• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise to Nowhere

princessnpirate

Mouseketeer
Hi -

Anyone been on one of these with DCL? What do they do for the couple of days?? I am curious how they handle restaurant rotations, etc...

I have never done this but in reading about Disney cruises, I believe it said there is no dining rotation on these type of cruises. I believe you are just assigned a dining location.

Linda

Hi -

Anyone been on one of these with DCL? What do they do for the couple of days?? I am curious how they handle restaurant rotations, etc...

Well, DCL has only had one 2 day cruise to nowhere so far. I think everybody just ate in the same dining room for both nights.

Usually, there isn't as much going on during such a short cruise.

:cutie:

I am planning of doing one of these next year, I hope they at least have a show....

We are doing one as well...I hope we are assigned to Animators Palate, I would hate to be on a Disney ship and not eat at my favorite restaurant!!!!

Hi -

I was on the Magic in January 2011 for the Cruise to Nowhere. The two days are like any other day at sea and the rotating dining is based on what you are assigned. As you may know you can always change your rotating dining plan on the first day if you have your heart set on a particular restaurant.

The downside to the Cruise to Nowhere was the large number of children (which appeared to be more then I've ever seen on my previous DCL cruises) and adults who appeared to only want to drink and eat like they have never eaten before. Oh yeah, be prepared to wait for a very, very, very long time to take any pictures with any of the characters. No Pirate night so don't get your hopes up on that.

If you decide to do a Cruise to Nowhere to purchase the subsequent cruise for the back to back experience which is what I did and highly recommend.

I hope this helps with your decision but don't think I'm down on these short cruises because I would definitely do it again.

I was also on the Jan "Cruise to Nowhere" There was no rotation of dining rooms and there was no show in Animators Palate. They picked two of their best shows to perform on the two evenings. Palos reservations was fairly competitive particularly for the brunch. We had a great time and it gave us a small booster while waiting for our next cruise. That said, it was short and you'll not want to get off at the end. If you book a subsequent cruise you'll be able to extend your experience and that would be a nice bonus. It will bring you once cruise closer to your next CC level if that means anything to you. It meant for us that we will be gold members before our cruise in Februrary.

I've said this lots of times. Because I booked early AND got an inside cabin, my two night cruise nearly paid for itself. Here's how I figure.

1. I paid $833 for the cruise.
2. I recieved $25 online booking credit.
3. I recieved $50 Disney Visa Credit.
4. I rebooked on board giving me $300 off my next cruise (Februrary 2012)
5. I got a rebooking OBC for $200
6. If I had thought (but I goofed on this one) I would have transferred the booking to DU and recieved another $100 OBC.

Total Discounts and credits: $675 and subtract that from the $833 that I paid and I really only paid $158 for the two night cruise. That's not even counting in the savings that I will realize due to becomming gold CC one cruise early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter