Cruise interior cabin - anyone booked them?

gracie1

DIS Veteran
I am looking into booking a cruise and the price for an interior cabin is great! We haven't stayed in an interior cabin before, but for the price of the oceanview like we had the last time just doesn't seem worth it. We were only in our cabin to sleep and shower.
And I notice that the square footage isn't much difference. Just curious of any reviews or recommendations!
Thanks

We booked one in Nov on Carnival........loved it actually!! It was so dark when we wanted to sleep or nap--but it never threw us off on our timing of night/day like others have complained about! We are rarely in our cabin except to sleepp, shower and change....so we never noticed not having a window or balcony! Will book this way again!

I've been on 3 cruises ~ all interior and they've been fine. My mom and grandma had a view room during our most recent cruise and I didn't think it was all that fabulous.

Thanks everyone! On my previous cruise our TA talked us out of the interior room because she said it would be like a dungeon. We booked the oceanview, and we were never in the room! Plu the windows were so dirty you couldn't see out of them! lol

I am so happy to hear some good reviews. A nightlight I will definately pack!

We spent a week in a cat 12 on the Magic..it was fine :). You are hardly ever in the room, and they do have lights :). For night, DH sleeps with the tv on , so we had that!!

Our first cruise was to Alaska and we had a porthole. It was fine, and the ship was quiet (lots of older folks, Holland America) so we would have been fine with the interior room.

So, we booked an interior room for our Wonder cruise. We kinda wished we had a balcony just because the ship was so busy, and my husband is an introvert who needs quiet time to recharge. Our solution was Deck 7 aft. :)

Now, if/when we do a DIS cruise again someday, I will be torn. The interior cabins on the new ships will have LED 'portholes' where you might just see a certain seagull fly by that has a redheaded mermaid friend, or a house getting pulled away by balloons. :)

I went on an Alaskan Cruise (Holland America) in August, 2009 and had an interior cabin. I was very happy. The cabin was roomy and the bathroom was more than adequate. I really spent very little time in the cabin and the lack of a window or balcony was not a problem at all. I was on the Promenade Deck and could be outside sitting in a lounger in less than a minute.

Our first cruise was to Alaska and we had a porthole. It was fine, and the ship was quiet (lots of older folks, Holland America) so we would have been fine with the interior room.

So, we booked an interior room for our Wonder cruise. We kinda wished we had a balcony just because the ship was so busy, and my husband is an introvert who needs quiet time to recharge. Our solution was Deck 7 aft. :)

Now, if/when we do a DIS cruise again someday, I will be torn. The interior cabins on the new ships will have LED 'portholes' where you might just see a certain seagull fly by that has a redheaded mermaid friend, or a house getting pulled away by balloons. :)

I am actually excited about being in an inside room just for that LED porthole!! :lovestruc

We have done balconies (more times) and then two times we have interior, I thought that I would hate it, but for the major cost savings we tried it, and honestly I LOVED it! We are never in our room, so investing that kind of money wasn't worth it for us. Now with that said, we are going on the Wonder to Alaska and did spring a LOT of $$ for a balcony, but Alaska is all about the scenery, so we wanted it.

I am actually excited about being in an inside room just for that LED porthole!! :lovestruc

We have done balconies (more times) and then two times we have interior, I thought that I would hate it, but for the major cost savings we tried it, and honestly I LOVED it! We are never in our room, so investing that kind of money wasn't worth it for us. Now with that said, we are going on the Wonder to Alaska and did spring a LOT of $$ for a balcony, but Alaska is all about the scenery, so we wanted it.

Thanks!! I agree, in Alaska you need the balcony!
Thanks everyone! I am booking an interior cabin:thumbsup2

Have to chime in since I have the opposite opinion. We usually have balconies and tried an interior on the Carnival Dream. I found it completely claustrophbic - the cabin felt so small, and it was just 2 of us. Never would have survived it with my 2 kids. There is no couch, like in ocean view cabins, I found it much smaller, felt like living ina closet. To each his own, but I would never go that route again - what ever you decide have a great cruise - we crusie in 75 days - can't wait!!

My mom and dad take cruises often and always book interior rooms. Having a view makes mom's seasickness act up.

I had also heard about the interior cabin being claustophobic. as for the couch, that doesn't matter to us as we never used it anyway. All we did was put our suitcases on it

I have been on 6 cruises on various lines, ALL inside staterooms! I am booking my 7th cruise on DCL this week, an Interior again! I don't know any different, so that's what I always book. It's actually the BEST sleep ever! :lmao: But seriously, you save a lot of money for the inside cabins and the square footage is usually the same as the Outside Staterooms anyway. I say GO FOR IT! :thumbsup2

The most amazing scenery on an Alaskan cruise is Glacier Bay, and I would probably spring for a balcony if I was going on a line that cruises there, but Disney will not be going to Glacier Bay.

I know some will cruise Disney no matter what but if you can be swayed AT ALL, I would encourage you to cruise Alaska with another line. Glacier Bay is just to stunningly beautiful to be missed.

I do not like the fact that a cruise is actually ON water (see my tag). ;)
The indoor room is sooo nice to sleep in, dark and relaxing.

I do not like the fact that a cruise is actually ON water (see my tag). ;)
The indoor room is sooo nice to sleep in, dark and relaxing.

Thanks!!! I am definately going to book an interior. And the picture of your pup is absolutely adorable!!!!

We had 2 rooms booked on our cruise, one interior and one balcony. I spent one night in the balcony room. I Loved sleeping in the interior room (and I have borderline claustrophobia). It was so dark and quiet. It didn't have the split bathroom which was kinda a bummer - but would do it again.

We had 2 rooms booked on our cruise, one interior and one balcony. I spent one night in the balcony room. I Loved sleeping in the interior room (and I have borderline claustrophobia). It was so dark and quiet. It didn't have the split bathroom which was kinda a bummer - but would do it again.

What is a split bathroom?

Have to chime in since I have the opposite opinion. We usually have balconies and tried an interior on the Carnival Dream. I found it completely claustrophbic - the cabin felt so small, and it was just 2 of us. Never would have survived it with my 2 kids. There is no couch, like in ocean view cabins, I found it much smaller, felt like living ina closet. To each his own, but I would never go that route again - what ever you decide have a great cruise - we crusie in 75 days - can't wait!!

On the Disney ships I have always had a couch in the inside cabins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter