• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise for honeymoon in october?

craedaisy12

Mouseketeer
I will be getting married next year in October, and my DFi and I were thinking of honeymoon ideas. I've never been on a disney cruise but always wanted to! I'm just not sure how cruises are in October?

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

~October 18-26, 2014~

I personally think October is a great time to cruise... we've gone twice in Sept, once in May and 3 times in October. And we are going again this October.

We actually got married on the Disney Fantasy and then spent the week on the cruise. We've now done 5 Disney Cruises and all have been great, whether a short Caribbean cruise or the Mediterranean cruise we did this past May. There are lots of adults only things to do and the experiences we've had, Disney did an adequate job of keeping kids out of the adult areas and activities.

The staff also went above and beyond for our meals and stateroom, with congratulations messages, special desserts and other elements for our honeymoon cruise that we don't receive on our normal cruises.

I can let you know in 2 months! We'll be honeymooning on the 10/18 Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean) and I'm so excited. I've had my eye on a DCL honeymoon for quite some time now.

I personally think October is a great time to cruise... we've gone twice in Sept, once in May and 3 times in October. And we are going again this October.

That's awesome. We've only been to the parks and never done a cruise before. Any tips with planning? Or is it pretty simple?

We actually got married on the Disney Fantasy and then spent the week on the cruise. We've now done 5 Disney Cruises and all have been great, whether a short Caribbean cruise or the Mediterranean cruise we did this past May. There are lots of adults only things to do and the experiences we've had, Disney did an adequate job of keeping kids out of the adult areas and activities. The staff also went above and beyond for our meals and stateroom, with congratulations messages, special desserts and other elements for our honeymoon cruise that we don't receive on our normal cruises.

That's amazing! I've seen the vacation DVDs and thought it would be so fun to try one! I love how Disney adds extra lil things for special occasions!

We are going on our 2nd Disney cruise this Oct. Our last one was Oct 2011. The weather was fantastic...warmer than we expected. While it is still technically hurricane season, we had great weather. Fewer kids, as they are in school, and water temps are still good in all the ports. A great time of year, in my opinion!

We cruised 3 nights on the Wonder for our honeymoon in Oct. 2001, after spending 4 nights at the parks. We had a great time. You won't be overwhelmed with kids - you can do the late seating and take advantage of all the adults only spaces and activities.

Weather is usually good, but it is the tail end of hurricane season - get trip insurance! And use a travel agent.

We did our honeymoon on the Oct 20-27th Fantasy Eastern in 2012 ( The Hurricane Sandy Cruise :) ) Had a great time!

:love: We have done all our cruises in October. They are great. We did our honeymoon/and now 2 anniversary cruises. The last cruise was hurricane sandy but Disney had no trouble getting us around the storm! The only trouble was embarkation day because the boat got to the terminal late (only by an hour) and the terminal opened late, but that really didn't effect any of the 1st day activities. We also didn't get to go to grand cayman :sad: but it was to avoid the storm. That was ok because extra day on ship to do fun things or to relax:beach:

Like the other posters. We got married back on Oct 2001 and did a 3 day cruise on RCL. I got a little bit sick due the boat was a smaller boat. Fast forward 10 years, we decided to do 3 days at WDW and 4 day cruise on Dream. We absolutely love it. We now do a DCL cruise every year around Oct. Nov or early Dec.
The greatest benefit of cruising than on DCL during that time is it the cheapest time to cruise DCL. For us we only done concierge because it's cheaper than doing a port hole view in the summer.

I also agree with late dinning. We don't have any kids and still have a blast

I was married in Sept 2001 and was planning to sail Sept 12th - until Sept 11th happened. That being said, we ended up going the first week in October and it was wonderful. Weather was perfect, no issues at sea. Had a great day on Castaway Cay. Loved every minute - we've done 4 more since.

With each post it's convincing me more and more to do one. Since no one in my family has and I can beat them to it :D

Our honeymoon was an Alaskan cruise (on Royal Caribbean). Lovely way to honeymoon!

The only issue with October is that it's prime hurricane season, so if you're flying (didn't catch your location) in, you want to make sure you give yourself time in case of delays, and watch the weather and your flights!

Our honeymoon was an Alaskan cruise (on Royal Caribbean). Lovely way to honeymoon! The only issue with October is that it's prime hurricane season, so if you're flying (didn't catch your location) in, you want to make sure you give yourself time in case of delays, and watch the weather and your flights!

Thanks! Will be flying from MD. Will keep that in mind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter