Cruising during the Summer Months??

Sammy

DIS Veteran
Hi all...

I am wondering how hot it is cruising the Caribbean during the Summer months. I'd like to do a cruise sometime next year, but want to avoid the craziness of winter and spring school vacations. Is Summer considered "off-season" for pricing? How about the crowds onboard? Will it be unbearably hot in the ports of call? What about Eastern vs. Western?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thx,
Sammy

Summer is the very peak of peak.....probably, except for Christmas, the highest priced time of year to cruise....also, summer tends to be among the busiest time of year onboard, although lately it seems that every cruise sells out...

Summer is also without a doubt, "sultry" in the Caribbean....very very hot and humid.....

If you have the flexibility to cruise any time you like, I recommend the following times of year in order of preference, with respect to lowest pricing/nicest weather, and possibility of fewer crowds.....

1) 2nd week of December (cruise just before official Christmas cruise)
2) entire month of October
3) Early May
4) Early November

Eastern or Western is really a personal choice...I like the ports of call better on the western, but some like the extra sea day better on the Eastern

We cruised during the first week of August. Yes it was hot, but not unbearable. We had great weather the entire week -- the seas were calm. By doing it the first week of August, you do get a little break on the price - it is cheaper than July -- but I don't know if I would cruise much beyond that first week. You are rolling the dice with hurricane season. Wouldn't hesitate to do that again because we are limited to traveling on school vacations.

Howdy,
The temperature in the caribbean only varies about 5 degrees all year long. But the summer months are the rainy season, usually that means afternoon thunderstorms. The rain is warm and it does give a temporary coolness to the air. It's a little more humid in the summer. Last year with the hurricanes severals ships had to change their iteneraries while at sea, some stayed out a couple of extra days and here in florida they had to dock at fort lauderdale instead of port canaveral for several weeks. Something to consider.
Since the ship has the same capacity all year round the crowds on the ship will not change. The ratio odfchildren to adults may be higher during school breaks. We have traveled year round, but prefer december because the ship is decorated so nicely, so is cc.
You'll have a great time, any time of the year.
mom x4,grandma x4 :earboy2: :earboy2: :cheer2: :earboy2:

Several years ago, we did a July 31 cruise. It was 106 in Orlando on the day we left. The railing on the verandah was so hot that we couldn't touch it.

I swore off summer trips to WDW after that...pool water too hot to be fun, etc.....so why am I doing an August cruise this year?????? 14 days is too good to miss!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter