• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising during DCP? Alums?

Cj Fantasmic

Earning My Ears
Hey all! I heard about crazy discounts offered to cast members, and I was wondering if any DCP alums ever went on a cruise during their program.
So... Has anyone been on a cruise during their DCP?
I would love to know :) and have a few questions as well!

I went on a cruise... didn't use my cast discount though. My friend and I were able to get a fantastic deal on a cruise in August less than a month before the cruise set sail. I was beginning my second CP the week after our cruise ended (actually two days after) and she was finishing her first CP the day before our cruise left. It worked out perfectly!

We went on a five day Bahamian cruise on the Wonder (before the Dream came out). Absolutely the BEST way to vacation EVER! We spent $500 each which I thought was a good deal. Probably could have gotten a better deal through Cast Discount, but since it was between our CPs, we didn't want to risk not having an ID to get on board.

Anyway... thought I'd respond. I'm interested to hear about more experiences as I'm definitely planning on going on another Disney Cruise. Seriously... cruising has ruined all other vacations ever. I've never been so relaxed in my life.

The cruise discounts are awesome - I've always wanted to go! Just remember that in order to get the discount you have to have been a cast member for at least 90 days.

I went on a cruise... didn't use my cast discount though. My friend and I were able to get a fantastic deal on a cruise in August less than a month before the cruise set sail. I was beginning my second CP the week after our cruise ended (actually two days after) and she was finishing her first CP the day before our cruise left. It worked out perfectly!

We went on a five day Bahamian cruise on the Wonder (before the Dream came out). Absolutely the BEST way to vacation EVER! We spent $500 each which I thought was a good deal. Probably could have gotten a better deal through Cast Discount, but since it was between our CPs, we didn't want to risk not having an ID to get on board.

Anyway... thought I'd respond. I'm interested to hear about more experiences as I'm definitely planning on going on another Disney Cruise. Seriously... cruising has ruined all other vacations ever. I've never been so relaxed in my life.

I actually went on my first cruise ever with my family this past summer on the Dream! haha, i agree, it was sooooo relaxing, we didn't worry about anything when we were on the Dream! I can't wait till we go on another cruise! Lol, I'm hoping to go with a bunch of CPers. that would be an amazing experience! Thanks for responding :)

The cruise discounts are awesome - I've always wanted to go! Just remember that in order to get the discount you have to have been a cast member for at least 90 days.

Oh yeah, I've heard about that! I wasn't planning on trying to go on a cruise early on anyways, that would be crazy! I need to get used to my job first of all, and get the hang of things :) Are you doing the DCP?

What's the discount on cruises for CPs, if you don't mind me asking?

It's actually the same for all cast members and I'm not totally sure, but it's a lot. You book via the Hub (which is the Disney website you use for basically everything) and it's for space available cruises, so it's not very far in advance. Like I said, I've never done it, but I bet lots of other people have and they can give you a lot more details about it.

Oh yeah, I've heard about that! I wasn't planning on trying to go on a cruise early on anyways, that would be crazy! I need to get used to my job first of all, and get the hang of things Are you doing the DCP?

Nope! I actually did a college program almost two years ago (dang time flies!) and have been seasonal/campus rep ever since. But I will be doing a professional internship next semester and I'm so excited to go back!

How long do benefits last after you have finished your college program? I don't think we'd get enough time off to go on a cruise during the program...?

One of my roommates managed to get the time off to go on a five day cruise during her program. It's risky though, since there's no guarantee Disney will give you that time off. I imagine it depends a lot on where you've been assigned to work and how many people are available to cover for you.

How long do benefits last after you have finished your college program? I don't think we'd get enough time off to go on a cruise during the program...?

You will need to have a current ID to go on the cruise. So you would have to be seasonal to book it after the CP

Nope! I actually did a college program almost two years ago (dang time flies!) and have been seasonal/campus rep ever since. But I will be doing a professional internship next semester and I'm so excited to go back!

wow!! :) Which Professional internship? I'm hoping and wishing that I get to do one after the DCP. Was the interviewing process similar or was it a lot different? or harder?

One of my roommates managed to get the time off to go on a five day cruise during her program. It's risky though, since there's no guarantee Disney will give you that time off. I imagine it depends a lot on where you've been assigned to work and how many people are available to cover for you.

I imagine it would be risky! But your roommate was lucky to get time off for that!

You will need to have a current ID to go on the cruise. So you would have to be seasonal to book it after the CP

So...with seasonal, you're still get the benefits of a regular cast member?

So...with seasonal, you're still get the benefits of a regular cast member?

Yes. As seasonal, you still get the discounts, free admission, ect. However, you have to work 150 hours a year to keep your status.

I went on the Disney cruise when I was 9... so I don't remember much other than that it was awesome.
I remember checking the cruises on the hub all the time but they were always 7 day or not leaving from Florida and now they have a bunch of 3 or 4 day cruises but I can't go! So I'm hoping they'll have some good ones open during my spring break!!! I'd have to get my new id though hopefully as campus rep first!

wait, does that mean for wdw resorts too? not for me, but for family and friends if they plan on coming down. my program is only about 150 days long so if i have to wait 90 that's pretty much all at the end of my program. i've never heard of this until now.

DD is there now and said she can book a cruise for an amazing $80 a night.

wait, does that mean for wdw resorts too? not for me, but for family and friends if they plan on coming down. my program is only about 150 days long so if i have to wait 90 that's pretty much all at the end of my program. i've never heard of this until now.

No, you can start to reserve hotels as soon as you have access to the hub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter