Cruise Documents

SlimKat

Earning My Ears
Okay I am getting super excited about my upcoming cruise. What is the earliest that anyone has ever received their documents? I am 46 days away from embarkation.:woohoo: I have been rushing to the mailbox since last week awaiting my docs. Am I too early? :(

Okay I am getting super excited about my upcoming cruise. What is the earliest that anyone has ever received their documents? I am 46 days away from embarkation.:woohoo: I have been rushing to the mailbox since last week awaiting my docs. Am I too early? :(

I am a 145 days out I am also anxious at the mail box lol (I know it's a long ways to go) but surprisingly I have received something every few weeks, got the DVD today!!!

Ok..Newbie question...What's in the cruise documents?:confused3
We did online check in already, printed that off. Besides our luggage tags, what else? This curious newbie wants to know...:goodvibes

Me too!! We are anxiously awaiting our documents....but at the same time have no idea what will be in them?

and we leave Oct. 1. It's amamzing how happy that little envelope made me. :cool1:

Rats!!! That means I have to wait another 15 days before my docs arrive.

BTW, WeLoveDisney- what DVD and other things have you received? I received a DVD a long time ago and a reminder email for my booking window but nothing else. Please enlighten me? Thanks :)

We did online check in already, printed that off. Besides our luggage tags, what else? This curious newbie wants to know...:goodvibes

Really not much. Everything that you need is pretty much online. Your ticket is your identification. There's an order form for goodies to meet you in your cabin. A note about what to expect on the cruise. You'll also get your luggage tags. It's mostly the excitement of having it all so close.

Rats!!! That means I have to wait another 15 days before my docs arrive.

BTW, WeLoveDisney- what DVD and other things have you received? I received a DVD a long time ago and a reminder email for my booking window but nothing else. Please enlighten me? Thanks :)

I'm a 145 days out so I'm not receiving much and were also going to WDW. So far I've received 2 DVDs, my cruise important dates, some things I've ordered (pins, lanyards, etc) something is always coming

Just the stuff you already did online and some helpful reminders on what to pack I think. Al you really need are the luggage tags, and you don't put those on until you are on the way to the Port:thumbsup2

We got ours today.... 33 days out :banana:

Wasn't really much in there... just a little booklet, cards that you give to those that might need to reach you onboard while you are away, luggage tags.

:thumbsup2 Ok!!! Just one more thing for this disneychik to get excited about!!! Whoo hoo!:banana::banana::banana:

I've seen references to immigration or customs forms among the cruise documents but we only received the little spiral booklet with luggage tags. We've printed out the sheet that we both need to sign. Is there something else we should have?

We received our cruise documents about 20 days before embarkation - but we booked through a travel agent and we live outside the US, so there's an extra delay in receiving our mail.

The spiral-bound booklet included:
  • a reminder of passport information & bar codes for each passenger in our reservation (no, they weren't adhesive-backed for use on foreheads);
  • luggage tags: two per guest; there are two names on each tag: the lead name on the reservation + the guest's (ours were for travel only from hotel to the port, as our hotel will deliver our luggage to the ship);
  • a welcome back letter from the DCL president (we're past cruisers);
  • a vacation checklist which included completing your documents, how to reach the ship by phone, packing a day bag, when to use the luggage tags included, and reminders before reaching our departure port (Canada);
  • embarkation information;
  • a summary of the cruise including sailing details, guests, dates, flight information, ground transportation, insurance, pre-paid gratuities, port adventures, Palo dining reservations, and a few other things;
  • a sailing itinerary;
  • reservation details including baggage information for our airline and reiterated flight details that we had provided (flights booked on our own);
  • information about the onboard airline check-in program, gratuity guidelines, ship contact information (those handy cards for friends and family are nice);
  • and cruise documents: cruise contract (important to read, at least once in your life; it's standard language), embark-departure form, payment authorization form, onboard airline check-in program pre-registration form & ground transfer purchase option form (some/many/all of these available online, too).

Have a great trip! Anticipation is the best part of travel.

Do you get these same documents if you booked using DVC points? Do they arrive around the 30 day mark or are they delayed as with using a travel agent?

Do you get these same documents if you booked using DVC points? Do they arrive around the 30 day mark or are they delayed as with using a travel agent?

We booked our 10/16 cruise using DVC points & we just got our Dream Cruise Documents in last night's mail. Needles to say, we're doing the Happy Dance....:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter