Cruise invitation- best $3 I've ever spent

Emilysmom

LovemyDVC
Just wanted to share this with you guys. I went online to the card store (www.cardstore.com) and made an invitation to send to my daughter from the Disney Princesses, inviting her to the cruise. (I just uploaded a free clipart of the Disney Princesses and then wrote the invitation from them- you can put in any return address you want). My daughter got the invitation yesterday, and I am surprised that the neighbors didn't call the police from all of the screaming and hysterics. She was more excited than I have ever seen her before in my life. It is a cute way to get the kiddos excited about the cruise (or trip to WDW), and it made it extra special for her that she received a personal invitation from the princesses! Just thought that others might be interested in making one for their little princes and princesses, too.
I hope that it is OK to post the name of the online invitation store. I have no affiliation with it. There are probably other stores that do the same thing as well. If it is not, OK, please let me know, and I can delete the name. Thanks!

What a great idea! I have tears in my eyes reading it. I am picturing your DD, as well as yourself...:hug:

I would love to see the invitation that you created, is there any way you could share? :goodvibes

Hi! I am not able to find the card on the website because it is not recognizing me as a registered user. Maybe I did it as a guest when I created the card on the website. Anyway, I have submitted a request to cardstore's tech support asking if they can get a copy of the card in their system. If so, I will post it or PM it to you.

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I wish I would have thought of it. Wonder if I still have time to get it to the kiddos before we leave for the 9/1 double dip?

Hi, Jennifer.

Where did you get the clipart? & how did you insert it?

Thanks.

I just did an images search for "Disney Princesses" through yahoo, and there were a lot of choices. If you would like the one that I used, please let me know, and I wil PM it to you. I don't think that I should post the actual image here because it is not my own clipart, and I don't want to do anything wrong in terms of copyrights, etc. The one that I used has Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine, Ariel, and Snow White. It is 166KB. Please note that I had to search for a while to find one that I could use because it has to have a high enough resolution (look for a high # kb file), or the card store says that it does not recommend that you use it. Even the one that I used only showed that it was "acceptable" when I ordered, but it came out fine on the card. I just used a card with a border so that the picture was a little smaller. It was really cute! When you create the card, there is a choice for "personalization" where you can add text and upload a photo or .jpg file.

The text that I used was
"Dear Child's name,"
We miss you. We would like to invite you on our late summer cruise aboard the Disney Magic. We had such a great time when you vacationed with us last year! We would love to do it again. Will you join us on September 27th aboard the Disney Magic? We are waiting for you.
Love,
Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine, Snow White, and Ariel"

One word of caution- make sure that you lok at the layout on the screen bwfore you submit the card for printing just to make sur ethat the text appears where you want it to on the card.
Cyndifan, I will PM you the file.
Let me know if anyone needs more info.

You can schedule to to be sent anytime you want. I did mine a few weeks ago so that I wouldn't forget, and I just scheduled it to be sent later. However, I think that you could probably shedule it for the next day if you wanted it to be sent out ASAP.

Hi, Jennifer.

Where did you get the clipart? & how did you insert it?

Thanks.

I asked about clip art once before and people gave me a bunch of sites. Unfortunately I don't remember any of them....But, I used them. I made an excel weekly calendar countdown until our cruise (now only 63 weeks away). I have 80 character images in there. Basically I have just about all of the main characters saved as .gif files. I can send you some if you want. I could also send you the calendar (2mb in excel) which has them all so you could cut and paste out of that.

Feel free to PM me with your e-mail address and I will be glad to send them to you.

Note - I do not have a group shot of the princesses or any characters. Each is by itself.

you'll need to brief the Princesses your daughter meets, about the invite. She might mention something about getting it & they won't know what she is talking about. It could add to the "magic", if Cinderella etc. says to your daughter that she is glad the daughter accepted the invite....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter