Cruising in Oct from NYC or January from PC?????

Which cruise would you choose?

• Total voters
CC in January is really cold! (I'm from FL but even people from up north don't like the water temp.), In October the water is still nice because we are coming off of summer. The Fantasy is only doing 7 night cruises and the itinerary is pretty similar on the Eastern route with the only new port recently being Tortola. I've never been so I can't comment on that part but since it's going to be around for a while I would go with the NY cruise. From what I understand they re few and far between. Wish I would have taken a "more rare" cruise last year when they had the Southern Caribbean on the Magic. Now they are gone.
I guess we just got lucky when we had good weather in January! So that is something else to factor in. I do feel like I am leaning toward the NYC cruise, probably the 7 day...thanks for the food for thought.

I guess we just got lucky when we had good weather in January! So that is something else to factor in. I do feel like I am leaning toward the NYC cruise, probably the 7 day...thanks for the food for thought.

January is always hit or miss down here. CC is pretty even with Miami as far as how South it is and the weather just depends. Some years it's great, others, it can be cold. If we have a cold winter the water is terrible IMHO if it's a mild winter than a lot of people from up North don't mind it, you probably won't find a South FL person in the the water (of course my pool is in the mid 80s year round so we are spoiled. Thank you heater LOL). The true Caribbean isn't bad anytime of year (i.e. Tortola, St Thomas, San Juan etc) but, like I mentioned before, the NY cruise are few and far between so that it a factor as well. Depends what is most important to you, we are beach people so that is alway a factor. Either cruise, you will have a great time!!!

Thanks for the input, all. We decided to go for the Oct. 29th cruise from NYC! Super excited. A little snafu that made the whole thing a little less magical though--we had to unbook and rebook the Oct. 29th cruise in order to retain our onboard booking OBC (transferred over from the original Jan 2016 cruise)--in the meantime the price went up several hundred dollars--grrrr.... Oh well, I can't worry about it now, just looking forward (WAAAAAYYY forward) to cruising again! YEAH!

Thanks for the input, all. We decided to go for the Oct. 29th cruise from NYC! Super excited. A little snafu that made the whole thing a little less magical though--we had to unbook and rebook the Oct. 29th cruise in order to retain our onboard booking OBC (transferred over from the original Jan 2016 cruise)--in the meantime the price went up several hundred dollars--grrrr.... Oh well, I can't worry about it now, just looking forward (WAAAAAYYY forward) to cruising again! YEAH!

:welcome:Welcome aboard!!! Join us here! http://www.disboards.com/threads/october-29-2016-disney-magic-ny.3412751/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter