Cruise Newbie Question about Concierge Level

I cant speak to the preferred seating as we always request certain servers depending on the boat we are on, so we end up in whatever section they are working at the time.

My parents booked a one bedroom suite on the Fantasy for our January cruise and I know that they won't board separately from the rest of us...I'm assuming they don't let our whole party (10 people) board with my parents at the concierge boarding area??

My parents booked a one bedroom suite on the Fantasy for our January cruise and I know that they won't board separately from the rest of us...I'm assuming they don't let our whole party (10 people) board with my parents at the concierge boarding area??

You are correct. If you want to board together, your parents would board with the rest of the party, not the other way around.

Odd--but who knows what happened? All I can say is that both times we sailed Concierge we sat in the teacup table for 2 both times--w/o even asking.

And shoreside did tell us that Concierge folks are assigned the "most experienced" servers.

Odd--but who knows what happened? All I can say is that both times we sailed Concierge we sat in the teacup table for 2 both times--w/o even asking.

And shoreside did tell us that Concierge folks are assigned the "most experienced" servers.

On our cruise last September, there is zero chance that we had a "most experienced" service team. I think that this is another DCL "Urban Legend."

I don't think this is true either. On our 1st and 3rd concierge cruises we had amazing servers, but on our 2nd one they were less than impressive.

On our cruise last September, there is zero chance that we had a "most experienced" service team. I think that this is another DCL "Urban Legend."

I don't think this is true either. On our 1st and 3rd concierge cruises we had amazing servers, but on our 2nd one they were less than impressive.

I have always had fantastic servers and fantastic stateroom hosts, I believe its true, but sometimes things happen, it was interesting to go back to back on cruises. so same ship, same servers, same location. Week one fantastic, fast service great servers, and all cruisers were in on time for dinner at 5.45pm.

Second cruise, we seemed to have a different mix of cultures and backgrounds, my servers got a bit bogged down with latecomers, the CD was making announcements for people to be on time and some were coming in 30 minutes late.

So we said to our servers do not worry with introductions or explanations of the best food on the menu their tips just deliver. They did and it allowed them time with the other demanding people who were late.

I have always had fantastic servers and fantastic stateroom hosts, I believe its true, but sometimes things happen, it was interesting to go back to back on cruises. so same ship, same servers, same location. Week one fantastic, fast service great servers, and all cruisers were in on time for dinner at 5.45pm.

Second cruise, we seemed to have a different mix of cultures and backgrounds, my servers got a bit bogged down with latecomers, the CD was making announcements for people to be on time and some were coming in 30 minutes late.

So we said to our servers do not worry with introductions or explanations of the best food on the menu their tips just deliver. They did and it allowed them time with the other demanding people who were late.

I will agree with you about the stateroom hosts. Ours have always been incredible!!!

Agreed. We were concierge last July & while we had great tables, our main server was very rushed & "going through the motions." The asst server was great with my kids though.

Warning: If you do concierge as your first cruise on the newer ship....It is habit forming

Not for everyone. :)

I hate to admit it but I don't think I could go again without staying concierge. The level of service that I experienced was second to none.

Ah but you don't know how much was concierge and how much was just cruiseship personnel.

We started with concierge, then went Inside, then concierge again, and on the last one we had a fabulous one-large-porthole room. They have ALL been good.

I'm actually not sure what room hosts are doing to get noticed; none of our room hosts on DCL have been memorable LOL. The one room host we've had that we actually remember was on Freedom of the Seas; she was great, she got us an extension cord when I forgot to ask for one and they originally said they had none, and she kept changing how she said DS's name LOL. But on DCL I cannot remember a name or a face at all, in terms of room hosts.

But cruise personnel are terrific across the board in our opinion.

If you never take a non concierge cruise, you'll never know. :)

IF we ever take another Disney cruise (we prefer Royal's ships, aesthetics, price, and personnel), honestly my fave room on Dream has been the one-large-porthole room!

Did they have robes for kids too?

Nope. My son is now 5' tall so he'd fit into one by height, but they are rather spacious. Though not spacious enough for a man who wears 3x shirts. Oh well!

As for those "tea cup" tables at EG, you can have 'em! Awful things. Gotta remember the step down and you don't get to *see* them when sitting in them, and looking AT them is the nice part. (I think I wrote that in my first reply but for me it's worth saying again LOL)

Another question: Does Shoreside Concierge contact you first or do you contact them (125 days out)? I already have a list started of requests.:sail:

We received an email letting us know when we can send in booking requests. If your request is not something that is in the booking window (birthdays etc) you can request now. REmeber the emails that are sent at 125 days are time stamped and first come first serve! Have fun!

We splurged and did concierge for our 30th anniversary trip on the Dream. It was our 11th trip. It was nice but don't think I'd do it again unless I got an amazing deal. I like our cat 8 rooms best.

The room host was just OK. Never got any of the special H20 concierge products just the normal ones except the last day we got the shower gel. I asked for a lounger for our verandah (extended one) from shoreside and didn't get it. The chairs didn't even have a moveable back.

Got the cabana and it was wonderful but also got one on our following cruise without being in concierge.

Never had any fruit in the room but had a plate of cookies dropped off. I could call room service if I wanted the cookies. Never got anything special for our anniversary - maybe it was the cookies and I didn't realize!

The sun deck is an open area with loungers and no shade. I'm not a sun worshiper so that didn't work for me. There was never more than 2 people up there at any one time.

The food in the lounge was good but always seemed to be running out. If you weren't there when they first put it out, you would have to wait for more to arrive. I felt like I had to compete with concierge guests to get food in time to make our plans, otherwise you sat and waited for the food and then a mad rush to get in line for it.

At our arrival meeting in the lounge on the first day, I asked about rebooking another cruise. I was given a day and time that they would have the re-booking agent in the lounge. I showed up but none of the hosts made the appt with the agent. I had to wait until they called and got him up to the lounge. That was the only thing I asked for during that meeting.

We had done all 4 ships that year and the Dream was my least favorite ship/trip.

Unless I want to be pretty much guaranteed a cabana, I'll probably never go concierge again. For the price of a concierge cruise I can take 2 or 3 "steerage" cruises. I love the concierge staff. I love the location. I don't love the price.

Just heard back from Concierge for our upcoming Fantasy Cruise on 10/31. Got a cabana, Palo and Remy reservations, 4 SPa treatments, two tours, the dining rotation we wanted and a table for 2. ALL done ahead of time by Concierge.

I do agree about the private sun deck--could use more shade or even maybe a small "foot pool". The misting is pretty useless. The area was nice tho for the two private character meets they hosted.

And to add that when we rebooked on the ship last cruise, the Concierge host did it all--no rebooking agent necessary.

Just heard back from Concierge for our upcoming Fantasy Cruise on 10/31. Got a cabana, Palo and Remy reservations, 4 SPa treatments, two tours, the dining rotation we wanted and a table for 2. ALL done ahead of time by Concierge.

I do agree about the private sun deck--could use more shade or even maybe a small "foot pool". The misting is pretty useless. The area was nice tho for the two private character meets they hosted.

And to add that when we rebooked on the ship last cruise, the Concierge host did it all--no rebooking agent necessary.
Glad you got your requests... Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter