Cruise stocking stuffers

Shelby109

Mouseketeer
hello!! We are taking my mom on her very first cruise the day after Christmas. So excited! We are planning on putting cruise related things in her stocking. Right now we have Sea Bands, sea sickness meds (we don't know if she will be sick since she has not done a cruise before.), aspirin, etc.

Help me out! Any other ideas?!

Is this a New Year's Eve cruise? You could get party hats or glasses and stick one or the other in the stocking!

I agree! Do something FUN!!! I've never known "stocking stuffers" to be "useful" things - they're supposed to be fun! Not medicine! :P

I'm doing the same for my kiddos, so slightly different target, and I'm not aiming for practical items. It's a little more difficult for my tween, who doesn't have little kid tastes anymore. I have Disney gift cards for both kids - and if you buy them online, there are 2 cruise-specific cards (one has Mickey and Minnie, the other just Capt Mickey) - so that's one easy idea. If you happen to have a Charming Charlie near you, I actually found ship's wheel jewelry - necklace and earrings, silver toned, not garish or anything (they are very small ship's wheels). Pirate stuff is a good idea, if your mom is game to join in the costuming.

I got my dad the beer mug for his birthday, so I will add that the one bummer about buying DCL gifts via gifts and amenities is that you get no email to print, card, or anything that you would put in a stocking in advance. I did dictate a note for the card when I placed the order over the phone, but it's left with the mug (or whatever item you ordered) in their stateroom once you're on board.

Oh - and I am having fish extenders made for my parents' stateroom and ours, so maybe that, if you get something that can be rolled or folded up? I didn't sign up for an FE group b/c I thought it would be too much for our first DCL, but I do plan to put little things in them myself.

Not if this would be to Mom's tastes, but my kids like officer pin trading, and pins are a good size for stocking stuffers.

Cheap binoculars? , a small carry phone case for the wave room phone with a clip. Her favorite drink for her room if it is not on the no list. Like wine or a soft drink. A neck cushion.

I'm doing the same for my kiddos, so slightly different target, and I'm not aiming for practical items. It's a little more difficult for my tween, who doesn't have little kid tastes anymore. I have Disney gift cards for both kids - and if you buy them online, there are 2 cruise-specific cards (one has Mickey and Minnie, the other just Capt Mickey) - so that's one easy idea. If you happen to have a Charming Charlie near you, I actually found ship's wheel jewelry - necklace and earrings, silver toned, not garish or anything (they are very small ship's wheels). Pirate stuff is a good idea, if your mom is game to join in the costuming.

I got my dad the beer mug for his birthday, so I will add that the one bummer about buying DCL gifts via gifts and amenities is that you get no email to print, card, or anything that you would put in a stocking in advance. I did dictate a note for the card when I placed the order over the phone, but it's left with the mug (or whatever item you ordered) in their stateroom once you're on board.

Oh - and I am having fish extenders made for my parents' stateroom and ours, so maybe that, if you get something that can be rolled or folded up? I didn't sign up for an FE group b/c I thought it would be too much for our first DCL, but I do plan to put little things in them myself.

If I were doing this, I'd take a screen print of the picture and make a little card, maybe attach it to a chocolate bar or some other little thing, or even just make it gift card sized and put it in a gift card envelope... just an idea to make it something they can 'open'.

How about a gift certificate to her favorite mani/pedi place, unless you think she'd rather have it done on the ship.

Second the recommendation for the lanyard for her KTTW card, DCL hat or shirt??(order on line). Rainforest room day pass. Fun stuff! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter