• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising in a week and son is sick!!

luvdiz

Mouseketeer
We just found out that my son has pneumonia!! I feel so bad for him. He wants to go on this trip so badly. We meet with the doctor in the morning to find out what we're going to do, but right now it looks like we may have to cancel! We have a week to get him better...

I would think a whole week would be enough for him to get well enough to go.
Take it VERY easy next week and hopefully you won't have to cancel.
Sorry

I sure hope your DS gets to feeling better and you don't have to cancel. I too would keep it easy this week.:hug:

Thank you so much!! We went to the hospital for a chest x-ray, but haven't had a chance to ask the dr. many questions yet. We will go in tomorrow morning. Say a little prayer that we can still go!!!!

Oh poor thing. I have this now, and feel AWFUL..

I will say mega prayers that he is well enough to go..:grouphug: :grouphug:

Prayers and Pixie dust coming your way! Hope all works out for you! And hope your son feels much better soon! :) pixiedust:

When my DS was young, he had pneumonia quite a few times. Once he was started on antibiotics it cleared pretty quickly. You can help also by doing some patting on his back to keep everything loosened up etc. Kids seem to get better very quickly! Hopefully all goes alright!

My 3 year daughter had pneumonia on our first Disney cruise a week prior to sailing. The doctor told us she was okay to go and gave us some antibiotics. She still had a some cough by the time we board and we limited her time in or around water to minimum. She still had alot of fun playing in sand and taking in the cruise ship and surrounding. Hope everything's turns out okay with you! We're sailing in 3 weeks and I pray to god both of my kids don't get sick!

I would hate for this to happen to anyone! Here is some pixie dust for you :thumbsup2
:wizard: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: :wizard:

Lots of :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for your DS!

I know exactly what you are going through! We sail on the Magic tomorrow, and just found out last night that DD has an ear infection. :( The doctor said no swimming for 7-10 days! :faint: I'm hoping that after having meds in her for a few days, plus using ear plugs, she'll be fine for our snorkeling excursion and swimming with the dolphins on Tuesday and Wednesday. :(

Thank you all so much!!

We're going to go to the doctor later today and I'll let you know!!

We are supposed to leave tomorrow afternoon for WDW for a few days at the park before the cruise. Who knows what will happen!

He has an ear infection as well. I hadn't even focused on that yet!!

Thank you all so much!!

We're going to go to the doctor later today and I'll let you know!!

We are supposed to leave tomorrow afternoon for WDW for a few days at the park before the cruise. Who knows what will happen!

He has an ear infection as well. I hadn't even focused on that yet!!

Hmmmm the pneumonia if not to bad you could get by with but the ear infection is another story when flying. Did you get the travelers insurance? we always get that because you just never now....

I will say a big prayer for you right now so that the Dr. says go ahead.

Okay big prayer just sent out....:thumbsup2

Have a great time if you can go:cool1:

We got the go ahead!!!!

He said that his lungs sound really good and that he thinks he'll be feeling great by the time we cruise.

I REALLY appreciate all of the positive thoughts and prayers!!

Now, back to packing...

Great news!! :dance3:

I hope that the FL trip and cruise are just what the doctor ordered. Have fun!!

We got the go ahead!!!!

He said that his lungs sound really good and that he thinks he'll be feeling great by the time we cruise.

Now, back to packing...

That's wonderful!!!:banana:

We got the go ahead!!!!

Now, back to packing...

such good news!:dance3:

take it easy .... let this vacation be a restful one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter