cruise docs in the mail?

CesD

Mouseketeer
Does royal Caribbean mail out a little booklet with luggage tags, etc before sailing like DCL? if so how far out are they sent?

Nope.

So here's what the extra one pays DCL gets: soda and a booklet with sticky luggage tags. :)

With Royal at a certain point out you do online checkin stuff. Then after a bit of time you can print out your Set Sail Pass, and then after a bit of time you'll be able to print out luggage tags.

Many of us refer to the luggage tags as "arts and crafts", because their instructions tell you to print one on a piece of paper, then you fold fold fold and staple it over your bag handle. No thank you. :)

I go to the port, show a porter my Set Sail Pass so s/he can see my stateroom number (at the noisy port I don't want to rely on hearing b/c s/he could mis-hear it), they write out some plain sticky luggage tags, wrap them around the handles of the bags I'm checking with them, and I'm done. We're dropping bags off with porters anyway (and tipping of course), might as well have them give you the tags.

Many of us refer to the luggage tags as "arts and crafts", because their instructions tell you to print one on a piece of paper, then you fold fold fold and staple it over your bag handle. No thank you. :)

I go to the port, show a porter my Set Sail Pass so s/he can see my stateroom number (at the noisy port I don't want to rely on hearing b/c s/he could mis-hear it), they write out some plain sticky luggage tags, wrap them around the handles of the bags I'm checking with them, and I'm done. We're dropping bags off with porters anyway (and tipping of course), might as well have them give you the tags.
Agree about the bag tag origami thing. We just don't do it. The porters will make all the tags needed for free (well, you do tip them).

Last edited:

I found these luggage tag holders on cruise critic:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

luggagetag_holder.jpg

My daughter just asked me yesterday if Royal mails a booklet like DCL. I told her no (we've already printed our set sail pass and tags for Sunday!!!). I told her it was probably to save money and she said that must be why DCL is so much more expensive. Yes. The luggage tags and booklet explain it. :rotfl2:

Don't forget the soda! :)

They used to send real tags for suites but ended that a couple months ago. Sigh.

thanks all! what about activites like character breakfast? DCL put them on the fish hooks, what does RCL do?

1 person gets a free soda package as part of our promo, will vouchers be in our room also?

Don't forget the soda! :)
I know! We have to PAY for soda. Imagine that. It brought the difference between the Royal and DCL prices to only $3,340 less. ;) We bought soda packages (my kids don't even like soda, really, but they are fiends for the Freestyle machines. Whatever.). We'll be getting our money's worth on soda. Or, at least, cherry flavored water.

thanks all! what about activites like character breakfast? DCL put them on the fish hooks, what does RCL do?

1 person gets a free soda package as part of our promo, will vouchers be in our room also?

Royal has things outside the doors as well.

Your Freestyle cup will be sitting in your room. There will be the cocacola symbol on that person's seapass card. Showing the card at a bar will get a cup of soda from the soda gun if they aren't carrying the cup or there isn't a Freestyle machine, and if you are on a ship with a Freestyle machine they can use the Freestyle cup at the machine.

It brought the difference between the Royal and DCL prices to only $3,340 less.

Only 3340? Unacceptable! :)

Question about the luggage tags. I did the online checkin and on the page where it printed a sample luggage tag it said:
The images below contain luggage destination information for each person in your reservation and any associated reservations in your SetSail Pass. They are not real luggage tags. Please use official luggage tags for your bags. If you need extra luggage tags, or if you have forgotten to bring your luggage tags with you, the images below can be used by the Porter to create luggage tags at the pier.
OK so how do you get official luggage tags?

Question about the luggage tags. I did the online checkin and on the page where it printed a sample luggage tag it said:

At a certain point later there will be an active link to print luggage tags.

Royal's IT is about as good as disneys. As in, not good. Maddening. They will be there. Just keep checking.

But I just ignore it and have the porters do the tags.

I did buy those luggage tag holder things a few years back but I can never find them at the right time. Porters are good

There are none; not in the way you're thinking. Either print them off (they generate with your boarding documents) or do what the PP described and have the porters tag your bags when you arrive at the port. FWIW, I actually do miss getting the package delivered too (our first few sets were sent by courier to our door :goodvibes) but those days are gone.

How far away is your cruise? Luggage tags usually become available online about 45 days before the cruise.

They are a little more haphazard when it comes to set sail passes and luggage tags becoming available.

The sample is just something to perhaps show the porters while having them make tags. At least that's what I use it for. :)

But you'll get more "real"-looking tags to print as time goes on. No worries!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter