Cruise, Islands or WDW???

JayCT

DIS Veteran
For the last month or so DW and I have been discussing what to do with a little extra cash we have. We first thought about a quick trip to WDW right before the kids (DS8, DS7) went back to school. Then we thought about going in December for a couple of days. Then we thought about taking a cruise during February vacation. Then we checked into resorts like Club Med or Beaches. These all ended up costing around $8000 when all is said and done.

For that money, should consider just going to WDW?

We were there in May with the kids and they loved it. we did too. The reason we did not think to go back is that February vacation is one of the busiest times of the year. However, since we were just there, there is nothing to say that we need to go to the parks every day and ride all of the rides. We could just go early and pick the few rides we liked best.

I had posted on these Boards earlier asking for suggestions of other vacations, but really only got the usual cruises or resorts. If anyone has any interesting suggestions, I would appreciate them. Thanks Jay

How about all three? You can go to Disney for 3 or 4 days, then take a cruise to the Bahamas or Carribean. Disney offers land/sea packages where you can do 3 or 4 day cruises after your disney vacation. I would probably do a 4 day cruise. They also have 7 day cruises available. If you can't afford the Disney cruise, many other cruise lines also leave from Port Caneveral. You can read about more specifics on the Cruise Board. The Disney cruise line actually is rated very high compared to other cruise lines, and that would be my choice. If I had older kids (mine are toddlers), I might look into Carnival or Royal Carribean. One advantage of staying onsite at Disney and then going on one of their cruises is you just have to check in once at your Disney resort. The packages also offer transportation from Disney to Port Caneveral and back.

I think the only really crowded time at Disney in February is Presidents Day Weekend. If you plan right, you could do your cruise during this part of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter