Cruise Problems

korlows

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had any problems on a cruise and would you know about how to deal w/them when you get home?

well, I had an accident on deck 9.
I went to help open the door by the dink station for a woman in a wheel chair and i slipped.
Nurse was called to me on the spot...there was icepacks and an ace bandage and the ol' its gonna cost you 130$ to be seen by a doctor cause we don't take insurance etc.

My trip was completely ruined and we hadn't even left port yet!
I was in a wheel chair and my knee was imobolized the entire time.
That kind of problem....

oh my goodness ! I hope you are better now !

I am sure accidents happen quite often on a large ship like the Magic & Wonder.

Did you take out the insurance ? Will that cover this? How about your own insurance? would it reimburse? :confused3

I was not covered for up to 300$ cause its considered out of network (nice!) and no i didn't take out trip insurance, never have cause I never knew what it was really about. I thought it was just a gimmick to make extra money.

Wheel chair accesibility was severly limited and actually made it worse on the transport to Nassau.... the bus driver hit me w/my own wheel chair!
It was horrible. They KNOW how bad it was cause i went to GS to complain immediately following.

I used my DVC points and at this point I would like to be reimbursed some, if not all my points. Plus I want reimbursement for that excursion. The floor was wet by that door and it shouldn't have been.... or it should have been closed off. I figure if I can't open a door for someone w/o slipping then there's got to be something done in that area.

Any thoughts?

I am not the sue type but I do want sometghing back.

I don't think you will be able to get your points back because DVC and DCL are different entities. Once DVC converted your points and you took the cruise, you can't get them back. If you had trip insurance it would cover your expenses and probably reimburse some of your trip cost in dollars.

The easiest and quickest way to resolve this type of issue is on the ship. I realize that you are on vacation and who wants to spend their trip trying to get this sorted out. At this point, you can contact DCL and state your claim and see what happens. I would make sure to outline what happened, when, where, who on the ship you had contact with, and specifically ask for the compensation your desire. Good luck and I hope you are better.

Thanks Snow White! I have done all that you mentioned. Satiurday it will be 1 week since i sent both DVC & DCL an email account of all that happened. Noone has even called me.
:-(
I really feel so deflated and bummed out. I still have problems w/my leg. we'll see what the MRI shows.
I can't believe i have to wait a whole year again to try and get back on that cruise.
I do still love Disney!
Lets hope some of that magic comes my way!
Thanks
Korlows!

Well, I ended up with a torn MCL and cartlidge and am still workin on getting better. Boy the body sure does take some time to heal. Physical therapy 2-3xs a week. Yay me!
Well, I did finally get in touch w/someone at DCL. We'll see where this all goes. I am not the type to ask for anything back much less sue for things so this is gonna be weird. :worship: I LOVE WDW, DVC and DCL so hopefully i will get to re-do our vacation on them. We were all pretty disappointed.
I have faith and trust now all i need is the pixie dust!
Ha!
Thanks for everyones ideas!
:scared: :wizard: :goodvibes :grouphug:

I wanted to comment about the "it was wet and it shouldn't have been". The drink station is right next to the pool, isn't it? That's what I remember anyway. And, being near a pool and near a drink station that must get hosed down a lot to keep it clean, if they cordoned off the area everytime it was wet, it would rarely be open.

I am truly sorry for your accident and cannot imagine you nad your family's disappointment for your vacation being totally ruined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter