[cruise update] Here is Adventure ... Celebrating my 20th visit 6/15

While the food was good, I've definitely had better Italian at both Disney (Il Mulino & Tutto Italia) & here in Naples (which is home to like 100 Italian restaurants)

Okay! Good to know. Ooh, Tutto Italia :love:
We are changing up a few things here and there, though. We'll try it just to say we did.

Lol, we haven't been to any of your choices! And I still haven't gotten tothe Boardwalk. I don't think I could convince the kids to go resort hopping yet.

Lol, we haven't been to any of your choices! And I still haven't gotten tothe Boardwalk. I don't think I could convince the kids to go resort hopping yet.

I want to go to Kona one day very badly.. It's n my ADR wishlist :)

*Makes a note to include Food Details in my TR.*

Okay, time to play a game!
I realized a ton of people include a list of favorites in their PTRs, which is something I haven't done yet.

Dad's Favorites
Snacks: Dole whip & Pecos Bill [I'm counting it because we have a running joke in the family]
Rides: Mission: Space
Characters: Grumpy, Captain Jack Sparrow, & Davey Crockett

Mom's Favorites
Snacks: Dole whip
Rides: Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, & Soarin
Characters: Cinderella, Snow White, Maleficent & Minnie
Liz's Favorites
"Lol, why?"
"I've been on the DIS a lot, okay? You don't have to answer if you don't want to."
Snacks: I can't choose just one because there are so many.
Rides: Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, & Space Mountain
Characters: Rapunzel and Mulan

My Favorites
Snacks: Dole Whip, Churro, and Mickey Bars*
Rides: Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, Soarin' & Big Thunder Mountain
Characters: Mickey Mouse & Sleeping Beauty
We are very much a Dole Whip Family.
*I realize in one post I said I can't eat chocolate, and then I say Mickey Bars are one of my favorite snacks. There was a point in time when I had a Mickey Bar on every Disney trip, so it's mainly there for the nostalgia. But with the kidney thing, they're a very special occasion type of treat, if that makes sense.

Your Turn!
Join in with me, and share your favorite Disney Memory!
(Doesn't have to be parks related if you've never been before)
I have 3
1. On my tenth birthday, we did a split stay between AKL and WL. We checked into AKL on 10/31, and I fell in love during check in. I tugged my mom's shirt. "How long are we staying here?" "Until November third." "....oh ...." The receptionist behind the desk heard all of this, obviously, and asked why. I proudly told him, "my birthday is November fourth!" He pulled the necklace that was hidden underneath his costume, and the pendant was of a scorpion. A fellow scorpio. "Well, my birthday is November third!" And as a birthday present, he upgraded us to savannah view for free.

2. This one happened when I visited in January. We were spending our last day in Magic Kingdom. I may or may not have a cast member friend who drives the monorail. I texted this friend and told them we were getting ready to leave, having no idea if this person was driving at the time, or which monorail they were driving. While I was at the bus stop, I see monorail coral go by and I hear it honk. (Their horns sound like cruise ship horns, which is kind of hilarious.) Monorail coral is my favorite one. I found out awhile later that my friend was, in fact, driving monorail coral and honked for me.

3. When Green Dan from the Dapper Dans remembered me in March. I can't even begin to describe how magical that moment was.

So, what're your favorite memories?

Last edited:

My favorite memory.... hmmm... probably in 2009. We weren't in a park we were just hanging out at All Star Music and just swimming but I remember just sitting on the side of the pool and looking at my family smiling, laughing... It really made me realize this is THE happiest place on Earth :)

My favorite memory.... hmmm... probably in 2009. We weren't in a park we were just hanging out at All Star Music and just swimming but I remember just sitting on the side of the pool and looking at my family smiling, laughing... It really made me realize this is THE happiest place on Earth :)

My favorite memory - it's hard to pick, but I'll say our 1900 Park Fare dinner. Cinderella was the only character my daughter (then 3) was brave enough to talk to, the whole trip. Plus, everyone liked the food, and the rest of the characters were hilarious.

That's a very sweet memory! :wizard:

My favorite memory - it's hard to pick, but I'll say our 1900 Park Fare dinner. Cinderella was the only character my daughter (then 3) was brave enough to talk to, the whole trip. Plus, everyone liked the food, and the rest of the characters were hilarious.

Cinderella is a very good character to talk to! :goodvibes

Someone Send Help
Please!

I've been obsessed with the Tsum Tsums ever since I first heard of them last summer. I've played the game but never actually bought one.
I'm s-l-o-w-l-y falling in love with the mini Donald Duck one. :donald: Except my Target didn't have him today. :headache:

I can't justify buying one online and having to potentially pay more for shipping than on the actual item itself and I really only want just the one.

Help.

In case anyone is out there, I ended up buying the Donald and Pooh Bear. My only justification is that they're both the mini-sized ones. pooh:

I've been here- just working hard trying to get my souvenir money!! :)
Also- I never got the whole concept behind Tsum Tsum's... Hahah :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I've been here- just working hard trying to get my souvenir money!! :)
Also- I never got the whole concept behind Tsum Tsum's... Hahah :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Having a few years of employment under your belt helps with justifying an impulse purchase. I mean the idea is to buy enough to make stacks on stacks on stacks out of them. But that's SO MANY. I just really liked the Donald one. And Pooh Bear.

I can't really justify wanting any of the others.

Having a few years of employment under your belt helps with justifying an impulse purchase. I mean the idea is to buy enough to make stacks on stacks on stacks out of them. But that's SO MANY. I just really liked the Donald one. And Pooh Bear.

I can't really justify wanting any of the others.
I see :) Will you be posting a picture of them??

I will be once I get them! Especially on the insta, so as to not completely overwhelm everyone on the DIS. My followers can handle it lol.

http://www.disneystore.com/donald-duck-tsum-tsum-plush-mini-3-1/2/mp/1355194/1000267/ but here's Internet Donald. My package shipped today! Only a few more days for it to, I guess make it across the country.
Sweet, if you want (and if it's not creepy) PM your Insta user!
And that thing is soooo cute! i can see why you bought it lol!!

In case anyone is out there, I ended up buying the Donald and Pooh Bear. My only justification is that they're both the mini-sized ones. pooh:

First off, I think the cuteness of them justifies the purchase.
I always have to justify going to build a bear to build the new MLP's when they come out. And, thats normally the reason!

First off, I think the cuteness of them justifies the purchase.
I always have to justify going to build a bear to build the new MLP's when they come out. And, thats normally the reason!

I was never allowed to go inside build a bear.

SEND MORE HELP

This isn't exactly related to an impulse purchase this time. I'm graduating in exactly one month! :faint::faint:

IMG_6895.jpg

I picked up my cap and gown today. :faint::faint:

And now for the next big adventure: what the heck do I do to decorate it? I'm obviously thinking of sticking to a Disney theme, but I'm so torn. This morning I was dead set on "I can go the distance." But now, after perusing Pinterest, I kind of want to pay homage to one of my favorite rides - Big Thunder Mountain, and get stickers to say "PostGrad's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" With "Big Thunder Mining Co." underneath. I'm enough of a Disney freak that this would make sense.

Help please. I need to graduate so I can go to Disney!

Also, the gown is black. My academic hood is gold and maroon. I think a Big Thunder theme could match those colors.

My mom told me that whatever I do, I can't mimic high school. Four years ago, I cut apart a pair of Mickey ears :eek: and then taped them on top of my cap. It was hilarious, and probably expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter