• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise Docs !!!! But We Have A Problem...

t-bone

Mouseketeer
Hi Guys- We are 13 travelling Jan. 28th- All the doc's arrived just now and we are all confirmed first seating except for my parents- They are confirmed second seating. I called expedia, who called Disney and they said we would have to take care of it on board. How succesful have people been with this? I was SOOOO looking forward to this day to "do the dance" now I feel so upset. My parents will flip if it can't be changed. What should I expect when I board? Am I going to have to start off my vacation with complaining and standing in a bunch of lines just to get passed to the next person who will tell me that there isn't any room in first seating? (BTW, we all had confirmed first seating when we booked !!!)......HELP.... :sad:
Tracey

Did you have all of your reservations linked?? I would call DCL directly. I booked our cruise through DU but was still able to call DCL directly to link our dining. We sail 1/22 and we all just got switched to Main seating 2 weeks ago. It's worth a try to ease your mind. If they can't help you, just go to the dining room when you board. I doubt it will be a problem to correct since there are 13 of you. They should be able to squeeze 2 more people in to your table(s). Although I don't know if there will be a long line. :confused3

There was noone else in the room when I went to switch our Palo brunch to an earlier time & request our favorite server. :) The dining room change table is usually off to the left and they should be able to take care of this very quickly.

We have two cabins booked (one in my name and one in DHs name..but will be used for our DDs) should I be concerned about not having the same dining time..we requested early? Or is there a need to be concerned we will not be seated at the same table?

We went through a TA and I am pretty sure both reservations are linked.

We were on the Magic Dec. 17 cruise. 6 people in our party of 29 were waitlisted for early dining for months. All their documentation said late dining, but when they got their key to the kingdom card, they were early dining, and we were all seated in the same area. They did arrive early at the port so they could change it ASAP (even though it wasn't necessary in the end). Bottom line, make sure your party is waitlisted and linked.

Hi,

I also wouldn't wait either, do this as "soon" as you get onboard even if you have to go the Purser's Desk (Guest Services) to find out when the first available time would be that you could speak to someone about this (which will probably be the Maitre De). Their will be lots of people who have small children that got the late dinner seating that will want to switch, so they need to know about your situation before they reassaign the late seating diners. I am sure as long as you take care of this promptly you'll have no problems being seated togther.
PS
It does sound like the online booking agency you used forgot to link the reservations.

HI Guys- I just got off the phone with Disney and expedia and yes, they were linked together. I got the standard "we don't know what happened" from expedia and Disney said that since we didn't book directly through them we would have to wait until we boarded and then talk to the peolple that handle dining. Hopefully we will get it taken care of but it sure takes all the fun out of doing the doc dance. :(
Thanks for all your replies. Tracey

I sure can understand your frustrations, but hold on to that hope that Disney will do everything they can to make your trip great.

have the same sort of problem, 11 of us and 2 are late seating. we need to get it changed as soon as we get on board. where do we go to get it changed. sailing on sunday!!

Most likely Wave Bands on Deck 3, when you check-in make sure you get your welcome aboard letter/navigator for the first day. It will have all the info you need.

thankyou 2angels
do they hand out the welcome aboard letter/navigator when you check in or is there some place on the ship that you need to go to get it?

tmtip
we did book with a travel agent, but did not all book at the same time, sm world vac,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter