cruise director Rachel

BethA

DIS Veteran
I'm curious what everyone thinks of the Magic cruise director Rachel. Does anyone know what happened to Jim? He was the CD on our previous 3 cruises and lways very visible and personable.

Beth

Have not met Rachel - But Jim is now at DCL corporate in Celebration! It was an exciting move up for a man who had been on a ship for over 20 years. Is Jackie still around?

Rachel was our CD in March and I thought she seemed really nice and personable.

Denae

I'm curious what everyone thinks of the Magic cruise director Rachel.

Honestly, I thought her voice was ear piercing and that she spoke constantly like everyone onboard was 5 years old.

I also tried making light conversation with her on the second night of our last cruise, and she was very snobbish.

I found her a poor replacement fro Jim. To me she seemed very fake and too full of herself, but that is just my impression. I was curious what everyone else thought.

I loved her! Of course, this was my first cruise so I don't know anything about Jim. I loved Rachel's accent and found her to be very friendly and personable when we chatted with her one evening.

I loved everything about my vacation though :-)

rachel seems to have gone to the same school of hand motions as the people on the weather channel. she appeared to enjoy her job and during our brief encounter seemed friendly and personable. is she a figurehead or does she actually plan the activities? in either case i think she did her job.

We were on the magic in may this year and I thought I recognised Rachel from a previous cruise we took in 2002, although on that cruise she was the person who did the shopping talks before the island stops.

Am I right???

Alba

Jim was our CD on two previous cruises. We really enjoyed him (MUCH better than our first cruise with Rick!) I'll have to look for him around town.:wave:

We're cruising DCL again this fall. I hope Rachel tones it down a bit before our trip.

Rachel and "ear piercing?" Unless there are two Rachels, she didn't seem that way to us on the 6/19. We didn't have the chance to chat with her personally but her British accent was quite upbeat on the shipboard announcements and in the disembarkation talk. She seemed far from snobbish to us.

Originally posted by drclaws
Rachel and "ear piercing?" Unless there are two Rachels, she didn't seem that way to us on the 6/19. We didn't have the chance to chat with her personally but her British accent was quite upbeat on the shipboard announcements and in the disembarkation talk. She seemed far from snobbish to us.

As far as I know it is the same Rachel and she was on our December Wonder 4-day (2003).

Rachel seemed nice enough on our 12-27-03 Eastern, but she really doesn't have the best voice for annoucing work, speaking as a TVGuy, that is. Maybe if she took up smoking and drinking whiskey? Seriously, I worked for a guy that told a female reporter with a squeaky voice that she should take up smoking and drink whiskey to deepend her voice!!!

Originally posted by tvguy
Rachel seemed nice enough on our 12-27-03 Eastern, but she really doesn't have the best voice for annoucing work, speaking as a TVGuy, that is. Maybe if she took up smoking and drinking whiskey? Seriously, I worked for a guy that told a female reporter with a squeaky voice that she should take up smoking and drink whiskey to deepend her voice!!!

:eek: :laughing:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Just to add to my earlier comment...I think part of the reason her voice was so annoying to me was also because they had the mics turned on so incredibly high. Made me want to cover my ears everytime she spoke! Her voice just dug right through me.

wondering if anyone has a photo of Rachel they could post she was th CD when we sailed

My Dad and DH invited Rachel to dinner with us :rolleyes:

That was my "least" favorite meal and poked fun at them for the rest of the cruise! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter