• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise Newbie...many ????s!

TinkerChelle

Happy Mommy of 2
We are contemplating a cruise in Feb. instead of our WDW trip. We are thinking about the 4 night cruise.

What is included in the price...all meals and non-alcoholic drinks?? All on ship entertainment is included in price...even movies? What about excursions? I assume we have to pay for any rentals during excursions.

Any info you would like to pass along would be appreciated. What is the weather like in Jan. or Feb.???

How casual or dressy do you need to dress really??

By the way, I tried to use the search and it wasn't working for me. Please help:p

Oh yeah, How much should we expect to pay???

Thanks

Welcome and hopefully I can help with some answers.

On the ship, all meals, room service (tip for person not included) and snacks are included. The only dining area that have an extra charge is Palo (reservation required), $5 per person plus additional gratuities if desired, you find many opinions on this here. Coffee, tea is on deck 9, 24 hours.

Entertainment is included, so the kids club (you did not say if you have kids). Nursery is extra.

Meals on Castaway Cay is also included.

Alcohol, wine is extra, price plus 15% tip. Soft drink is included during meals. You can buy mugs to get refills for the duration of the cruise. Specialty coffee is extra also plus 15% tip.

You have a dress night during one of your dinning rotations, jacket recommended and also at Palos. Other dinning the request is that no shorts...again many opinions on that.

Spas, internet access, excursions, photos, is extra cost.

The trip cost depends on time of year travelling and also how far in advance you book. Check out DCL and DU and other have used COSTCO, AAA.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN PLANNING. Here are two sites to help with more details.

www.dcltribute.com
www.castawayclub.com

Soda's are only free at the sit down resturants - during meal time. All other places they are $1.50 plus 15% gratuity. OR you can purchase a mug on the 4 day for $20 -- which includes unlimited refills.

Just wanted to add...we always used to cruise in january or February and really enjoyed the weather then. Never too hot. The water is a bit cool, but I think the only place we hit rain was a brief shower at Grand Caymen.
You will have a great time!

Jody:
I never knew that soft drinks were free at the seated restaurants! When we sailed last December my kids never ordered a drink 'cause I told them that they cost too much! I learn something new from these boards everyday!

On our 7-day in two weeks, I'll let them order 'em!

Chip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter