• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise in Dec??

snowy1022

Earning My Ears
We can't make our minds weather to cruise in Oct or Dec. We are thinking of Dec 18-21 cruise so we can celebrate my parents 40th anniversary on the ship. Is the weather still warm enough to swim? I think my dad would really love the disney island but I don't want to freeze in the water. Any input would be helpful. Thanks

We are cruising on the 3 day Dec 18th cruise. That timeof year is still relatively warm down here, and the last time I was in the Bahamas in Dec., it was still warm enough to swim.

I'm betting that cruising around the gulf stream, and with the relative confines of Serenity Bay at CC, it should present no major discomfort to swim & splash.

Have Fun!!

We were on the 4-night Dec. 15-19 Wonder cruise last year and Castaway Cay was overcast all day long and the water was very cold; Nassau was also cool and windy. Maybe the weather was a fluke last year? We're trying the 3-night cruise this year from Dec. 4-7 and hoping for warmer weather!

We were on the four night cruise on December 8 last year. The weather in Nassau was very nice (not too hot) and felt good after our four days of being cold and wet in Florida. It was cool and overcast the day we were at Castaway Cay, but we all (3 adults, 2 50-somethins and a 76 year old) did some swimming. The water was a bit chilly when we first got in, but it wasn't bad enough to keep us out!

We're cruising this year on December 7 (also four night) and can't wait!

Beth

We were on a cruise this past March and it was a bit chilly for me to swim. (the water was chilly that is) But I'm from Florida and it was to be HOT for me to go swimming. This isn't stopping me from my December cruise though. I'll just work on my tan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter