Cruise Not using points

you get a bag of assorted stuff in your room som eof it is nice...
there are also give aways at different times--hats pins art prints etc.
you can win gift cards if you go to the meetings which you will also find out when the give away the stuff above.
But this is the same paying cash or points...

You will get a gift and door magnets. You will also get a phone call everyday reminding you to stop by the DVC desk for that days giveaway.

If you don't get the member magnet and you want one, stop by the DVC desk. The member meetings are open to you and you could win prizes and have some refreshments.

You will get a gift and door magnets. You will also get a phone call everyday reminding you to stop by the DVC desk for that days giveaway.
Do they know you're a DVC member because your name matches a list or do they ask you when you board or do you need to have your TA list it on your reservation under 'notes' in order to get the magnet?
Just re-booked the fall West Coast Repo cruise :yay: for cash and wouldn't mind getting some member stuff.

Do they know you're a DVC member because your name matches a list or do they ask you when you board or do you need to have your TA list it on your reservation under 'notes' in order to get the magnet?
Just re-booked the fall West Coast Repo cruise :yay: for cash and wouldn't mind getting some member stuff.

Nope, they just know! I think they match your name and address. I'm assuming that's how it works. They just knew about us, but we did not use a TA. I would also go to the "Members Only" meeting. It's a sales pitch, but they give away some cool stuff and free drinks! :banana:

P.S. taaren, I just saw your location. I hope everyone there is OK!

Do DVC members get any special perks or treatment when booking a cruise paying cash?:goodvibes

Well, there are a few perks... You get a free goodie (we got a wooden box with a pin in it). And you get invited to a little gathering for members in one of the lounges at some point. They know you are a DVC member even if you don't tell them. :) And yes, there is a magnet on the door.... They do this even if you pay cash (or points).

Katherine

If you pay for your cruise with points are taxes and port charges included?

What if anything else would you have to pay for?

I know tips and of course anything you buy on board(drinks, Palo,)

Thank you.

If you pay for your cruise with points are taxes and port charges included?

What if anything else would you have to pay for?

I know tips and of course anything you buy on board(drinks, Palo,)

Thank you.

If you pay with points, it's like booking a DVC villa. All you deal with are points. All taxes and port charges are rolled into the points. There may be the non-refundable transaction fee, but it's only $95 I think.

Is it even possible to attempt to get Disney cruise reservations for a cruise in the next few months? I need to use up some points and was going to attempt to get reservations for a 3 day cruise at the end of May.

Do you it's even possible?

If you pay with points, it's like booking a DVC villa. All you deal with are points. All taxes and port charges are rolled into the points. There may be the non-refundable transaction fee, but it's only $95 I think.

Yes that is how much we had to pay....the $95.00 transaction fee.

Is it even possible to attempt to get Disney cruise reservations for a cruise in the next few months? I need to use up some points and was going to attempt to get reservations for a 3 day cruise at the end of May.

Never say never but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Back in August 2010 DVC had reached its maximum booking allotment on the Dream for more than a year forward. As of that point they stopped taking new bookings on the Dream for sailing dates through September 30, 2011.

Availability is also pretty slim if you look at disneycruiseline.com. Few cabins available and pretty high rates.

I'd suggest making inquiries with DVC ASAP so that you can figure out what to do with the points before you get yourself in a bind.

Never say never but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Back in August 2010 DVC had reached its maximum booking allotment on the Dream for more than a year forward. As of that point they stopped taking new bookings on the Dream for sailing dates through September 30, 2011.

Availability is also pretty slim if you look at disneycruiseline.com. Few cabins available and pretty high rates.

I'd suggest making inquiries with DVC ASAP so that you can figure out what to do with the points before you get yourself in a bind.

I agree, the allotted cruise points are very minimal for each ship and each sailing. However, you can do a mix of points and cash so I would call Disney right away and see if you can even pay one person with points. That will help you burn some of your points, hopefully. But don't wait! Kath

I booked last week for the 7 ngt Eastern the end of July 2012. I payed cash for one adult and used points for the other. I tried to book for this summer back in Dec. and was told there was no availabity if using points even though I was 8 months out. This time I gave them 1 1/2 years!!! :banana:

I've been told by fellow DVC members and DVC itself that points cannot be used this year, and possibly part of next year, for DCL cruises. Friends of ours who are crusing on the Wonder next month wanted to use points when they booked last year but were told that they could not book using DVC points. I'm guessing there was a huge glut of new DVC members who were getting the complementary DCL cruise with their purchase. I'm hoping to book DCL using points for late 2012 when the new itineraries come out in the next couple weeks.

Jan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter