher reports.) I know there is interest in meeting on the boat, but I have not yet heard of a time or place.

I read the boards for a few weeks before I was brave enough to make my first post. I agree. It is very exciting.

Welcome Aboard Newcruiser05!! Glad you have joined us :wave2:

I will try to remember the best time to meet and as the date becomes closer I will post details as our date approaches.

Guess what was waiting for me when I came home today????? You guessed our cruise docs :banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Just a little excited!!!

No upgrades.....but I never count on one either!!!! Being on the ship is great enough for us!!

We are getting closer and closer....

Talk to you all soon.....

Vivian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter