Cruising March 12, 2005!!

Hi everyone, :wave2:

We're back :sad: so I thought I'd take this opportunity to post and get this thread bumped back up to the top.

We had a fabulous 2 weeks in WDW (10 nights at POFQ, 1 at HRH & 3 at POP) and just hated to come home. It was hot, humid and soooo crowded but we managed to get everything done. I even did M:S but ended up sick as a dog (which is something that worried me about booking a cruise...I'll definitely be taking some type of anti-nausea medication beforehand). POFQ was beautiful and we loved it...we're planning to stay there again for our week in Disney before the cruise. The HRH was beautiful & US/IOA was fun but it just lacked that Disney Magic and we couldn't wait to get back for our last 3 nights at WDW. POP was cute and we enjoyed our stay there as well. I had hoped to take the time to post while we were away but it seemed we were rarely in our room...and it's amazing how fast two weeks goes by. ::yes::

I hope everyone has had a great summer so far. It's hard to believe our cruise is just over 7 months away. :eek: How is everyone doing?

HI there,

Welcome Back!!

It seems that you had a gr8 time...gr8 to hear that:)

The months are really zooming by..we get closer and closer to our cruise date:)

I keep waiting for some nice weather up here...but no luck this summer:(

Can't wait to meet everyone,
Vivian

Hello fellow cruisers!

Just checking in letting you know the "Americans" are getting ready for the cruise!!!

Although cruising with all you Canadians will make me feel right at home, since I'm half Canadian too. My Mom and Dad were both born in small provinces outside of Quebec city. I also speak French "je parle Francais" (although I can't spell it so well :)

We just got back from 2 weeks on a lake in New Hampshire, it was really nice. But so sad to be home now I feel like summer is almost over, the only good part is that means the cruise it getting closer.

Getting very excited and looking forward to meeting you all!!!

PeachyK
Christine

Hi everyone...thought I'd post again and bump this up. :)

I booked the Royal Dolphin Swim in Cozumel this week and got our confirmation on Thursday. DD is just thrilled. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Anyone else planning to do it?

DD (17.5 when we sail) was really hoping to join in the activities at the teen club on the Magic as well as the "Wild Side" teen excursion at CC but I've since read that the average age of kids in the teen club varies by cruise and on a lot of cruises the kids are more in the 13-15 year old age group with very few (if any) 16/17 year olds. I really don't want to sign her up for the "Wild Side" if all the kids are a lot younger but I guess it's only $35, so it wouldn't be a fortune to waste if she decided not to participate once we sailed (I believe you have to cancel excursions 2 days before you sail). I was just wondering if Kathy or anyone else has an older teen planning to do join these activities so we could get an idea if there will be other older teens participating.

So how is everyone doing? It's hard to believe summer is almost over (although it really doesn't feel like we had much of one this year where we live). :( Be sure to check-in here everyone and let us all know how you're doing. :)

TTFN

DisneyLisa
I've talked to my 16 (at time of cruise) year old and he is not interested in the Wild Side at this time. He likes most of the activities, but does't care for riding bicycles - as it gets closer he may change his mind. I read another thread about the Wild Side already being booked before the cruise. Before, I thought we would wait until we boarded and see if any of the teens he made friends with were going on this excursion. But now not sure.
We also have thought about the Royal Dolphin Swim. That is my choice for Cozumel, but it is expensive for all of us to participate. We still hopefully have more time to decide.
School starts tomorrow here. I'm excited about this - just means it is closer to Spring Break.
Kathy :sunny:

:sad1: It is with regret that we have had to cancel our cruise.
I am a nurse in a preop area of a surgery center. I work with 2 other nurses who are both expecting babies and are due 5 weeks apart. During March they will both be on maternity leave. I wasn't asked to cancel my vacation that was approved last Oct, but I can not leave them without any regular nurse to cover our area. I'm excited for my coworkers, but do wish their babies were further apart. After weeks of thinking this over I feel I'm making the right decision.
Our cruise will not be totally cancelled, we will be transferring our reservation to another cruise date. My supervisor has approved for time off over Christmas 2005 or Spring Break 2006. Very rarely is Christmas vacation approved so I've requested through dreams unlimited to check on Dec 17 cruise (the Christmas cruise has already become very expensive). So we will still be cruising :boat: but now starting all over.
I will be continuing to follow this thread and will be with you in thought duing the week of March 12.
Kathy:sunny:

Kathy,
I am sure all the other March 12, 2005 cruisers will join along with me to say how sad we are that you will not be joining us, and that we will not have the opportunity to meet you.

You sound like a wonderful person, who is very dedicated to her profession and I hope that your workplace appreciates you!

You know, they say that good things happen to good people...so I am sure that something wonderful is right around the corner for you:).::yes::

December sounds like a wonderful time to cruise..you will get to see the ship all decorated for the holidays....

:wave2:
Vivian

Sorry to hear you've had to cancel Kathy...I too was looking forward to meeting you. Be sure to pop in and say hello every now and then...we'll consider you an "honorary member" of the March 12, 2005 Disney Cruise Club. ;)

Hey everyone,

We will be canceling our cruise also, due to a baby being due. My youngest daugher (23) is going to be due in March. Not sure of the date, plus being the first for her that date could go either way by two weeks. Just have to be here for her!! We have'nt rescheduled yet, but are looking at a all girl cruise with some volleyball teammates in November 2005. Maybe around November 6th my birthday. Husband has decided he does'nt want to go on another cruise at this time, oh well! The girls and I will have a great time. Sorry I won't get to meet you all this time, maybe another time.

:smooth: :wave2:

Sorry to hear that we are losing one more from our sailing:(

But I could not think of a better reason to cancel :) Celebrating the birth of a new grandchild.

Maybe we will be sailing another time together and we will meet up at that time.

Take care
Vivian

I'm sorry you have to cancel as well, but I agree...the birth of a new Grandchild takes priority. How exciting...I wish you and your DD all the best. :D

Sorry to hear about the cancellations, does that mean I'll get an upgrade????

Perhaps we'll meet another time.

I don't know about anybody else but I am starting to get really excited, I know it's early but I just can't help it.

I think it's because I'm starting to put away the summer stuff and I'm already starting to pack for the cruise " We'll this sun dress would be great for brunch, and this top would be good for dinner, etc."

This is our second cruise and we are already talking about the things we would do differently this time. Like Palo brunch (last time just did dinner), not stressing about getting to dinner in the restaurants every night, if we have a great at shore day there's always topsiders or room service. Getting to more shows since my son will be older and can't wait to be in the lab.

Anyone else, if you've cruised before what will you do differently???

Bumping this up. Roll call...how is everyone doing? Only 5 more months to go. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

HI There,

Hope all is well with everyone.

Can't believe how quick the months are passing by.

Before we know it we will be boarding the Magic....

I cannot believe we are soo close to Halloween...next will be Christmas...(and Thanksgiving for all our American neighbors.)

Well...hope this post finds you and yous all doing great.

Have a wonderful upcoming weekend,
Vivian

Bumping this thread up to see how everyone is doing....only 109 days left before we sail..Yahoo!!!!

To our American Neighbours...I wish you and your loved ones have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!

Vivian

Hi All...my family and I will be on the 3/12/05 cruise as well and we are not even from Canada. I will be traveling with my husband and DD(12); DS(10) and DS(8). I can't wait...I'm even learning the lingo of the boards. This is our first time so any suggestions (from what to pack to fun things to do) from you veterans would definitely be appreciated. We have not booked any shore excursions yet. I'm not even sure that we want to...might just want to do our own thing at the ports. See you all in March. :grouphug:

Welcome lisamacd!!!

From experience I can tell you that you will learn a wealth of information on these boards!!

That's how I gained much of my info the first time around!

Fell free to ask me any questions and I will try to assist you anyway that I can.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

I must run to do some more Xmas shopping.....

Talk to you soon,
Vivian

Welcome lisamacd. :wave: I'm surprised we haven't had more people posting on this cruise thread. :scratchin

I have to pay the balance of our cruise to the TA tomorrow so I guess this is it...I guess we're going. :Pinkbounc I can't believe it's less than 3 months away. Has anyone booked any excursions yet? I booked the Royal Dolphin Swim in Cozumel in August and am just in the process of booking a stingray/coral reef/rum point beach excursion for Grand Cayman. It's -31C/-24F here tonight (-42C/-44F with the windchill)...unusually cold weather, even for here...sure wish I was on the cruise right now.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great holiday season and a Happy New Year.

Hello everyone,

I've been staying off this board because I had a nagging feeling that we just wouldn't be able to swing this cruise (and getting to know everyone well and then not being able to go would have made it 10x worse!). And I was right...the date is just not good for us. I was really disappointed at first but since I had to use up all my airfare credit...it was more than enough to fly to Universal Studios in February and Disney in May (Only 2 trips could make up for missing the cruise :rolleyes:

I may book another cruise in the future but it probably wouldn't be until 2006-2007.

I'm sure you will all have a great time! Bon voyage :boat:

Hi DisneyLisa,

Our cruise balance is due this week too...so I guess that makes it a reality. :cool1: I haven't really looked at the excursions too closely yet. Actually, I have to get my DH to take a look because he usually vetos my ideas. It is not quite as cold here as up in your neck of the world, although we did have our first snowfall last night - but my kids are out of school for winter vacation so they can't even appreciate a snow day off from school. :Pinkbounc

How much do you know about the excursions? Do you think they are worth the money? Have you been on a Disney Cruise before?

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter