Cruises keep getting cancelled

I took the refund after my latest cruise cancelled.

We have 3x cruises booked for the summer. I'm 99.9% sure all will get canceled. I'm taking the refunds.
Then with that $ I'll PIF our Nov 2021 Merrytime cruise and if that gets cancelled (I put the odds at 50/50) I will 125% it towards paying for our 2022 wbpc.
Sad that there'll be no summer cruising for us but I saved a good chunk of $

We have 3x cruises booked for the summer. I'm 99.9% sure all will get canceled. I'm taking the refunds.
Then with that $ I'll PIF our Nov 2021 Merrytime cruise and if that gets cancelled (I put the odds at 50/50) I will 125% it towards paying for our 2022 wbpc.
We are scheduled to be on a November 2021 Merrytime Cruise. (wanted to make the grand slam before the Wish joined the fleet) I also booked a May 2022 Hawaii cruise. If the November Cruise does not sail, I will see if I can apply the money directly to Hawaii in 2022. If they can't apply it directly, they can refund me and I will turn around and give it right back. hahahahahha That sounds crazy as I type it!!

I have two cancelled now and, if the Wonder doesn't make it over to 'Diego, our HOTHS in October will make 3 cancellations. The problem is DCL hasn't extended the limit date on the FCC. At this point, I can't book anything in the US >7 days so it's almost not worth it to pay non-opening day prices. Especially since I'm stuck with the dregs of leftover rooms and will be having to fight against all the other new cancellations today wanting the same limited pool of rooms. Yeah, 25% is nice but, at this point, it's not worth the hassle. Paying 10K+ for 5 days seems silly when that's 10+ days in Anaheim or Aulani. I wouldn't even want to think about the 42K for the Norwegian sailing.

I have two cancelled now and, if the Wonder doesn't make it over to 'Diego, our HOTHS in October will make 3 cancellations. The problem is DCL hasn't extended the limit date on the FCC. At this point, I can't book anything in the US >7 days so it's almost not worth it to pay non-opening day prices. Especially since I'm stuck with the dregs of leftover rooms and will be having to fight against all the other new cancellations today wanting the same limited pool of rooms. Yeah, 25% is nice but, at this point, it's not worth the hassle. Paying 10K+ for 5 days seems silly when that's 10+ days in Anaheim or Aulani. I wouldn't even want to think about the 42K for the Norwegian sailing.

FCC is effectively good on all currently available cruises though. I don’t imagine they will extend it until they release summer 2022. I suspect that an FCC extension will happen around that time to encourage new bookings.

I have a Trans Atlantic booked but CDC said no cruises over 7 days will happen for years.

Just had my 3rd cruise cancelled. My wife and I talked about cancelling but we were the 1st set of cruises cancelled so we got 150% which is hard to give up. :)

We're going to keep our FCC even after the next cancellation and use it for summer 2022. Ideally, Disney will announce those sailings before our PIF date and we'll just move our money from this summer to next.

I have a Trans Atlantic booked but CDC said no cruises over 7 days will happen for years.
Where did you see that? I thought the more than 7 day restriction was only until November of this year.
Exactly. I'll also point out the "no longer than 7 nights" restriction only applies to cruises that port in a US port. Cruises that start/finish out of the US, with no US stops have no length restrictions.

I asked for a refund after our second cancelation mainly because I don't want to cruise with the restrictions I believe will be put into effect to sail again. Sure its disappointing but then so isn't everything else in the past year.

I actually called to get refunded last month and the CM was trying to get me to keep the cruise lol. She was very convincing and reminded me of a used car salesman. She kept pushing how I'll lose my 125% (which isn't a whole lot considering it was taken from a 4-night cruise) and how it's good until '22 and things will be better by then. Not sure if anyone else ran into some difficulty getting their refunds processed. In the end, I gave in and said I'll keep the FCC.

That was almost 2 months ago and things are not any better (aside from the slow vaccine rollout) so I'm very close to calling again and getting my money back at this point. Sept seems like a long time from now but it's really not and it's looking like nothing will be sailing and if they are back up and running....who knows where they'll even go at this point with so many ports closed off.

We're going to keep our FCC even after the next cancellation and use it for summer 2022. Ideally, Disney will announce those sailings before our PIF date and we'll just move our money from this summer to next.
I've read that DCL waits a week or so AFTER PIF and then cancels. Considering how they've pushed it to 60 days out, you may have to pay and then move it. Makes sense from their standpoint - get as much cashflow in before giving a future credit.

I've read that DCL waits a week or so AFTER PIF and then cancels. Considering how they've pushed it to 60 days out, you may have to pay and then move it. Makes sense from their standpoint - get as much cashflow in before giving a future credit.

The cruises that were just cancelled were for April/May... all of them were more than 60 days out so I'm not sure what you mean. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter