• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise discounts

alycat64

Earning My Ears
Just finished a 3 night cruise on the dream today. We loved it. I looked into booking a longer cruise during the summer of 2014. The prices are significantly higher and I didn't want to rush and pick a 5 or 7 day, a specific ship, destination, etc. will they honor the 10% off for a limited time when you return? I heard that they will send out an email after a period of time and offer the 10% off again. Know long after you cruise will you get the offer?

We've never gotten that offer and we're Platinum Castaway Club members. Completed our 11th last week.

For future reference your deposit onboard is refundable unless you're cruising concierge and you can move/change it without penalty as long as you are before the Pay in Full period. You have 18 months to use the benefits.

We've never gotten that offer and we're Platinum Castaway Club members. Completed our 11th last week. For future reference your deposit onboard is refundable unless you're cruising concierge and you can move/change it without penalty as long as you are before the Pay in Full period. You have 18 months to use the benefits.

Doesn't sound like they booked, that's why they're asking about offer in the mail. I remember getting one in the mail once

I understand that. That's why I said "for future reference." They missed the opportunity to book onboard because they weren't sure but lots of us aren't when we do the OBB.

We've never gotten the offer so I'm not sure what the criteria are to receive it.

Wanted the OP to understand that they may or may not get the bounceback offer.

I called dcl customer service and asked. The person I spoke to said I would get a letter with a PIN number in the mail 4-6 weeks after sailing. She asked her supervisor to confirm that. Hoping that's true. I will wait another few weeks to see before I book. I may book since they have a special on the deposit til Dec 15 and I have til Jan 19th to cancel and get the deposit back. If I get the PIN, I can cancel , make a new reservation and transfer the deposit to the new reservation.

The letter that 'usually' comes if you don't book on board has had a lot of restrictions.

With the latest changes in OBB, I wonder what these changes would be moving forward and if they will mail letters to those who didn't book on board.

We cruised in October 2013 and did not rebook on board. About 4 weeks after we returned home, we received a letter in the mail, offering us 10% off on our next cruise if we booked by 12/12/13. I didn't notice a lot of restrictions with the discount. They honored it for a Thanksgiving cruise 2014. They family we traveled with reviewed the same letter about 3 days after mine came.

Just offering the other side - my two friends who cruised with me in September (first time DCL cruisers) did not receive any offer. They each received their Castaway Club paper cards and the bigger postcard, however they did not receive the 10% off offer. We cruised 9/1 so fairly recent. :confused3

OP: If you don't mind me asking you here - we are about to go on the 3 night Dream cruise, this Thursday. :cool1: Can you confirm if there was a Gingerbread making class on the 3 night cruise? I've done it on the Fantasy and I know it's not advertised and I've heard scant reports it's on the 4 night Dream cruise. Just curious - thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Glad you had a great time!
Heather

I called dcl customer service and asked. The person I spoke to said I would get a letter with a PIN number in the mail 4-6 weeks after sailing. She asked her supervisor to confirm that. Hoping that's true. I will wait another few weeks to see before I book. I may book since they have a special on the deposit til Dec 15 and I have til Jan 19th to cancel and get the deposit back. If I get the PIN, I can cancel , make a new reservation and transfer the deposit to the new reservation.

Maybe they are right. We were one of the lucky ones that received this PIN after our first cruise but most do not. If you do get one it will be 10% off prevailing rates but you will not get a reduced deposit or OBC.

The letter that 'usually' comes if you don't book on board has had a lot of restrictions.

With the latest changes in OBB, I wonder what these changes would be moving forward and if they will mail letters to those who didn't book on board.

Mine didn't come with a lot of restrictions, we just had a very short time to use it but that was almost 2 years ago. Of course, like you said, all of this may have changed with the recent OBB changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter